Jump to topic:

What you want to improve.

TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:09:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am sure many here have posted this type of threads. I could not find them, so here we go again.

My improvement is:
Being able to delete comments and/or being able to edit comments, after posted.
Rich text for all users.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:11:27 PM
At 9/7/2012 8:09:14 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
I am sure many here have posted this type of threads. I could not find them, so here we go again.

My improvement is:

The weekly stupid would go out of production!

Rich text for all users.

Everyone can already use rich text!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:22:43 PM
At 9/7/2012 8:11:27 PM, imabench wrote:

My improvement is:

Snatch as soon as seen. Or are you saying you like to humilate people?
Rich text for all users.

No we cant in the forums.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:37:20 PM
At 9/7/2012 8:22:43 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:11:27 PM, imabench wrote:

My improvement is:

I dont like it, I make a living out of it. Theres a difference

Rich text for all users in the forums.

clarity is key
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:17:23 PM

I dont like it, I make a living out of it. Theres a difference
Makes me sad ;( How so?

Rich text for all users in the forums.

clarity is key

I see. I was refering more to an actual tool.LOL
famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 10:51:57 PM
At 9/7/2012 11:17:56 PM, larztheloser wrote:
I've said this so often but here I go again - more characters for voting! I cannot give a good vote with a mere 500 characters.

Well some people simply resolve into showing their RFD in the comments section and I guess that still works.
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 10:56:25 PM
I'll ask for the text editor for arguments to be more compatible with Microsoft Word and Open Office documents...so to prevent any unusual glitches and uneven and unnatural spacing between the paragraphs of the copied & pasted document.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:08:54 PM
At 9/7/2012 11:25:44 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
I am guessing that Airmax should try to add some these into his presidency.

Please don't critique Airmax just based on the preexisting issues of the site; you assume that he will even play a decisive role in orchestrating these changes for him "to add some [of] these into his presidency."

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:18:35 PM
At 9/8/2012 11:08:54 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Please don't critique Airmax just based on the preexisting issues of the site; you assume that he will even play a decisive role in orchestrating these changes for him "to add some [of] these into his presidency."

That was not any kind of critique, it was a suggestion, it sure would make his support increase.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:25:02 PM
At 9/8/2012 11:18:35 PM, TheAsylum wrote:

That was not any kind of critique, it was a suggestion, it sure would make his support increase.

I never really said that you were critiquing him now...especially to extend that as a way to criticize him. I'll concede that I however read the post...the wrong way.

And while true, you do need to think of how feasible it is to implemented.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:26:37 PM
At 9/8/2012 11:25:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I never really said that you were critiquing him now...especially to extend that as a way to criticize him. I'll concede that I however read the post...the wrong way.

It just seems like--to me, I should say--that Airmax is sometimes criticized in the wrong places by the community, especially by a potential candidate....

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:33:23 PM
Edit posts, and delete option, but only if when the person posts a thread, they have the option to shut off this, for Mafia.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:49:36 PM
At 9/8/2012 11:26:37 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

It just seems like--to me, I should say--that Airmax is sometimes criticized in the wrong places by the community, especially by a potential candidate....

I like Airmax.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:50:12 PM
At 9/8/2012 11:33:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Edit posts, and delete option, but only if when the person posts a thread, they have the option to shut off this, for Mafia.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:51:56 PM
At 9/8/2012 11:49:36 PM, TheAsylum wrote:

I like Airmax.

Okay. It does seem there are others, then, who don't like Airmax.

TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:55:52 PM

I actually think that the president should have more control. Not saying Airmax should, I do not know him that well. But I think they should like you suggested have more power to improve.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:57:12 PM
At 9/8/2012 11:51:56 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I like Airmax.

There is not to much you can do to really criticize Airmax's presidency on DDO...I mean Juggle is more involved, and changes actually have come...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:00:33 AM
At 9/8/2012 11:57:12 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

I like Airmax.

There is not to much you can do to really criticize Airmax's presidency on DDO...I mean Juggle is more involved, and changes actually have come...

Yes. Airmax has worked hard on other issues at hand, and he doesn't seem to have much power directing his changes, though they are credited or listed under his domain.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:10:38 AM
At 9/8/2012 11:55:52 PM, TheAsylum wrote:

I actually think that the president should have more control. Not saying Airmax should, I do not know him that well. But I think they should like you suggested have more power to improve.

Eh...that's another question for another day. =)

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:37:13 AM
And just to note, it appears that members are often unaware that they are logged off the site, so when they happen to act--to type a response, a portion of an argument, and so forth, a small version of the screen stating that the page doesn't exist appears. I suppose we can ask Juggle to try to solve the issue members have with controlling when they can be logged off the site.

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:18:30 AM

I like Airmax.

To be quite frank, neither of these are due to airmax. I expected the tournament promise to come through, and in the last 2 months we've had one "official" tournament (which was conspicuously the same as all others we've had, which I'm not sure even was finished), a few changes in the stickies, and not much else.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:43:38 AM
At 9/9/2012 9:18:30 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

I like Airmax.

To be quite frank, neither of these are due to airmax. I expected the tournament promise to come through, and in the last 2 months we've had one "official" tournament (which was conspicuously the same as all others we've had, which I'm not sure even was finished), a few changes in the stickies, and not much else.

Juggle does updates based on their own volition. I have very little control over this and while I am aware of them, and they often ask me in advance of them being released what I think of them, and to occasionally help with them directly, (as was the case with the candidates/parties update for example) for the most part, updates happen based upon the will of Juggle itself and have almost nothing to do with me.

New updates are planned for the future, and while I am aware of them, have offered feedback to Juggle and done whatever I can to help them, my role with regards to them is minimal. This is Juggle's website, and they are the ones responsible for all of the updates that take place.

Aside from making Juggle aware of certain bugs and issues within the site, and regularly speaking with members of Juggle staff about the site and its various features, members opinions, and occasionally encouraging or discouraging certain actions being taken with regards to site updates that members are interested in, Juggle for the most part does all of these updates entirely on their own and my influence on them is minimal.

As for juggles renewed involvement of the site, this has nothing to do with me as I just happen to be at the right place at the right time... though I appreciate my relationship with Juggle's staff and appreciate the fact that they reach out to me for a second opinion on updates and to help when considering ideas for various things to do with the site (like the DDO blog).

As for changes to the site in general, once again, I just happen to be in the right place in the right time, and Juggle deserves all of the credit for every site update that has occurred. I'd like to thank them all for their hard work on the site, and I look forward to continuing to work with them, by offering my opinion and giving them feedback on their work and helping them in any way that I can.

...But to be clear, I deserve no credit for any of the updates that have taken place, and once again I'd like to thank Juggle for their hard work and dedication to improving DDO.
Debate.org Moderator