Jump to topic:

Censorship on DDO

1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 9:48:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Recently, Wallstreeatheist created a thread called, "Religious dumbfvcks thread" Where people posts religious people who are idiots there.

Today I noticed it was gone and the page http://www.debate.org...
gets an error.

Is censorship becoming a part of DDO?
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:04:28 AM
I could get in trouble just posting here, I am taking a big risk. But I have something to tell me. Airmax, nate from juggle, and Ore_Ele are running the <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> and then <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED>
kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:05:34 AM
The the <CENSORED>?

Oh <CENSORED>. They have caught <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED> <CENSORED>

<This account is now subject for removal>
kfc
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:08:55 AM
At 9/19/2012 9:48:42 AM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Recently, Wallstreeatheist created a thread called, "Religious dumbfvcks thread" Where people posts religious people who are idiots there.

gets an error.

I hope not.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:48:23 AM

gets an error.

if somebody creates threads just to piss off people then its probably going to be deleted since it is more likely to spark a flame war.... And seeing as how the Weekly Stupid still is allowed to air, only the most incendiary of threads are even at risk of being deleted.

Also it might have been because of something said in the thread and not the thread itself
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:57:07 AM
At 9/19/2012 10:48:23 AM, imabench wrote:

gets an error.

if somebody creates threads just to piss off people then its probably going to be deleted since it is more likely to spark a flame war.... And seeing as how the Weekly Stupid still is allowed to air, only the most incendiary of threads are even at risk of being deleted.

Also it might have been because of something said in the thread and not the thread itself

It's still censorship...
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 11:02:23 AM
At 9/19/2012 10:57:07 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

gets an error.

It's still censorship...

DDO has a rich history of censorship.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 11:36:19 AM
DDO has always been moderated. The moderating has slacked off in recent months, so that many forum threads are full of personal insults.

Joining the site is voluntary, and each member agrees to obey a set rules that includes civil behavior. Civil behavior is part of debate because it helps focus on the facts and arguments rather on the antics of the participants. Abusive behavior scares off people who want to be civil, and encourages immature types who want to rant. I know of good people who left the site because they didn't want to cope with the abuse.

The ultimate payoff for unlimited bad behavior is that the site loses it's distinction from facebook and the rest of the web, where unchecked ranting prevails. No need to go to a debate site when trading abuse is readily available elsewhere. It will also get the site banned from high schools, where it is of use to debaters.

Juggle doesn't seem to be interested in the debate aspect of the site, killing the leaderboord, making challenges nearly impossible to identify, and making none of the needed improvements in the debate aspect of the site. It's now all about having more places for unrestrained ranting. It's disappointing.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:28:15 PM
What Roy said.

Quite frankly, if you're just going to use the site to use a thread post to insult another user, it's pointless, a waste of time, and, just like on every other moderated site, the post would be deleted.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 11:33:38 PM
What Roy said.

You have no idea how good we have it here. On most sites, some of ours views on subjects alone would bring the ban hammer on us. The fact that only the most inflammatory and stupid of threads get deleted is telling.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
adontimasu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 5:31:50 AM

gets an error.

It wasn't for angering people, though; from my understanding, it was simply a thread to post religious morons: people even religious people can hate. Fred Phelps, Terry Jones, etc.