Jump to topic:

DEBATE TOURNEY FOR LAZY PEOPLE :D nac

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 6:30:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What is the number one reason people avoid doing debate tournaments? they are long, they take forever to go through, sometimes they arent interesting, tough to get going, and people just lose interest after a while.

But what if you could be in a debate tournament that required as minimum effort as possible but increased the enjoyment you could get out if it?

Well that tournament is finally here!

This will be a tournament to determine WHO THE FUNNIEST COMEDIAN IS.

Heres how it works. 8 people sign up, they chose which comedian they think is the funniest. Then during debates, all they have to do is post a single 10 to 20 minute long video (or longer if you can find one) of that comedian doing stand up comedy, the other person does the same thing. AND THATS IT. You dont have to do any analysis of why your guy or girl is funnier, you dont have to give information of where the stand up was done, you dont have to do anything. Zero, zip, nada, nien. Thats it.

Best part is, ALL DEBATES ARE ONLY 2 ROUNDS LONG :D This means you dont have to use the same videos over and over, post new material if you think its funnier. You dont need to do introductions in the first round or anything just post 1 video per round, and thats it. Thats all that has to be done.

Interested? SIGN UP ALREADY (First ones who sign up get to pick which comedians that are available, so the really good ones go fast)

Just give your name and the comedian you want to choose in parentheses.
Example: Imabench (David Chapelle)

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -

Tourney will start this weekend if all the spots fill up
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 6:58:46 PM
At 9/4/2012 6:30:38 PM, imabench wrote:
What is the number one reason people avoid doing debate tournaments? they are long, they take forever to go through, sometimes they arent interesting, tough to get going, and people just lose interest after a while.

But what if you could be in a debate tournament that required as minimum effort as possible but increased the enjoyment you could get out if it?

Well that tournament is finally here!

This will be a tournament to determine WHO THE FUNNIEST COMEDIAN IS.

Heres how it works. 8 people sign up, they chose which comedian they think is the funniest. Then during debates, all they have to do is post a single 10 to 20 minute long video (or longer if you can find one) of that comedian doing stand up comedy, the other person does the same thing. AND THATS IT. You dont have to do any analysis of why your guy or girl is funnier, you dont have to give information of where the stand up was done, you dont have to do anything. Zero, zip, nada, nien. Thats it.

Best part is, ALL DEBATES ARE ONLY 2 ROUNDS LONG :D This means you dont have to use the same videos over and over, post new material if you think its funnier. You dont need to do introductions in the first round or anything just post 1 video per round, and thats it. Thats all that has to be done.

Interested? SIGN UP ALREADY (First ones who sign up get to pick which comedians that are available, so the really good ones go fast)

Just give your name and the comedian you want to choose in parentheses.
Example: Imabench (David Chapelle)

13 - Daytonanerd (John Stewart)
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -

Tourney will start this weekend if all the spots fill up
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 6:59:13 PM
At 9/4/2012 6:57:56 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
I'm in. JOHN STEWART FOR THE WIN!

I'm talking about standup comedians >.<
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 7:01:18 PM
At 9/4/2012 6:59:13 PM, imabench wrote:

Oh come on. Just because he sits down at a desk, that doesn't mean he should be excluded.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 7:34:55 PM
At 9/4/2012 7:01:18 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Oh come on. Just because he sits down at a desk, that doesn't mean he should be excluded.

change your person or you get kicked out

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 7:36:45 PM
At 9/4/2012 7:34:55 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/4/2012 7:01:18 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

change your person or you get kicked out

How does he not qualify as stand-up? Fine. I'll come up with someone else.
#FeeltheFreezerBern