Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Racial Slurs On Debate.org *

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:19:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Greetings ladies and gentlemen. Now I normally dont mind people using
profane language or any other kinds of street vulgarity, especially on
a social online forum such as this. But at what point do we draw the line.
Never offended by anyones use of those words, but seen quite often.
The N Word, and other racial slurs concerning Indians, Jews, Asians, Arabs (Muslims) and Hispanics.
So I wanna know how do you feel about other users using racial slurs on DDO.
Do you think it should be stopped or what. =)
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 10:32:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 10:21:28 AM, Koopin wrote:
Whity Tighties.

That is very tame compared to some of the things that are said here.
But when we have discussions about race and political issues, sometimes
we are interrupted by Nazi faschists here at DDO.
And sometimes they use racial and religious slurs even in unecessary
terms and in excess.
What do you think.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 11:42:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Of course it should be stopped. Slurs and insults of all kinds are a substitute for thinking. I know that there is a percentage of the membership who would abandon the site if forced to rely on facts and logic, but we would gain many more members who like actual debate.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 11:52:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 11:42:28 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Of course it should be stopped. Slurs and insults of all kinds are a substitute for thinking. I know that there is a percentage of the membership who would abandon the site if forced to rely on facts and logic, but we would gain many more members who like actual debate.

But Juggle has never enforced this rule of engagement. Of course we let it slide most of the time because we know that the recipients do not know any better.
However, some users here have left because of the racial and other religious
bigotry seen here on this forum daily.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:06:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Having employees act as moderators is too expensive. I think that the only viable solution is to appoint members to moderate the forums.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:29:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 12:06:41 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Having employees act as moderators is too expensive. I think that the only viable solution is to appoint members to moderate the forums.

Or hold other users accountable and let them know about the ignorance
in which they spew.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:33:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dickbag
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 2:43:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 2:26:45 PM, kingcripple wrote:
Racial slurs, as bad as they are, don't really bother me. Not should they, you. Sticks and stones, right?

I never said that I was bothered by those words. Another infidelic dictator.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 6:21:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 2:26:45 PM, kingcripple wrote:
Racial slurs, as bad as they are, don't really bother me. Not should they, you. Sticks and stones, right?

Actually no, name-calling hurts more than getting beaten up. Verbal abuse has lasting psychological effects than physical abuse and it does actually hurt.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 6:24:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 6:21:03 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/19/2012 2:26:45 PM, kingcripple wrote:
Racial slurs, as bad as they are, don't really bother me. Not should they, you. Sticks and stones, right?

Actually no, name-calling hurts more than getting beaten up. Verbal abuse has lasting psychological effects than physical abuse and it does actually hurt.

This. I was bullied all through school.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 6:29:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 6:24:17 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/19/2012 6:21:03 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/19/2012 2:26:45 PM, kingcripple wrote:
Racial slurs, as bad as they are, don't really bother me. Not should they, you. Sticks and stones, right?

Actually no, name-calling hurts more than getting beaten up. Verbal abuse has lasting psychological effects than physical abuse and it does actually hurt.

This. I was bullied all through school.

What?! You seem very opinianited and will stand by the positions you really believing. I'm guessing your very confident and sure of your power now right?
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 6:30:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 6:29:26 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/19/2012 6:24:17 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/19/2012 6:21:03 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/19/2012 2:26:45 PM, kingcripple wrote:
Racial slurs, as bad as they are, don't really bother me. Not should they, you. Sticks and stones, right?

Actually no, name-calling hurts more than getting beaten up. Verbal abuse has lasting psychological effects than physical abuse and it does actually hurt.

This. I was bullied all through school.

What?! You seem very opinianited and will stand by the positions you really believing. I'm guessing your very confident and sure of your power now right?

I only come across that way online. I'm nothing like that in real life and even to this day I'm still emotionally scarred from the bullying.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 6:36:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 6:30:27 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/19/2012 6:29:26 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/19/2012 6:24:17 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/19/2012 6:21:03 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/19/2012 2:26:45 PM, kingcripple wrote:
Racial slurs, as bad as they are, don't really bother me. Not should they, you. Sticks and stones, right?

Actually no, name-calling hurts more than getting beaten up. Verbal abuse has lasting psychological effects than physical abuse and it does actually hurt.

This. I was bullied all through school.

What?! You seem very opinianited and will stand by the positions you really believing. I'm guessing your very confident and sure of your power now right?

I only come across that way online. I'm nothing like that in real life and even to this day I'm still emotionally scarred from the bullying.

So then destroy the people who scarred you if you ever see them face-to-face again. Destroy their entire morale and confidence, and boost your own. The confidence they lose is the confidence you gain.

Always look whoever your challenging straight in the eye, don't ever look down from their eyes. keep looking them in the eye, when they look down it means they've been intimidated.

Some of the most powerful fighters in MMA and Boxing were once bullied. Some of them said that if they ever say one thing to them, that they would slit their throat. Become aggressive.

Now you may disagree with whatever I said, but I think one thing is always true. Its better to be aggressive than to be weak. Fact of life.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 6:43:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 6:36:09 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

So then destroy the people who scarred you if you ever see them face-to-face again. Destroy their entire morale and confidence, and boost your own. The confidence they lose is the confidence you gain.

Always look whoever your challenging straight in the eye, don't ever look down from their eyes. keep looking them in the eye, when they look down it means they've been intimidated.

Some of the most powerful fighters in MMA and Boxing were once bullied. Some of them said that if they ever say one thing to them, that they would slit their throat. Become aggressive.

Now you may disagree with whatever I said, but I think one thing is always true. Its better to be aggressive than to be weak. Fact of life.

I'm less than 5 feet tall. I doubt I can make much of an impact on these people. Besides, I don't even live in that town anymore.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 6:56:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 6:43:58 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/19/2012 6:36:09 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

So then destroy the people who scarred you if you ever see them face-to-face again. Destroy their entire morale and confidence, and boost your own. The confidence they lose is the confidence you gain.

Always look whoever your challenging straight in the eye, don't ever look down from their eyes. keep looking them in the eye, when they look down it means they've been intimidated.

Some of the most powerful fighters in MMA and Boxing were once bullied. Some of them said that if they ever say one thing to them, that they would slit their throat. Become aggressive.

Now you may disagree with whatever I said, but I think one thing is always true. Its better to be aggressive than to be weak. Fact of life.

I'm less than 5 feet tall. I doubt I can make much of an impact on these people. Besides, I don't even live in that town anymore.

It doesn't matter how tall you are, fear and intimidation doesn't rely on your physical strature it relies on how confident you are and your heart. Some of the best fighters had short arm reaches and were short people.

What about in the future? How are you going to make sure that no one ever says something you don't like? How are you immediately going to put them in their place and realize that your willing to fight them to the death before they smear your honour and dignity?

I'm telling you, you either have to become really confident in yourself or get a friend that really cares about you and will fight to the death for you. Whenever someone calls you a name, cause a huge problem over it, cause such a huge problem that its like a fire happened in a building.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 6:59:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 6:56:59 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/19/2012 6:43:58 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/19/2012 6:36:09 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

So then destroy the people who scarred you if you ever see them face-to-face again. Destroy their entire morale and confidence, and boost your own. The confidence they lose is the confidence you gain.

Always look whoever your challenging straight in the eye, don't ever look down from their eyes. keep looking them in the eye, when they look down it means they've been intimidated.

Some of the most powerful fighters in MMA and Boxing were once bullied. Some of them said that if they ever say one thing to them, that they would slit their throat. Become aggressive.

Now you may disagree with whatever I said, but I think one thing is always true. Its better to be aggressive than to be weak. Fact of life.

I'm less than 5 feet tall. I doubt I can make much of an impact on these people. Besides, I don't even live in that town anymore.

It doesn't matter how tall you are, fear and intimidation doesn't rely on your physical strature it relies on how confident you are and your heart. Some of the best fighters had short arm reaches and were short people.

What about in the future? How are you going to make sure that no one ever says something you don't like? How are you immediately going to put them in their place and realize that your willing to fight them to the death before they smear your honour and dignity?

I'm telling you, you either have to become really confident in yourself or get a friend that really cares about you and will fight to the death for you. Whenever someone calls you a name, cause a huge problem over it, cause such a huge problem that its like a fire happened in a building.

Having a friend who actually cares about me? Easier said than done. I just always get stabbed in the back too and really the only people I currently trust are a couple internet friends who live in America.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 7:04:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 6:59:05 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/19/2012 6:56:59 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/19/2012 6:43:58 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/19/2012 6:36:09 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

So then destroy the people who scarred you if you ever see them face-to-face again. Destroy their entire morale and confidence, and boost your own. The confidence they lose is the confidence you gain.

Always look whoever your challenging straight in the eye, don't ever look down from their eyes. keep looking them in the eye, when they look down it means they've been intimidated.

Some of the most powerful fighters in MMA and Boxing were once bullied. Some of them said that if they ever say one thing to them, that they would slit their throat. Become aggressive.

Now you may disagree with whatever I said, but I think one thing is always true. Its better to be aggressive than to be weak. Fact of life.

I'm less than 5 feet tall. I doubt I can make much of an impact on these people. Besides, I don't even live in that town anymore.

It doesn't matter how tall you are, fear and intimidation doesn't rely on your physical strature it relies on how confident you are and your heart. Some of the best fighters had short arm reaches and were short people.

What about in the future? How are you going to make sure that no one ever says something you don't like? How are you immediately going to put them in their place and realize that your willing to fight them to the death before they smear your honour and dignity?

I'm telling you, you either have to become really confident in yourself or get a friend that really cares about you and will fight to the death for you. Whenever someone calls you a name, cause a huge problem over it, cause such a huge problem that its like a fire happened in a building.

Having a friend who actually cares about me? Easier said than done. I just always get stabbed in the back too and really the only people I currently trust are a couple internet friends who live in America.

At least become assertive, it really goes a long way. Most people are cowards, and will back down if you assert yourself with confidence. However, there are some bullies that aren't phazed too much by assertiveness, you have to have a fist fight with them as almost no one will bother you after a fist fight. There are some after that who will still come after you, these are the extremists who will fight to the death. Call the police for them, or if your feeling really brave duke it out to the death.

I'm assuming these are females that you would fight, not males as I don't think males would make fun of women that much? If they did than I guess you gotta fight them too!
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 7:25:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
kfc (because Koopin forgot)
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 8:39:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 8:24:37 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/19/2012 7:25:25 PM, Chicken wrote:
kfc (because Koopin forgot)

popeyes.

say popeyes one more mother f*cking time and Ill bump one of your quotes up 5 spots in the Weekly Stupid.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 9:55:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 8:39:07 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/19/2012 8:24:37 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/19/2012 7:25:25 PM, Chicken wrote:
kfc (because Koopin forgot)

popeyes.

say popeyes one more mother f*cking time and Ill bump one of your quotes up 5 spots in the Weekly Stupid.

popeyes
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 9:59:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/19/2012 9:55:24 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 9/19/2012 8:39:07 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/19/2012 8:24:37 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/19/2012 7:25:25 PM, Chicken wrote:
kfc (because Koopin forgot)

popeyes.

say popeyes one more mother f*cking time and Ill bump one of your quotes up 5 spots in the Weekly Stupid.

popeyes