Jump to topic:

1st Debate

Samuelstinger91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:24:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Since this is a debate site, i find it proper that I do a debate. But one question remains: What debate should I do? and how do i start a debate? and with whom? Help please?
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:30:03 PM
At 9/9/2012 12:24:57 PM, Samuelstinger91 wrote:
Since this is a debate site, i find it proper that I do a debate. But one question remains: What debate should I do?:
That is up to you to decide go atop the page and view open debates if you do not have one you want to start.
and how do i start a debate?:
Go to Debates at the top of the page and click debates. When there you have a option on the righthand side to start your own.
and with whom?: Help please?:
With whom is your choice or you can start one and a random opponent will arise. Go to the forums and discuss and I am sure a opponent and topic will come up for debate.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:57:27 PM
Since this is a debate site, i find it proper that I do a debate. But one question remains: What debate should I do?

You can accept any debate under the "challenge period" under the debate tab or you can start one of your own. If you do start one, do NOT pick one you are passionate about. Most people lose their first few debates on here, wait until you get the hang of it before you start debating stuff you are passionate about.

and how do i start a debate?

You can click "Start a Debate" under the "Debates" tab. Type in a title for what the debate will be about and in the text box explain what you will be debating, and which side you are going to take.

and with whom?

You can leave it open for anyone to accept, or when making the debate if you click "advanced options" next to opponent you can limit the scope of who you want to accept your debate. (Dont get carried away with the limitations though)

You can also challenge specific people to a debate by typing in their name in the "Opponent" text box.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 2:03:33 PM
Since this is a debate site, i find it proper that I do a debate. But one question remains: What debate should I do?

Resolved: Giraffes are people too.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)