Username Survey

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 9:43:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey guys,
Please complete this survey for username changes: http://www.surveymonkey.com...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 10:12:45 AM
I hate surveys where you can't see the results.

Also, on the username question. I mean, other web 2.0 sites don't allow you to change usernames simply because it's confusing and chaotic, and if your username becomes a serious/extreme problem you could always contact juggle or make a new account. I feel like we're really losing credibility suggesting so many small and unnecessary ideas that not even everyone agrees with, instead of focusing on the big ideas like team debates, and reestablishing the side panel, that would actually make the quality of the site better.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 10:19:23 AM
No, no and not sure.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 3:45:43 PM
I dont want people to change their names!!! Noway then i would get all mixed up on whos who. I really dont want to mess with WTF who is joggingman? oh that used to be Microsuck.... oh crap and then that happen like 50 different people or ya more, not to mention if they can change their name more then once...
8P
Oh that was nice to get off my back thanks :)
Me
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 4:31:10 PM
It's a bad idea to create an option to change your username because people would change it as often as their avatars.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 4:32:46 PM
Btw, I don't know what the point of insisting on using a secret voting system for these sort of things is. It's hackable. I could easily vote 40 times right now. But I'm not going to this time.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 4:42:45 PM
No. Only if it is for important purposes. For example, if a member with a username like "Xjei98130" becomes moderator, it would be much more practical if the username were changed to "Xjei" or something easier to recognize and understand.

For common purposes, never. Keep it simple.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 4:46:35 PM
At 9/17/2012 4:42:45 PM, Mirza wrote:
No. Only if it is for important purposes. For example, if a member with a username like "Xjei98130" becomes moderator, it would be much more practical if the username were changed to "Xjei" or something easier to recognize and understand.

No. Wallstreet's conversion to Islam would be so much funnier were he able to change his name to Wallstreetfundamentalist. Alas!
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 4:46:52 PM
At 9/17/2012 4:31:10 PM, FREEDO wrote:
It's a bad idea to create an option to change your username because people would change it as often as their avatars.

I just thought of that. Damn, this site would become confusing. Maybe there should be a limit on how many changes you can have? Like once a year or something?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 4:47:18 PM
At 9/17/2012 4:42:45 PM, Mirza wrote:

Right. It should be left open for special circumstances, as it is now.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 4:55:10 PM
Most of the changes are good except for the fact it is harder to see the open challanges now.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 5:26:06 PM
At 9/17/2012 4:46:35 PM, MouthWash wrote:
No. Wallstreet's conversion to Islam would be so much funnier were he able to change his name to Wallstreetfundamentalist. Alas!
I'd approve of WallstreetTroll only.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 5:27:37 PM
I think the mods should be able to change usernames, or maybe just Juggle. That way, people couldn't do it on a whim, and if they CONSTANTLY were trying to change it, the mods wouldn't allow it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 5:28:50 PM
At 9/17/2012 5:26:06 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/17/2012 4:46:35 PM, MouthWash wrote:
I'd approve of WallstreetTroll only.

True. He didn't convert to Islam, he's just pretending to be a muslim to make a mockery of it.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 5:33:57 PM
At 9/17/2012 4:31:10 PM, FREEDO wrote:

This right here ^
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 9:41:44 PM
No, no, no.

The point of having a consistent user name is to identify who is who. I think people should not change avatars, for the same reason, but I wouldn't prohibit that.
famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 10:11:55 PM
We should have the option to change your username once. JUST ONCE. Just how i think of it.
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 9:48:37 AM
At 9/17/2012 9:41:44 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
No, no, no.

The point of having a consistent user name is to identify who is who. I think people should not change avatars, for the same reason, but I wouldn't prohibit that.

HMMM maybe i shouldn't change my avatar??
Me
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 10:16:30 AM
At 9/17/2012 10:11:55 PM, famer wrote:
We should have the option to change your username once. JUST ONCE. Just how i think of it.

^^^
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 10:32:14 AM
I voted not sure one the first two, but I think I would change them to no after reading this thread. There are some good points about how this would be really confusing. People are attached to their name, and thats how we know who they are. It would be wierd and confusing if that were to change.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227