Jump to topic:

Big Thank You Note....Thing

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 11:17:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok, so while we've all been talking about these updates, which are/sound awesome, I just thought of how awesome DDO is.

So, I compiled a list of what I thought made DDO awesome. Feel free to add to it, and show some love to Juggle.(Koopin, imabench, anyone else, G-Rated!)

- Diversity

While this is not a must, it makes DDO awesome, because we have someone that can express almost any view on here, for almost anything, and often well. Geo may seem crazy sometimes, but guys! He's our conspiracy theorist! I hope he never leaves. And I mean that Geo. And RP! I hate her guts while we debate on the forums, or play against each other in Mafia...but guys! She's our Communist!(and don't gimme that an-comm junk Royal!)

- Basic Functioning of the Site

Now, its not perfect, but there is a lot to praise about the site. The Reply system is by far the best I've seen anywhere, the ways you can communicate, how stuff is organized, how debates work....its all very easy to do, and functions well. PM's are another great example, especially with group PMs. Basically. It rocks. And its just getting better!

- Community

I sorta touched on this with Diversity, but dang guys, we can a awesome darn community. I mean, I didn't notice until I visited other forums, but the close-knit type way we are is really cool, which is one reason I hope if DDO does get better, it will be close to the same. Plus, not only are people here awesome, but they actually challenge how I think of things. I've changed quite a bit in my worldview since I've come here, whether you've noticed it or not. For a good example, PM Contra.

- Forum Games

While I doubt this is unique to this site, I would argue we have one of the better forums game setups than most other sites not dedicated to forum games. Mafia, RP games, games like New Planet....its just awesome. I love it! Good players, and lots of fresh ideas, the first of which is strongly lacking in many sites.

- Mods, Owners

And last, but most certainly not least, our (figure-head) dictators. The mods I've seen on this site are easy going, slow to ban, but quick to listen. Which rocks, cause on some other forums, you say one racist statement and....BANHAMMER! So, keep it up mods! And finally, Juggle. While we thought for awhile that we had just become some money sink for them, destined to have the plug pulled on us one day, they came back, and have been updating like crazy. Dunno why or how, since I can't see how we can make them money, but I'm happy about it. So, thanks Juggle!

So, yeah, thats my Big Thank You Note....Thing.

Feel free to add.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 1:40:24 AM
"She's our Communist!(and don't gimme that an-comm junk Royal!)"
Whatchu talkin bout Willis?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:06:56 AM
At 9/14/2012 1:48:32 AM, DontTreadOnMe wrote:
At 9/13/2012 11:35:50 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/13/2012 11:22:31 PM, Zaradi wrote:
kfc
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 7:43:33 AM
At 9/14/2012 5:06:56 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/14/2012 1:48:32 AM, DontTreadOnMe wrote:
At 9/13/2012 11:35:50 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/13/2012 11:22:31 PM, Zaradi wrote:
kfc
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13