Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

What are your thoughts on DDO's moderation?

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 10:56:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'll show you guys the results for the poll once there is a sufficient number of votes, so probably tomorrow night.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 10:59:55 PM
Since comments are set to private, I will post here. I like the moderation on the site. The way Airmax and the others do it on a case by case basis makes a lot of sense and in general, there has never really been an unfair banning. The only concern I used to have before was that the moderators would let obvious trolls spam the forums for too long before banning them - a day or two. But it has become a lot better now and most trolls are banned the same day. I don't know if same day banning is a lot to expect from someone who is doing it voluntarily off of their own time but as we saw in a recent thread, allowing trolls to harrass others even for a few hours can be damaging to the victim. Other than quicker responses, I think the moderation is perfect and the mods are doing a great job. They put a lot of thought and deliberation into it and it is really cool that they can take time out of their day to do a service to the website.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 11:05:21 PM
I like the balance we got. I can enjoy a troll thread in one moment and a nice discussion on the government's role in education the next. Its a good balance. I do think that the mods could be a little more strict with the harmful trolls, but I don't think they are a big deal.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 11:13:19 PM
I would personally leave the site if moderation became just a few degrees stricter. The method of moderation is great. Few forums get to elect their moderators. When it comes to the actual rules to be enforced, I would be in favor of them being a little more relaxed than they are.
THE CHOSEN ONE

Also Grand Poobah of DDO
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 6:05:51 AM
At 9/25/2012 11:13:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I would personally leave the site if moderation became just a few degrees stricter. The method of moderation is great. Few forums get to elect their moderators. When it comes to the actual rules to be enforced, I would be in favor of them being a little more relaxed than they are.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 6:14:30 AM

If you make a rule lax then it becomes a pointless rule. Having a no-swearing rule then only banning people who swear all the time makes the rule "no excessive swearing".