My idea for Juggle

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 3:49:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay, now that they're paying more attention to the site, here's my idea:

We have a challenge to debate button where we can enter the email address of anyone including outside the site. They would get a challenge email with a message saying something like Innomen has challenged you to a debate on such and such, or have the resolution in there. To accept the challenge click here. Then they're brought to a page where they can create a log in and accept the challenge.

This would bring in new members, and they might be of quality too. It would be a constructive way to actually resolve differences and introduce people to debate.

It'll probably go no where, but I still thought I'd put it out there.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 3:56:50 PM
I like.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 4:03:34 PM
At 9/21/2012 3:49:44 PM, innomen wrote:

We have a challenge to debate button where we can enter the email address of anyone including outside the site. They would get a challenge email with a message saying something like Innomen has challenged you to a debate on such and such, or have the resolution in there. To accept the challenge click here. Then they're brought to a page where they can create a log in and accept the challenge.

This would bring in new members, and they might be of quality too. It would be a constructive way to actually resolve differences and introduce people to debate.

That's gangster. I like it.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 4:06:46 PM
At 9/21/2012 4:06:01 PM, Koopin wrote:
Kwow Fgood Cidea

Sneaky....
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 4:09:21 PM
Hmm, that actually wouldn't take an insane amount of coding. Relatively simple, actually. One of the more pragmatic suggestions I've heard.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 4:12:59 PM
At 9/21/2012 3:49:44 PM, innomen wrote:

Awesome idea. I could use that to get some of the people from the chess.com debate section over here
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 4:14:17 PM
At 9/21/2012 4:06:01 PM, Koopin wrote:
Kwow Fgood Cidea

Inception.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 7:11:46 PM
At 9/21/2012 6:52:57 PM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
At 9/21/2012 4:27:17 PM, TUF wrote:
I like it!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 3:49:32 PM
At 9/21/2012 4:00:11 PM, innomen wrote:
At 9/21/2012 3:58:02 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I like this idea! I have people in mind.

Me too, brilliant right?

Yes, very good thinking!
TheAsylum
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 12:52:02 PM
This might be a good way for Juggle to begin enhancing the debate-aspect of this site. :)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau