Jump to topic:

<strong>Changing Usernames</strong>

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:30:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
When I originally chose my username, I thought I would do a witty play on words by picking Wallstreetatheist because I do not believe in the money-seeking businesses of the United States; hence, I am a Wall Street atheist. However, many people mistakenly believe that I am an atheist because of my username, so I want to change it to WallStreetMuslim for the purpose of clarity and personal utility. Does anyone know how I could go about effecting this change?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:41:07 AM
At 9/12/2012 1:30:17 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
When I originally chose my username, I thought I would do a witty play on words by picking Wallstreetatheist because I do not believe in the money-seeking businesses of the United States; hence, I am a Wall Street atheist. However, many people mistakenly believe that I am an atheist because of my username, so I want to change it to WallStreetMuslim for the purpose of clarity and personal utility. Does anyone know how I could go about effecting this change?

Ask the mod.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 2:33:36 AM
When I signed up, like a month ago, I was told that you cannot change your user name. Which makes sense, so you can't pretend to be someone else and confuse people.

So, unless things changed with the new look, I don't think there is a way you can change it.

That's what you get for being clever ;)
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 3:09:42 AM

Do what I did, close your account and start again.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 7:32:24 AM

Or you could just stop trolling...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
nate.DDOqa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 9:07:09 AM

Microsuck asked me to do this for him. I did not do it because if I did it for one I would have to do it for all. Also there are risks of db collisions when changing usernames as well. So the best solution is to close your current account and start over.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 9:27:35 AM
Didn't they used to do this?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 12:35:15 PM
Thanks guys, I've decided to just keep my account as is to 1) keep my debate records, 2) keep my forum post number, and 3) not confuse the poop out of people. The ability to change one's username (let's say once every year/6 months) would be a cool feature to add to the site in the future in a way that doesn't cause db collisions.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:01:19 PM
At 9/12/2012 7:32:24 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Or you could just stop trolling...

^This.