Total Posts:138|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Declined Challenges

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 4:14:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Perhaps we should start a forum topic publicly calling out people for refusing to accept a debate (while continuing to vehemently disagree with you). I understand that not everyone likes to debate formally; I personally prefer formal debates because I find them much easier platforms to cohesively lay out and respond to arguments. But what about creating limited forums where only you and one other person (or anyone else you include) "discuss" rather than formally debate? Would that be less intimidating? I'm not sure we can reasonably implement this, though perhaps in the future it will be a feasible endeavor depending on the features DDO unveils. Maybe not. But it's incredibly frustrating when people insist on BS they can't back up. Recently, Zaradi said he didn't buy my argument that legalizing prostitution would benefit the U.S. economy. However, he keeps declining my debate challenges to defend his assertion. Hmm.
President of DDO
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 4:34:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
inb4 somebody comes in here and calls out Geo on all of his recent bullsh*t
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 4:40:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Danielle, if your gonna make a thread to call someone out, skip the BS and just call them out.

And, no we don't need another pointless thread that will get used a couple times, then be ignored.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 4:41:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 4:34:21 PM, imabench wrote:
inb4 somebody comes in here and calls out Geo on all of his recent bullsh*t

GeoLaureate knows how to think independently and critically, not immediately following or easily conceding norms accepted in society.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 4:43:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 4:40:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
And, no we don't need another pointless thread that will get used a couple times, then be ignored.
Most don't, but Danielle does. Attention-prostitution is a necessary commodity for some people.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 4:45:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I fully agree Danielle.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 4:48:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And the 1v1 thing already happens, just other people argue as well. It wouldn't work that well I imagine anyways.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 4:50:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 4:14:53 PM, Danielle wrote:
Perhaps we should start a forum topic publicly calling out people for refusing to accept a debate (while continuing to vehemently disagree with you). I understand that not everyone likes to debate formally; I personally prefer formal debates because I find them much easier platforms to cohesively lay out and respond to arguments. But what about creating limited forums where only you and one other person (or anyone else you include) "discuss" rather than formally debate? Would that be less intimidating? I'm not sure we can reasonably implement this, though perhaps in the future it will be a feasible endeavor depending on the features DDO unveils. Maybe not. But it's incredibly frustrating when people insist on BS they can't back up. Recently, Zaradi said he didn't buy my argument that legalizing prostitution would benefit the U.S. economy. However, he keeps declining my debate challenges to defend his assertion. Hmm.

Oh you mean like a debate about gay marriage. There is nothing to debate, you are either for it or you are a bigot. End of discussion. I turn these down all the time. It's a complete waste of ones thought process and time.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 4:54:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 4:50:05 PM, sadolite wrote:

Oh you mean like a debate about gay marriage. There is nothing to debate, you are either for it or you are a bigot. End of discussion. I turn these down all the time. It's a complete waste of ones thought process and time.

Teach us your ways, oh wise and noble one!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 4:57:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 4:41:25 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:34:21 PM, imabench wrote:
inb4 somebody comes in here and calls out Geo on all of his recent bullsh*t

GeoLaureate knows how to think independently and critically, not immediately following or easily conceding norms accepted in society.

He doesnt accept ANY of the norms of society! This is a guy who feeds off of Infowars like its his actual diet, he buys into ANY conspiracy theory and then argue it over and over without giving any facts showing that it is a conspiracy instead of a coalition of random occurances, he builds world events around his warped view of the illuminati or some other society controlling the world, he will blindly follow any 3rd party candidate who campaigns for president no matter how bat sh*t crazy their opinions or beliefs are, he believes that anybody who doesnt vote libertarian is a fascist, he makes absurd claims about the world based off of what Alex Jones says it really is or by loosely defining words that clearly have a different meaning, and anybody who calls him on his bullsh*t will get only one of these as a response:

1) Read this link From Infowars that is just as vague as what I said
2) Im smarter than you because I said so, deal with it
3) I cant debate this because I dont have the time
4) Copy-pastes something from Infowars.

The only thing worse than this is that the American public falsely stereotypes all libertarians as someone who acts like Geo (Insane and cannot be reasoned with), and frankly you reinforce the same stereotype since you have an undying support for Libertarians because you are just as insane as Geo since youve gone on record saying that you support the complete execution of all homosexuals
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:00:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 4:58:28 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
MattDescopa, Geo believes in Reptilians and other trans-dimensional aliens.

What, your saying those aren't real?!

Royal, I think a lot of people believe in reptilians, it's lizard people we have a problem with.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:01:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 4:50:05 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:14:53 PM, Danielle wrote:
Perhaps we should start a forum topic publicly calling out people for refusing to accept a debate (while continuing to vehemently disagree with you). I understand that not everyone likes to debate formally; I personally prefer formal debates because I find them much easier platforms to cohesively lay out and respond to arguments. But what about creating limited forums where only you and one other person (or anyone else you include) "discuss" rather than formally debate? Would that be less intimidating? I'm not sure we can reasonably implement this, though perhaps in the future it will be a feasible endeavor depending on the features DDO unveils. Maybe not. But it's incredibly frustrating when people insist on BS they can't back up. Recently, Zaradi said he didn't buy my argument that legalizing prostitution would benefit the U.S. economy. However, he keeps declining my debate challenges to defend his assertion. Hmm.

Oh you mean like a debate about gay marriage. There is nothing to debate, you are either for it or you are a bigot. End of discussion. I turn these down all the time. It's a complete waste of ones thought process and time.

Nice strawman. That actually isn't the argument used by the intelligent supporters of gay marriage. Want to debate the topic? I won't use that argument at all.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:01:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 5:00:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:58:28 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
MattDescopa, Geo believes in Reptilians and other trans-dimensional aliens.

What, your saying those aren't real?!

Royal, I think a lot of people believe in reptilians, it's lizard people we have a problem with.

Reptilians are lizard people, lol.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:02:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 4:50:05 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:14:53 PM, Danielle wrote:
Perhaps we should start a forum topic publicly calling out people for refusing to accept a debate (while continuing to vehemently disagree with you). I understand that not everyone likes to debate formally; I personally prefer formal debates because I find them much easier platforms to cohesively lay out and respond to arguments. But what about creating limited forums where only you and one other person (or anyone else you include) "discuss" rather than formally debate? Would that be less intimidating? I'm not sure we can reasonably implement this, though perhaps in the future it will be a feasible endeavor depending on the features DDO unveils. Maybe not. But it's incredibly frustrating when people insist on BS they can't back up. Recently, Zaradi said he didn't buy my argument that legalizing prostitution would benefit the U.S. economy. However, he keeps declining my debate challenges to defend his assertion. Hmm.

Oh you mean like a debate about gay marriage. There is nothing to debate, you are either for it or you are a bigot. End of discussion. I turn these down all the time. It's a complete waste of ones thought process and time.

Dude grow up, there are legit reasons people have to be against Gay Marriage and if you dont want to debate over it then you know your reasons are bullsh*t and just dont want someone to expose you for your bullsh*t.

If you have good reason to be against it and your reasons are based on logic and reasoning then being against Gay Marriage for those reasons doesnt make you a bigot, what makes you a bigot is if you are against Gay Marriage and your reasons are pure bullsh*t
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:14:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 4:14:53 PM, Danielle wrote:
Perhaps we should start a forum topic publicly calling out people for refusing to accept a debate (while continuing to vehemently disagree with you). I understand that not everyone likes to debate formally; I personally prefer formal debates because I find them much easier platforms to cohesively lay out and respond to arguments. But what about creating limited forums where only you and one other person (or anyone else you include) "discuss" rather than formally debate? Would that be less intimidating? I'm not sure we can reasonably implement this, though perhaps in the future it will be a feasible endeavor depending on the features DDO unveils. Maybe not. But it's incredibly frustrating when people insist on BS they can't back up. Recently, Zaradi said he didn't buy my argument that legalizing prostitution would benefit the U.S. economy. However, he keeps declining my debate challenges to defend his assertion. Hmm.

Do you mean benefit the US economy significantly or just benefit the US economy? No way the effects would be significant.

The effects of legalizied prostitution would be small. Prostitution has been the "oldest profession" yet there have been plenty of times when prostitution been legalized yet there are economic slumps.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:20:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 4:41:25 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
GeoLaureate knows how to think independently and critically, not immediately following or easily conceding norms accepted in society.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:32:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 5:20:40 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:41:25 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
GeoLaureate knows how to think independently and critically, not immediately following or easily conceding norms accepted in society.

^ See what I mean? Geo only appeals to people who can be considered completely nuts.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:42:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 5:32:35 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:20:40 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:41:25 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
GeoLaureate knows how to think independently and critically, not immediately following or easily conceding norms accepted in society.

^ See what I mean? Geo only appeals to people who can be considered completely nuts.

That depends on who is nuts here. If believing that your government and society actually are concerned about you then that is nuts. If you think(in my case) that ignoring the Bible over societies terms of science, when the Bibleand God tells you not too and then say you believe in God, then that is not just nuts but self deceit. Or the examples of control that are ever so increasing and then deny it, then that is not only nuts but denial.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 5:45:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 5:42:22 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:32:35 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/14/2012 5:20:40 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:41:25 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
GeoLaureate knows how to think independently and critically, not immediately following or easily conceding norms accepted in society.

^ See what I mean? Geo only appeals to people who can be considered completely nuts.

That depends on who is nuts here. If believing that your government and society actually are concerned about you then that is nuts. If you think(in my case) that ignoring the Bible over societies terms of science, when the Bibleand God tells you not too and then say you believe in God, then that is not just nuts but self deceit. Or the examples of control that are ever so increasing and then deny it, then that is not only nuts but denial.

I was referring to you thinking Giants from the Bible built the Pyramids, that Atheists believe in the devil even when they dont, and that there isnt any proof for evolution
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 6:13:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was referring to you thinking Giants from the Bible built the Pyramids:
Great Pyramid, there is a difference. Have you did any real study of the Great Pyramid? Do you deny giants in the Bible? If not, how did giants come about?
that Atheists believe in the devil even when they dont:
Obviously they dont believe in the Devil, tey do not believe in God either. Does this change that either are real? If you're not for God(and you must believe in him to be), then your against him and that is the devil.It more refers they believe in devilish things and teachings.
and that there isnt any proof for evolution:
Depends on what type of evolution you are refering.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 7:05:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 6:13:28 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
I was referring to you thinking Giants from the Bible built the Pyramids:

Great Pyramid, there is a difference.

Not really, the Great Pyramid was 455 feet high, the one right next to it is 448 feet high, so why is it that it was impossible for Humans to have been able to add another 7 feet to it?

Have you did any real study of the Great Pyramid?

I know enough about it off hand

Do you deny giants in the Bible?

Yep

that Atheists believe in the devil even when they dont:

Obviously they dont believe in the Devil, tey do not believe in God either. Does this change that either are real?

That wasnt what you were arguing though, you said even if they dont believe in the devil, they do. That was it.

If you're not for God(and you must believe in him to be), then your against him and that is the devil.

Whatever happened to being neutral?

and that there isnt any proof for evolution:

Depends on what type of evolution you are refering.

The one you are irrationally against.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 7:38:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 4:40:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Danielle, if your gonna make a thread to call someone out, skip the BS and just call them out.

And, no we don't need another pointless thread that will get used a couple times, then be ignored.

^ This.

Also, while a formal debate is good, most people do not have time for it. It isn't time consuming to post in the forums but a debate takes tons of time and research and when you accept a debate, you want to meet deadlines, not forfeit, give it your best shot by doing good research, research your opponent's claims to the best of your ability, etc.

I for one, don't have the time to defend every statement I make in the forums in a formal debate, and I would expect Zaradi or whoever else it is to have a similar outlook. Sure, when members have time available, they will debate but I think it is quite rude to make threads calling out another person simply because they declined your challenge. If they declined your challenge, challenge somebody else. After all, debates are supposed to be a way to grow your knowledge of the topic, right? Not an ego-boost.

I am not saying debate any noob that accepts. It is okay to be very selective in who you debate, but there are plenty of people who want to debate a hot topic who are also good debaters. Just look at the leaderboard.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 7:49:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 7:38:23 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:40:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Danielle, if your gonna make a thread to call someone out, skip the BS and just call them out.

And, no we don't need another pointless thread that will get used a couple times, then be ignored.

^ This.

Also, while a formal debate is good, most people do not have time for it. It isn't time consuming to post in the forums but a debate takes tons of time and research and when you accept a debate, you want to meet deadlines, not forfeit, give it your best shot by doing good research, research your opponent's claims to the best of your ability, etc.

Actually no thats false. The same amount of time that people spend in the forums could have been time spent preparing a good debate, so the time aspect is negated. Your saying a debate takes research, isn't this a good thing!? When people make claims we want these claims to be backed by good evidence. If you don't care about evidence than anyone can claim whatever they want.

I for one, don't have the time to defend every statement I make in the forums in a formal debate,

If you can't defend your claims and your claims can't handle any scrutiny why are you making them in first place!!!!!

and I would expect Zaradi or whoever else it is to have a similar outlook. Sure, :when members have time available, they will debate but I think it is quite rude to :make threads calling out another person simply because they declined your :challenge. If they declined your challenge, challenge somebody else. After all, :debates are supposed to be a way to grow your knowledge of the topic, right? Not :an ego-boost.

Actually yes it is good to call out people who cannot defend their claims (not saying zaradi cannot defend his claims BTW). If they declined your challenge that means they are a coward whose statements have no substance to them. Debates are a better way to grow knowledge than the forums, debates are more reliable then forum comments, and debates are like a chess match/military battle which definitely has ego involved.

I am not saying debate any noob that accepts. It is okay to be very selective in who you debate, but there are plenty of people who want to debate a hot topic who are also good debaters. Just look at the leaderboard.

You have not argued anything. Debate is many times more superior than the forums. Forums are only good for the discussion of information not debate and debates in the forums often fail.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 7:52:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 7:05:21 PM, imabench wrote:

Not really, the Great Pyramid was 455 feet high, the one right next to it is 448 feet high, so why is it that it was impossible for Humans to have been able to add another 7 feet to it?:
Yes, really. It is far superior in design. Far superior in exzactness. The other Pyramids are not even close to the design of the Great Pyramid, Hence the name, Great Pyramid.
I know enough about it off hand:
I take that as a NO.

Yep:
So you just deny the Bible or just dont read it? There are alot of accounts in the Bible.

Whatever happened to being neutral?:
Lol. What happened to it? Read the Bible and see what neutral gets you.
The one you are irrationally against.:
So, yes, I am against Macro-evolution.
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 8:36:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 4:54:33 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:50:05 PM, sadolite wrote:

Oh you mean like a debate about gay marriage. There is nothing to debate, you are either for it or you are a bigot. End of discussion. I turn these down all the time. It's a complete waste of ones thought process and time.

Teach us your ways, oh wise and noble one!

Here's how it works. I am for preserving the institution of marriage as being between a man and woman. Another person says they are for changing it to include bisexuals who may or may not marry someone of the same sex and homosexuals who say they will marry someone of the same sex. I am, by automatic default a bigot should I say I want to preserve it the way it is. I should also be shunned and ridiculed and portrayed as evil. And the other person is enlightened and all inclusive and the acceptable member of society. Where have you been? Living under a rock.

This is the atypical dialog. You can site all the sources you want. But in the end your just a bigot for not supporting gay marriage. There is no point in trying to have dialog it will always degenerate into the bigot card. Why? because you can't prove you are not a bigot and support traditional marriage at the same time. It is not possible to prove you are not a bigot. That is why people who support gay marriage always without exception play the bigot card. Once they play it, the dialog ends and the gay marriage supporter claims victory.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 8:57:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 8:36:48 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:54:33 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:50:05 PM, sadolite wrote:

Oh you mean like a debate about gay marriage. There is nothing to debate, you are either for it or you are a bigot. End of discussion. I turn these down all the time. It's a complete waste of ones thought process and time.

Teach us your ways, oh wise and noble one!

Here's how it works. I am for preserving the institution of marriage as being between a man and woman. Another person says they are for changing it to include bisexuals who may or may not marry someone of the same sex and homosexuals who say they will marry someone of the same sex. I am, by automatic default a bigot should I say I want to preserve it the way it is. I should also be shunned and ridiculed and portrayed as evil. And the other person is enlightened and all inclusive and the acceptable member of society. Where have you been? Living under a rock.

This is the atypical dialog. You can site all the sources you want. But in the end your just a bigot for not supporting gay marriage. There is no point in trying to have dialog it will always degenerate into the bigot card. Why? because you can't prove you are not a bigot and support traditional marriage at the same time. It is not possible to prove you are not a bigot. That is why people who support gay marriage always without exception play the bigot card. Once they play it, the dialog ends and the gay marriage supporter claims victory.

For what feels like the 19th time sadolite, defending marriage doesnt make you a bigot, what makes you a bigot is if you defend marriage by using stereotypes and personal beliefs instead of logic or reason.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 9:16:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 8:57:42 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/14/2012 8:36:48 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:54:33 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:50:05 PM, sadolite wrote:

Oh you mean like a debate about gay marriage. There is nothing to debate, you are either for it or you are a bigot. End of discussion. I turn these down all the time. It's a complete waste of ones thought process and time.

Teach us your ways, oh wise and noble one!

Here's how it works. I am for preserving the institution of marriage as being between a man and woman. Another person says they are for changing it to include bisexuals who may or may not marry someone of the same sex and homosexuals who say they will marry someone of the same sex. I am, by automatic default a bigot should I say I want to preserve it the way it is. I should also be shunned and ridiculed and portrayed as evil. And the other person is enlightened and all inclusive and the acceptable member of society. Where have you been? Living under a rock.

This is the atypical dialog. You can site all the sources you want. But in the end your just a bigot for not supporting gay marriage. There is no point in trying to have dialog it will always degenerate into the bigot card. Why? because you can't prove you are not a bigot and support traditional marriage at the same time. It is not possible to prove you are not a bigot. That is why people who support gay marriage always without exception play the bigot card. Once they play it, the dialog ends and the gay marriage supporter claims victory.

For what feels like the 19th time sadolite, defending marriage doesnt make you a bigot, what makes you a bigot is if you defend marriage by using stereotypes and personal beliefs instead of logic or reason.

Oh I see, I can't use "personal belifes" but the homosexual can? I hear it all the time, They have a "feeling" they can't help. That sounds alot like a "personal belief" problem to me. But alas I am still a bigot. I made it worse by showing hypocrisy
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 9:25:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/14/2012 9:16:10 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 8:57:42 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/14/2012 8:36:48 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:54:33 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/14/2012 4:50:05 PM, sadolite wrote:

Oh you mean like a debate about gay marriage. There is nothing to debate, you are either for it or you are a bigot. End of discussion. I turn these down all the time. It's a complete waste of ones thought process and time.

Teach us your ways, oh wise and noble one!

Here's how it works. I am for preserving the institution of marriage as being between a man and woman. Another person says they are for changing it to include bisexuals who may or may not marry someone of the same sex and homosexuals who say they will marry someone of the same sex. I am, by automatic default a bigot should I say I want to preserve it the way it is. I should also be shunned and ridiculed and portrayed as evil. And the other person is enlightened and all inclusive and the acceptable member of society. Where have you been? Living under a rock.

This is the atypical dialog. You can site all the sources you want. But in the end your just a bigot for not supporting gay marriage. There is no point in trying to have dialog it will always degenerate into the bigot card. Why? because you can't prove you are not a bigot and support traditional marriage at the same time. It is not possible to prove you are not a bigot. That is why people who support gay marriage always without exception play the bigot card. Once they play it, the dialog ends and the gay marriage supporter claims victory.

For what feels like the 19th time sadolite, defending marriage doesnt make you a bigot, what makes you a bigot is if you defend marriage by using stereotypes and personal beliefs instead of logic or reason.

Oh I see, I can't use "personal belifes" but the homosexual can? I hear it all the time, They have a "feeling" they can't help. That sounds alot like a "personal belief" problem to me. But alas I am still a bigot. I made it worse by showing hypocrisy

Yes, they can, because you are restricting their freedom. Your opinion with regards to the freedom of others is meaningless.