Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Bye!

DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 12:23:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 12:23:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 12:15:48 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I am offically out of here!Bye!

What about our debate? =(
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 12:32:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You will be sorely missed.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 12:43:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 12:38:51 PM, Koopin wrote:
KFc
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 1:06:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why don't people just leave instad of making a thread about it?
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 2:20:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 2:15:51 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 1:06:52 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
Why don't people just leave instad of making a thread about it?

^This

I would say it depends on the person. Not all goodbye threads are the same. For instance, I was glad TUF made a goodbye thread. If people are mad at the site and want to leave, good riddiance, and if they made no friends, then no one will miss them. But TUF's case is different since he was leaving to go for training.

Each goodbye thread is different. Some are appreciated, some are not.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 9:23:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
People make a goodbye thread, because they want to feel loved.

I've derided goodbye threads before, because they became yardsticks for regular users who have no intention of leaving, which to me was amusing, but not necessarily detestable or reason for real hatred.

However, the people that do it, then close/abandon their accounts and make new ones... those people, I think, are who feel unloved, and want to gauge the validity of their perspective.

As far as Scotty is concerned, I don't blame him. Although his arguments aren't always groundbreaking, most arguments aren't groundbreaking, and I see no reason to emotionally abuse someone because their views contradict your own.

Granted, he can come off as hostile ("you're against the general Christian perspective? you're going to hell!!"), but no more so than people tend to be toward him. What I find especially curious, is how tolerant people are of others how seem to be more senselessly abusive, such as how MIG has been toward Ike, or how Ike has been toward everyone who disagrees with him, or how Whatsthatfoolsface has been toward INH, or how people have been toward Royal in the past. The latter two are the most nebulous to me. They're young women in their late teens (well, INH is like 20 or 21 now, I think) -- imagining that happening in public just seems so disgusting, ridiculing a young woman for almost no reason.

Whatever.

Peace out, Scotty, but you weren't a bad guy to me.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 9:25:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 9:30:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ren, I don't know who you were referring to regarding RoyalPaladin but I assure you that she invites most of the remarks against her. In mafia games, she goes so far as to insult her opponents and attack their character which in general give like responses. Also, she does an absolutely wonderful job of portraying herself as "poor Royal," the victim of bullying when in reality, the bullying is done by her.

As for the goodbye threads, the people who are actaully leaving will be missed. The ones who come back hours later with same or different accounts usually make a joke of themselves and simply create a bit of drama.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 9:32:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mattdescopa is gone, now Scotty is "leaving". Its going to be a rough 2 weeks for the weekly stupid....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 9:34:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 9:23:34 PM, Ren wrote:
Ike has been toward everyone who disagrees with him

oh come on, not recently.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 9:47:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 9:32:53 PM, imabench wrote:
Mattdescopa is gone, now Scotty is "leaving". Its going to be a rough 2 weeks for the weekly stupid....

I'll try to help out.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 3:27:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 9:23:34 PM, Ren wrote:
People make a goodbye thread, because they want to feel loved.

I've derided goodbye threads before, because they became yardsticks for regular users who have no intention of leaving, which to me was amusing, but not necessarily detestable or reason for real hatred.

However, the people that do it, then close/abandon their accounts and make new ones... those people, I think, are who feel unloved, and want to gauge the validity of their perspective.

As far as Scotty is concerned, I don't blame him. Although his arguments aren't always groundbreaking, most arguments aren't groundbreaking, and I see no reason to emotionally abuse someone because their views contradict your own.

Granted, he can come off as hostile ("you're against the general Christian perspective? you're going to hell!!"), but no more so than people tend to be toward him. What I find especially curious, is how tolerant people are of others how seem to be more senselessly abusive, such as how MIG has been toward Ike, or how Ike has been toward everyone who disagrees with him, or how Whatsthatfoolsface has been toward INH, or how people have been toward Royal in the past. The latter two are the most nebulous to me. They're young women in their late teens (well, INH is like 20 or 21 now, I think) -- imagining that happening in public just seems so disgusting, ridiculing a young woman for almost no reason.

Whatever.

Peace out, Scotty, but you weren't a bad guy to me.

Thanks Ren, always a class act!
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 3:28:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 12:23:14 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 9/25/2012 12:15:48 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I am offically out of here!Bye!

What about our debate? =(

I will finish it off. No worries!
TheAsylum
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 5:07:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 12:32:53 PM, phantom wrote:
You will be sorely missed.:

Said no one, ever.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 5:18:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/28/2012 5:07:32 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 9/25/2012 12:32:53 PM, phantom wrote:
You will be sorely missed.:

Said no one, ever.

Thanks, nicest thing I ever seen you say! =)
TheAsylum
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 5:25:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Woot! The attention whore is back!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 5:46:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/28/2012 5:25:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Woot! The attention whore is back!
Thanks, Short lived tho =( got one debate left! I seem to see others creating threads under my name, surely I control all that! I am all powerful like that. I mind control them into doing that.
TheAsylum
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 6:03:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Go back to create debate please. They're more on your level of intelligence over there.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 6:08:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/28/2012 6:03:33 PM, phantom wrote:
Go back to create debate please. They're more on your level of intelligence over.

Aw... You love me! =) I am always on your mind. How sweet! Oh...BTW...Your level is not as high as you think it is, dear Sir.
TheAsylum
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 6:31:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 9:25:00 PM, Lordknukle wrote:


I'm sorry, but THAT is funny.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 11:51:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 12:15:48 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Bye!

Hello. Welcome back. You're like heartburn; you just can't get rid of it even if it leaves for a day.