Jump to topic:

HE'S FINALLY GONE! nac

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 2:15:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Not that I'm proud we bullied him off the site,...but at least there won't be any more dumb comments and evangelical threads in the religious section.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 2:19:20 PM
We need people here with different views... @darkkermit He was a christian a lot of people didn't like here, but he had like 2000+ post so I bet he comes back.
Me
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 2:21:17 PM
At 9/5/2012 2:19:20 PM, yoda878 wrote:
We need people here with different views... @darkkermit He was a christian a lot of people didn't like here, but he had like 2000+ post so I bet he comes back.

And about 1900+ of those posts were incoherent responses that amounted to as much as me saying "neener neener".
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 2:44:48 PM
I found him interesting, even though I didn't agree with everything he said, I just don't think you should bully people out of here.
Unless they are trolls or double accounts those annoy me. Real people with real views we need more of them here and less of the trolls. I'm really taking about the site in general now not just this one guy.
Me
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 3:00:03 PM
Finally..lol
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 3:07:46 PM
I never found any common ground with the guy, but at the end of the day all he was trying to do was save our souls. As misguided as he was, he wasn't by any means a bad guy so I'll miss him and I hope he eventually comes back.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 3:09:02 PM
Annoyance is directly proportional to attention span. If you pay less attention to the object that annoys you....well....nuff said.

That being said, I found the kid to be quite approachable. That's all I expect for a community like this. Considering the common banality that floods these forums from some of your accounts, I certainly wouldn't place Scotty at the top of the "undesirables" list.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 3:10:00 PM
$90 says he comes back two hours after the first episode of the weekly stupid airs....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 5:04:32 PM
At 9/5/2012 3:25:52 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
Despite the stupidity of some of his posts, he seemed like a pretty good guy.

And even still he is smarter then the average American.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 5:12:49 PM
At 9/5/2012 5:04:32 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 9/5/2012 3:25:52 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
Despite the stupidity of some of his posts, he seemed like a pretty good guy.

And even still he is smarter then the average American.

Easy there dude..... He did go on record saying he thinks that Giants built the pyramids and that the UN is planning on taking over the world with the world's military.... And thats just the stuff we know about
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 5:33:45 PM
The things he said were dumb.
Being excited about him leaving is dumb.
I will bathe gloriously in the abundant flowing of dumbness and whistle a serine tune about it.

Gurglegurglegurle
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 5:38:14 PM
At 9/5/2012 5:33:45 PM, FREEDO(peace be upon him) wrote:
The things he said were dumb.
Being excited about him leaving is dumb.
I will bathe gloriously in the abundant flowing of dumbness and whistle a serine tune about it.

Gurglegurglegurle

FREEDO HATH SPOKEN!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 5:55:10 PM
At 9/5/2012 3:07:46 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I never found any common ground with the guy, but at the end of the day all he was trying to do was save our souls. As misguided as he was, he wasn't by any means a bad guy so I'll miss him and I hope he eventually comes back.

This. The guy was, all in all, not as bad as you portray him. He did make some stupid comments, but he looked like a good guy overall.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 5:58:39 PM
At 9/5/2012 2:44:48 PM, yoda878 wrote:
I found him interesting, even though I didn't agree with everything he said, I just don't think you should bully people out of here.
Unless they are trolls or double accounts those annoy me. Real people with real views we need more of them here and less of the trolls. I'm really taking about the site in general now not just this one guy.

This place is for intellectual conversation. If someone is continually doing the opposite, he gets pressured by the community. If he changes, that's great. If he leaves, fine.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 6:06:37 PM
At 9/5/2012 5:55:10 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:

This. The guy was, all in all, not as bad as you portray him. He did make some stupid comments, but he looked like a good guy overall.

This this.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 6:31:03 PM

I really have to say this "good guy" thing is a little exaggerated. If an atheist gives you an effort-full rebuttal and you respond by saying "let Jesus save you", it isn't just a slap in the face, but it's a disingenuous comment used to dismiss other people's beliefs while feeling sacrosanct because the words sound kind prima facie...if you don't bother to consider the sentiment behind it.

It's understandable that other Christians would find those comments kindhearted,....but you have to put it in context and in its proper perspective.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 6:35:32 PM
At 9/5/2012 6:31:03 PM, 000ike wrote:

I really have to say this "good guy" thing is a little exaggerated. If an atheist gives you an effort-full rebuttal and you respond by saying "let Jesus save you", it isn't just a slap in the face, but it's a disingenuous comment used to dismiss other people's beliefs while feeling sacrosanct because the words sound kind prima facie...if you don't bother to consider the sentiment behind it.

It's understandable that other Christians would find those comments kindhearted,....but you have to put it in context and in its proper perspective.

as in,...he says them with obvious malicious intentions.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 6:36:00 PM
At 9/5/2012 6:31:03 PM, 000ike wrote:

"Let Jesus save you" and "Ill Pray for you" Are basically how devout Christians say "go f*ck yoursef" And Scotty did plenty of that around the site.

Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:49:13 PM
So mean.

I didn't always agree with him, but I appreciated his input and thought he was a nice counterbalance.

I prefer diversity, even if it means contrast. If this website became monochrome, it'd probably die out.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 8:57:56 PM
At 9/5/2012 8:49:13 PM, Ren wrote:
So mean.

I didn't always agree with him, but I appreciated his input and thought he was a nice counterbalance.

I prefer diversity, even if it means contrast. If this website became monochrome, it'd probably die out.

^^^^^
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross