Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

What are your thoughts on DDO's moderation?

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 10:56:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'll show you guys the results for the poll once there is a sufficient number of votes, so probably tomorrow night.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 10:59:55 PM
Since comments are set to private, I will post here. I like the moderation on the site. The way Airmax and the others do it on a case by case basis makes a lot of sense and in general, there has never really been an unfair banning. The only concern I used to have before was that the moderators would let obvious trolls spam the forums for too long before banning them - a day or two. But it has become a lot better now and most trolls are banned the same day. I don't know if same day banning is a lot to expect from someone who is doing it voluntarily off of their own time but as we saw in a recent thread, allowing trolls to harrass others even for a few hours can be damaging to the victim. Other than quicker responses, I think the moderation is perfect and the mods are doing a great job. They put a lot of thought and deliberation into it and it is really cool that they can take time out of their day to do a service to the website.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 11:05:21 PM
I like the balance we got. I can enjoy a troll thread in one moment and a nice discussion on the government's role in education the next. Its a good balance. I do think that the mods could be a little more strict with the harmful trolls, but I don't think they are a big deal.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 11:13:19 PM
I would personally leave the site if moderation became just a few degrees stricter. The method of moderation is great. Few forums get to elect their moderators. When it comes to the actual rules to be enforced, I would be in favor of them being a little more relaxed than they are.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 6:05:51 AM
At 9/25/2012 11:13:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I would personally leave the site if moderation became just a few degrees stricter. The method of moderation is great. Few forums get to elect their moderators. When it comes to the actual rules to be enforced, I would be in favor of them being a little more relaxed than they are.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 6:14:30 AM

If you make a rule lax then it becomes a pointless rule. Having a no-swearing rule then only banning people who swear all the time makes the rule "no excessive swearing".
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush