askbob

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 4:48:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What happened to him?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 4:49:17 PM
He stopped making multis after Juggle remained unrelentless in closing said multis, and finding less support on DDO than he had hoped.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 4:51:30 PM
At 9/7/2012 4:49:17 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
He stopped making multis after Juggle remained unrelentless in closing said multis, and finding less support on DDO than he had hoped.

Don't you mean relentless? I meant 'who IS askbob?'
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 4:56:59 PM
At 9/7/2012 4:53:44 PM, Koopin wrote:
He was a mod who accidentally banned someone who was innocent. So Juggle took away his power and banned him.

Actually, I don't believe you. Sorry.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 4:57:44 PM
At 9/7/2012 4:56:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 9/7/2012 4:53:44 PM, Koopin wrote:
He was a mod who accidentally banned someone who was innocent. So Juggle took away his power and banned him.

Actually, I don't believe you. Sorry.

Askbob used to own the site. He went to jail for rape.
kfc
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:03:26 PM
askbob is currently having an electric shock applied to him for each post you make on this thread.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:05:18 PM
At 9/7/2012 5:03:26 PM, MouthWash wrote:
askbob is currently having an electric shock applied to him for each post you make on this thread.

askbob's balls get bigger with every volt that runs through his body.
kfc
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:05:22 PM
At 9/7/2012 5:00:43 PM, Koopin wrote:
Askbob once killed a fat lady with a purple plastic spoon.

That one's actually true.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:06:09 PM
Can I have a serious answer, please?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:38:17 PM
At 9/7/2012 5:05:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:00:43 PM, Koopin wrote:
Askbob once killed a fat lady with a purple plastic spoon.

That one's actually true.

C'mon, she clearly killed herself. He was just goading her.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:42:26 PM
At 9/7/2012 5:06:09 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Can I have a serious answer, please?

Lol, a sincere please is so hard to deny...

...he was a troll that occassionally left intuitive input (unlike most others) and, as I understand it, was an avid and adroit Mafia player.

However, he had a penchant for harassment of those he didn't like (sentiments with which the forum sometimes concurred, sometimes, not), and happened to be a hacker that would hijack those he liked least, mined their personal information, and giddily exploited it in the interest of their mortification.

For that last bit, he was banned. He thus threatened Juggle, I think, in some sort of capacity, which essentially blacklisted him.

He was ultimately pretty childish and insecure, but he was clever. I don't know. There are people that I'd certainly like to come back, and he isn't particularly one of them.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:43:00 PM
Short answer. When askbob was here, moderation was lax and there were plenty of trolls around and this irked people quite a bit. Askbob went around posting personal information of these trolls and their pictures, etc to drive them off the site. He was hailed as a hero who did something the moderators could on.

As time went on, he started posing personal info of legit members that he disliked. He used his popularity to harrass and bully people for fun. He drove many legit members off the site by posting their own personal information.

Juggle got fed up of him terrorizing the community and banned him. He still does have small pockets of support from some select current members who condoned his antics, and tolerated or supported his bullying. But, fortunately, that support base is getting smaller and smaller.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:52:22 PM
At 9/7/2012 5:43:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Short answer. When askbob was here, moderation was lax and there were plenty of trolls around and this irked people quite a bit. Askbob went around posting personal information of these trolls and their pictures, etc to drive them off the site. He was hailed as a hero who did something the moderators could on.

As time went on, he started posing personal info of legit members that he disliked. He used his popularity to harrass and bully people for fun. He drove many legit members off the site by posting their own personal information.

Juggle got fed up of him terrorizing the community and banned him. He still does have small pockets of support from some select current members who condoned his antics, and tolerated or supported his bullying. But, fortunately, that support base is getting smaller and smaller.

Thus leaving a power vacuum in DDO, causing vicious civil war for power all across DDO as personalities recruited supporters who fought each other to the death through cyber warfare for power. All of that ended the day before you showed up...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:57:07 PM
At 9/7/2012 5:52:22 PM, imabench wrote:

Thus leaving a power vacuum in DDO, causing vicious civil war for power all across DDO as personalities recruited supporters who fought each other to the death through cyber warfare for power. All of that ended the day before you showed up...

yes, the members you thought just decided to "leave" DDO. Innomen and his administration murdered them all.
Open borders debate:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:59:19 PM
At 9/7/2012 5:57:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:52:22 PM, imabench wrote:

yes, the members you thought just decided to "leave" DDO. Innomen and his administration murdered them all.

Then they painted the walls of DDO with their blood to keep the rest of us in line.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 12:50:22 PM
He had a controversial way of getting rid of trolls. Sometimes he'd just bully them off, but others he would post their info. People made a huge fuss of it too much. There were a number of times I didn't agree with what he did but otherwise it was just, in my opinion. At times it was hilarious. He got banned when he posted a picture of a kid who went by the name of brainmaster at the time. Brain was the biggest troll I've ever seen and many agreed. He had been spamming for a long time and innomen wouldn't ban him for some reason. Juggle were also extremely inactive. I don't really blame askbob for doing it. There was no moderation. Innomen wasn't banning brain and everyone hated the kid. Even if you disagree with his method, he still did the site a favor. After posting the pics, brain closed his account. Juggle suddenly made an appearance and the first thing they did was ban askbob. Afterwards askbob made an account and pm'd a bunch of people including me about leaving the site. The majority of the anarchists left which sucked since a lot of them were the best members we had. Innomen was staunch in keeping him banned. He's come back a few times and trolled around before he gets banned, though he usually doesn't act like that

-Was knowledgeable about economics.

-Very active in mafia and made a lot of beginner games.

-One of the first members of the site.

-Was banned a few other times by the previous owner, Phil (though I wasn't there so I don't know about that).
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 1:15:11 PM
It should be noted that Innomen did not get mod powers until AFTER Askbob's banning.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 1:41:57 PM
At 9/8/2012 1:15:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
It should be noted that Innomen did not get mod powers until AFTER Askbob's banning.

It seems like I remember innomen stating he refrained from banning brain because he was trying to talk him into becoming a legit contributor to the site.

Or was it that he stopped the ban from taking place?

If so I will have to retract some of my previous statements.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)