Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

A Bug?

Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 5:57:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
For the Opinions section, on this link.

I remember Microsuck first posting that $2.6 billion was what NASA cost. When he posted again about me and Imabench missing the point, the 1st post disappeared. Is that supposed to be normal (asin 1 person can only have 1 post in the debate) or is this a bug?

http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 5:58:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yes it's normal
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 6:02:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/16/2012 5:58:50 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Yes it's normal

Your serious? That's lame. Why can't contributing members post more than once?
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 6:05:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/16/2012 6:02:52 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 9/16/2012 5:58:50 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Yes it's normal

Your serious? That's lame. Why can't contributing members post more than once?

Yea, I agree. I think we should have the option of adding posts.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 6:08:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/16/2012 6:02:52 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 9/16/2012 5:58:50 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Yes it's normal

Your serious? That's lame. Why can't contributing members post more than once?

because then morons would just vote like 90 times for the same side and corrupt the whole system!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 6:10:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/16/2012 6:08:24 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/16/2012 6:02:52 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 9/16/2012 5:58:50 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Yes it's normal

Your serious? That's lame. Why can't contributing members post more than once?

because then morons would just vote like 90 times for the same side and corrupt the whole system!

Agreed. It's not an area for debating, that's what the rest of DDO is for.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
#7
Add Post
Forum Moderator
 
9/16/2012 6:37:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Good afternoon DDO'ers,

Thanks for the feedback. We believe adding the option to leave comments on each post will alleviate this issue. This will allow users to provide feedback to each other without losing their initial post.

Thanks,
Suzanne
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 6:53:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/16/2012 6:08:24 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/16/2012 6:02:52 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 9/16/2012 5:58:50 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Yes it's normal

Your serious? That's lame. Why can't contributing members post more than once?

because then morons would just vote like 90 times for the same side and corrupt the whole system!

I disagree. There should be a limit and there should be a requirement to vote but contributing members arguing is good.
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 6:53:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/16/2012 6:37:28 PM, Forum Moderator wrote:
Good afternoon DDO'ers,

Thanks for the feedback. We believe adding the option to leave comments on each post will alleviate this issue. This will allow users to provide feedback to each other without losing their initial post.

Thanks,
Suzanne

Commenting on other's posts? I like that idea.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 6:54:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/16/2012 6:02:52 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 9/16/2012 5:58:50 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Yes it's normal

Your serious? That's lame. Why can't contributing members post more than once?

Messes up the polling.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 7:02:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
By the way, would Juggle consider a proposition of a "Report" button for arguments to ensure the intellectual honesty of the debate?
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 8:01:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/16/2012 7:02:51 PM, Viper-King wrote:
By the way, would Juggle consider a proposition of a "Report" button for arguments to ensure the intellectual honesty of the debate?

They already have that. You can report a argument, or you can even report the entire debate.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 10:40:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/16/2012 6:02:52 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 9/16/2012 5:58:50 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Yes it's normal

Your serious? That's lame. Why can't contributing members post more than once?

Because then it basically turns into a regular forum and then what's the fvcking point.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 12:32:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/16/2012 8:01:48 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 9/16/2012 7:02:51 PM, Viper-King wrote:
By the way, would Juggle consider a proposition of a "Report" button for arguments to ensure the intellectual honesty of the debate?

They already have that. You can report a argument, or you can even report the entire debate.

No you can't. I'm talking about Quick Debates, dude. Think before you speak.
SObszanski
Posts: 102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 4:07:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/16/2012 5:57:14 PM, Viper-King wrote:
For the Opinions section, on this link.

I remember Microsuck first posting that $2.6 billion was what NASA cost. When he posted again about me and Imabench missing the point, the 1st post disappeared. Is that supposed to be normal (asin 1 person can only have 1 post in the debate) or is this a bug?

http://www.debate.org...

As mentioned above, this is not a bug, rather the initial functionality of the release. We already have it marked as a feature to update so that you will have the capability to post more than one response/opinion, as well as coach and comment on individual responses.

Thanks,
Suzanne