Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Sieben

phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 10:21:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Thetts post in the other thread reminded me of this.

Why on earth is Sieben still banned? It's been over a year and what got him banned was him trying to get himself banned (therefore not his usual behavior).

He was admittedly a huge dick a lot but still a very intelligent person. I don't know if he'd want to come back but why is his account still closed?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 10:25:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 10:21:59 PM, phantom wrote:
Thetts post in the other thread reminded me of this.

Why on earth is Sieben still banned? It's been over a year and what got him banned was him trying to get himself banned (therefore not his usual behavior).

He was admittedly a huge dick a lot but still a very intelligent person. I don't know if he'd want to come back but why is his account still closed?

On a scale of 1 to Izbo how much of a dick was he?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 10:25:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
unban Sieben! I concur with this. But I doubt he would want to return
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 10:30:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 10:25:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/18/2012 10:21:59 PM, phantom wrote:
Thetts post in the other thread reminded me of this.

Why on earth is Sieben still banned? It's been over a year and what got him banned was him trying to get himself banned (therefore not his usual behavior).

He was admittedly a huge dick a lot but still a very intelligent person. I don't know if he'd want to come back but why is his account still closed?

On a scale of 1 to Izbo how much of a dick was he?

That depends. He was much more intelligent than Izbo therefore could be a much bigger dick than him since he could completely humiliate a person. But he mainly focused it towards idiots, trolls, and intellectually dishonest people unlike izbo. Though admittedly he was often unjustified in his attacks.

I don't know a whole lot actually though.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 10:32:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 10:30:58 PM, phantom wrote:
At 9/18/2012 10:25:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/18/2012 10:21:59 PM, phantom wrote:
Thetts post in the other thread reminded me of this.

Why on earth is Sieben still banned? It's been over a year and what got him banned was him trying to get himself banned (therefore not his usual behavior).

He was admittedly a huge dick a lot but still a very intelligent person. I don't know if he'd want to come back but why is his account still closed?

On a scale of 1 to Izbo how much of a dick was he?

That depends. He was much more intelligent than Izbo therefore could be a much bigger dick than him since he could completely humiliate a person. But he mainly focused it towards idiots, trolls, and intellectually dishonest people unlike izbo. Though admittedly he was often unjustified in his attacks.

I don't know a whole lot actually though.

I only know his name so Im trying to find out who he was.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 10:34:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 10:30:58 PM, phantom wrote:
At 9/18/2012 10:25:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/18/2012 10:21:59 PM, phantom wrote:
Thetts post in the other thread reminded me of this.

Why on earth is Sieben still banned? It's been over a year and what got him banned was him trying to get himself banned (therefore not his usual behavior).

He was admittedly a huge dick a lot but still a very intelligent person. I don't know if he'd want to come back but why is his account still closed?

On a scale of 1 to Izbo how much of a dick was he?

That depends. He was much more intelligent than Izbo therefore could be a much bigger dick than him since he could completely humiliate a person. But he mainly focused it towards idiots, trolls, and intellectually dishonest people unlike izbo. Though admittedly he was often unjustified in his attacks.

I don't know a whole lot actually though.

How did he completely humiliate a person? (I know that, according to Innomen, he was very...useful with the truth in disarming his opponents. Perhaps you--or anyone else--could elaborate on this admittedly vague description of his tactics.)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 10:57:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Back a while ago, we had a lot of problems with trolls and spam accounts, and moderation was practically nonexistent. Juggle basically acted like this site didn't exist (unlike now). So Askbob and Sieben concocted the idea for the most intelligent people on the site to leave in protest. Sieben was banned for making an alternate forum for them to go to and advertising it here. Apparently you're not allowed to do that.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 10:59:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I freaking loved Sieben. He's probably my favorite member who's not here. He was an a$$hole for sure, but I loved how, uh, creative he got with his insults. He got into a bunch of flame wars with people and wasn't afraid to call people's BS. He was also pretty smart.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 4:14:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
As I recall he wasn't banned, he left thinking he was onto something better. If he was banned then the departure was certainly neutral because he gave everybody the "Fvuck you" on the way out and even changed his avatar to match.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 7:50:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 10:59:47 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I freaking loved Sieben. He's probably my favorite member who's not here. He was an a$$hole for sure, but I loved how, uh, creative he got with his insults. He got into a bunch of flame wars with people and wasn't afraid to call people's BS. He was also pretty smart.

Sieben feared me, and now after all that has been done and said,you know why.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 11:15:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/18/2012 10:25:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/18/2012 10:21:59 PM, phantom wrote:
Thetts post in the other thread reminded me of this.

Why on earth is Sieben still banned? It's been over a year and what got him banned was him trying to get himself banned (therefore not his usual behavior).

He was admittedly a huge dick a lot but still a very intelligent person. I don't know if he'd want to come back but why is his account still closed?

On a scale of 1 to Izbo how much of a dick was he?

0.86 Izbo.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 11:28:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 11:15:57 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 9/18/2012 10:25:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/18/2012 10:21:59 PM, phantom wrote:
Thetts post in the other thread reminded me of this.

Why on earth is Sieben still banned? It's been over a year and what got him banned was him trying to get himself banned (therefore not his usual behavior).

He was admittedly a huge dick a lot but still a very intelligent person. I don't know if he'd want to come back but why is his account still closed?

On a scale of 1 to Izbo how much of a dick was he?

0.86 Izbo.

In that case, forget about it. lol.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 11:57:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 11:49:00 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I can tell you that Sieben probably wouldn't return even if he was unbanned. Put it up in the DDO Facebook group, and ask him yourself.

You're probably right but I still think Juggle should reopen his account.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:00:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 11:57:02 AM, phantom wrote:
At 9/19/2012 11:49:00 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I can tell you that Sieben probably wouldn't return even if he was unbanned. Put it up in the DDO Facebook group, and ask him yourself.

You're probably right but I still think Juggle should reopen his account.

Sieben has already stopped here before under another name, and he has been watching at one time or another.................But he does not really want to return here to DDO, because the status quo would never appreciate his antics again.
He was the ultimate an capitalist and rebel.
He spat in the face of authority, and he was remotely feared by them.
He was his own demise, and that was due to his arrogance and unyielding pride.
There will never be another like him ever again................
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:16:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's a perpetual problem with ancaps. They refuse to speak English and are perpetually upset that no one understands them. The ancap exodus moved them to their own site, where, when I looked, they were mainly swapping recipes.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:16:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I <3 Sieben.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:17:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 12:16:01 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
It's a perpetual problem with ancaps. They refuse to speak English and are perpetually upset that no one understands them. The ancap exodus moved them to their own site, where, when I looked, they were mainly swapping recipes.

So it's not that we're wrong, just that you're too stupid to understand us? Good to know.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:18:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 12:17:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/19/2012 12:16:01 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
It's a perpetual problem with ancaps. They refuse to speak English and are perpetually upset that no one understands them. The ancap exodus moved them to their own site, where, when I looked, they were mainly swapping recipes.

So it's not that we're wrong, just that you're too stupid to understand us? Good to know.

Compare it to the postmodern movement. It's a combination of talking past people and using language gratuitously creatively. Simples.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:22:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 12:18:48 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 9/19/2012 12:17:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/19/2012 12:16:01 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
It's a perpetual problem with ancaps. They refuse to speak English and are perpetually upset that no one understands them. The ancap exodus moved them to their own site, where, when I looked, they were mainly swapping recipes.

So it's not that we're wrong, just that you're too stupid to understand us? Good to know.

Compare it to the postmodern movement. It's a combination of talking past people and using language gratuitously creatively. Simples.

>The State is unnecessary and there are voluntaristic ways of carrying out its traditional functions.
>"What the fvck are you talking 'bout oh ma gawd speak Engrish!"
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 1:05:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sieben is a classic example of a member whose purpose on the site seems nothing but to wreck its quality. His personal attacks mostly consisted of low-quality terms like "retard." If one cannot resist attacking, he should at least use a smarter method.

He attempted to victimize any opponent in his discussions, while covering up all his weak spots. If his argument was blasted off, he'd derail the discussion into completely meaningless exchanges of words. That's not funny, it's stupid.

I happened to have been snared by some of his time-wasting discussions, and many debate challenges (including live debate through Skype), he never wanted to accept. Of course, I happened to be the coward and retard.

No need to worship him. Get over yourselves.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 1:06:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 1:05:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Sieben is a classic example of a member whose purpose on the site seems nothing but to wreck its quality. His personal attacks mostly consisted of low-quality terms like "retard." If one cannot resist attacking, he should at least use a smarter method.

He attempted to victimize any opponent in his discussions, while covering up all his weak spots. If his argument was blasted off, he'd derail the discussion into completely meaningless exchanges of words. That's not funny, it's stupid.

I happened to have been snared by some of his time-wasting discussions, and many debate challenges (including live debate through Skype), he never wanted to accept. Of course, I happened to be the coward and retard.

No need to worship him. Get over yourselves.

I agree. I really hate to see what happens to this place if and when Im gone.
I see a statue being raised. =)
baggins
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 3:47:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sieben was aggressive and rude. However he was also opinionated, intelligent and excellent debater with amazing win record.

If Sieben is banned for advertising some alternative to DDO, the ban is stupid. Unless of course Juggle considers the following forum to be a rival to DDO.

http://z13.invisionfree.com...
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 10:23:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Still banned.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 11:03:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 3:47:10 PM, baggins wrote:
Sieben was aggressive and rude. However he was also opinionated, intelligent and excellent debater with amazing win record.

If Sieben is banned for advertising some alternative to DDO, the ban is stupid. Unless of course Juggle considers the following forum to be a rival to DDO.

http://z13.invisionfree.com...

If Sieben was banned for being aggressive and rude, then I think we should all be banned on that basis.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 1:32:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 11:03:14 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/19/2012 3:47:10 PM, baggins wrote:
Sieben was aggressive and rude. However he was also opinionated, intelligent and excellent debater with amazing win record.

If Sieben is banned for advertising some alternative to DDO, the ban is stupid. Unless of course Juggle considers the following forum to be a rival to DDO.

http://z13.invisionfree.com...

If Sieben was banned for being aggressive and rude, then I think we should all be banned on that basis.

If that does happen im probably going to be the first one to get banned, so as long as im not banned and still around most of you are still safe
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 6:32:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 12:22:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/19/2012 12:18:48 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 9/19/2012 12:17:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/19/2012 12:16:01 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
It's a perpetual problem with ancaps. They refuse to speak English and are perpetually upset that no one understands them. The ancap exodus moved them to their own site, where, when I looked, they were mainly swapping recipes.

So it's not that we're wrong, just that you're too stupid to understand us? Good to know.

Compare it to the postmodern movement. It's a combination of talking past people and using language gratuitously creatively. Simples.

>The State is unnecessary and there are voluntaristic ways of carrying out its traditional functions.
>"What the fvck are you talking 'bout oh ma gawd speak Engrish!"

lmao
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 6:36:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/19/2012 1:32:47 AM, imabench wrote:
At 10/18/2012 11:03:14 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/19/2012 3:47:10 PM, baggins wrote:
Sieben was aggressive and rude. However he was also opinionated, intelligent and excellent debater with amazing win record.

If Sieben is banned for advertising some alternative to DDO, the ban is stupid. Unless of course Juggle considers the following forum to be a rival to DDO.

http://z13.invisionfree.com...

If Sieben was banned for being aggressive and rude, then I think we should all be banned on that basis.

If that does happen im probably going to be the first one to get banned, so as long as im not banned and still around most of you are still safe

There needs to be a chart that explains what types and levels of dickitude are acceptable. Imabench will be the cutoff point.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2012 8:49:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 1:06:27 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/19/2012 1:05:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
No need to worship him. Get over yourselves.

I agree. I really hate to see what happens to this place if and when Im gone.
I see a statue being raised. =)

All Hail Inferno!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.