Jump to topic:

DDO Fans Chatroom

TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 1:42:39 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I visited DDO fans the other day, and first and foremost well done guys - it looks great and I'm sure it'll improve.

When I was on it I saw the chat function. Basically, it's a page in which a chatroom is located. After signing in, there was no one in there. So I was just wondering, does anyone here regularly go on it? I remember that we once had a chatroom going on, and it was going smoothly for but died out after awhile (unless it's just me not being a frequent visitor).

And I know some people might think the chatroom is useless given we have forums here, but I find it more suited for different uses - such as casual conversations and getting to know your fellow members better.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 6:41:13 AM
Chat rooms only really work on sites with a much larger number of users - typically, when I log on to DDO there are only half a dozen or so members online, so I suspect the fan site would have fewer still.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 6:59:44 AM
The chatroom was only recently added (I didn't even know until you just mentioned it).

Brian is right, though. There aren't enough people that come here regularly to support a chatroom. We have tried a couple of times without success.
idontbelieveit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 5:13:49 PM
At 9/16/2009 6:41:13 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
typically, when I log on to DDO there are only half a dozen or so members online

That's because you live in England. There are usually 20 or so members online. As of now, there are 18.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 7:33:23 PM
Chat rooms only really work on sites with a much larger number of users - typically, when I log on to DDO there are only half a dozen or so members online, so I suspect the fan site would have fewer still.

On the contrary, I'm not sure a chatroom would function well with a lot of members. Having over 10 people in an instant messaging room will become quite hectic and confusing.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 7:43:59 PM
I've just logged into the chat room if anyone is up for a chat.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 9:00:43 PM
Anyone who has mod powers on the DDOWiki, please ban the spammer.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 9:20:02 PM
At 9/17/2009 9:00:43 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

Only s0m31john has that ability. He hasn't signed on in three weeks.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 9:01:37 AM
At 9/17/2009 9:20:02 PM, JBlake wrote:

Maybe that should change, then?
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 9:03:03 AM
At 9/17/2009 7:33:23 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:

On the contrary, I'm not sure a chatroom would function well with a lot of members. Having over 10 people in an instant messaging room will become quite hectic and confusing.

Also, it's not unusual for typical chat rooms to have 20--30 people at a time. It usually works out well. Of course I haven't been in a real chat room since I was like 12. Either way, there usually aren't that many people online at once, and if there are, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will all be in the chat. I think it'd just be an easier way than hitting the refresh button in the forums every 5 seconds when there's an interesting discussion going on.
President of DDO
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 12:18:32 PM
At 9/18/2009 9:01:37 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 9/17/2009 9:20:02 PM, JBlake wrote:

Maybe that should change, then?

Agreed. But nothing can be done about it until he gets back. In the meantime, it isn't too hard to undo the spam.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2009 5:53:16 PM
I'm bored at work, anyone watn to come to ddofans chatroom for a chat I'll be there.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Charlie_Danger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2009 6:19:29 PM
At 9/20/2009 1:17:56 PM, mongeese wrote:
On the subject of DDOFans, is there any chance we'll gain the ability to add pictures to pages anytime soon?

I still am waiting on Volkov for an OPINION page.
http://www.Debate.org...
^Latest Debate^

http://www.Debate.org...
word

http://www.debate.org...
lolwut^

http://www.myspace.com...
^Not music, but music^

Music Line of The Day:
"She burns like the sun, and I can't turn away"
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2009 8:15:30 PM
I should note that the person logged-in as "PoeJoe" was not me. I had logged in as "Joe3462," though I am not logged-in as of present.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2009 8:21:06 PM
At 9/23/2009 8:15:30 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
I should note that the person logged-in as "PoeJoe" was not me. I had logged in as "Joe3462," though I am not logged-in as of present.

Yeah, I thought so. The person who was pretending to be you had crappy excuses :P. I'll probably sign back on when more verified people are on.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2009 8:33:19 PM
At 9/23/2009 8:21:06 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:

Yeah, I thought so. The person who was pretending to be you had crappy excuses :P. I'll probably sign back on when more verified people are on.

I'm going in now as leethal if anyone still keen.

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2009 8:37:30 PM
At 9/23/2009 8:33:19 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/23/2009 8:21:06 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:

I'm going in now as leethal if anyone still keen.

Man, it's deserted in there. Even the trolls have left.

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2009 8:40:05 PM
Anyways, if anyone does decide to join me in there, make sure you come here first and say so or there's no way to know who to trust.

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2009 6:59:20 PM
At 9/24/2009 6:57:41 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
I signed in as Logical-Master!

I'm going in as leethal.

BrandonClark
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2009 8:11:36 PM
At 9/24/2009 8:08:12 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I'd sign in but it sounds like a sausage fest =/

As in the food?
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2009 8:23:00 PM
At 9/24/2009 8:11:36 PM, BrandonClark wrote:
At 9/24/2009 8:08:12 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I'd sign in but it sounds like a sausage fest =/

As in the food?

Depends if you're that way inclined...