Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

The Site Quality Has Improved Dramatically.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 5:59:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Enough of your whinyass bullshit.

The quality of DDO has never, at any point, been higher than it is now.

Now, quality is definitely a relative matter. But I contend that, by any reasonable measure, DDO has definitely improved. There's a number of ways to point this out.

Firstly, believe it or not, this site used to be far more overrun with trolls than it is now. I don't just mean people who can be devious or just plain dumb. Those kind of people can actually be entertaining. I'm talking about serious trolls intent on irritating us to death. Need I remind anyone of Brainmaster? The guy who made thread, after thread, after thread, after pointless thread. *cringes* Need I remind you of askbob? The guy who, a white knight in his own mind, spat out constant harassment?

Secondly, there's the important issue of the diversity of our members. It seems to me that there's this sort of xenophobic and conservative site-oriented mindset here that has no correlation with the person's actual political views, where they are intent on DDO always staying the same and familiar. But they fail to appreciate the load of good that the new influx of members has done for this site. In the past, the majority of intellectual discussion here was been heavily lopsided towards Libertarians. Even as a Libertarian, I disliked this. Since the increase in our active user count, I have never seen more diversity in our discussion. The levels of libertarians, liberals, moderates, etc have become remarkably balanced. And DDO is going to keep growing. You better get used to it.

Thirdly, and most obviously, are the changes introduced by Juggle. Since Juggle bought the site, we have gained:
Electing our own head moderator.
Writing RFDs for our votes.
Dozens upon dozens of new countries allowed access.
New, user suggested, big issues.
New, user suggested, additions to religious and political view options.
New, user suggested, forums.
An assortment of bug fixes.
And many more things, all without them making a penny off us.

Suggesting that the site has declined simply makes you ignorant, regressive, emotional prick. Please STFU. DDO is awesome. The end.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 6:06:13 PM
At 10/1/2012 6:01:51 PM, Ren wrote:
At 10/1/2012 6:00:46 PM, Ren wrote:
Goddammit.

...for emphasis. xD

Gold star for you.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 7:17:59 PM
Damn you FREEDO....now I'm not gonna leave. >:(
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 7:20:04 PM
You know a thread is going to be awesome when it starts out with

"Enough of your whiny*ss bullsh*t."

Other then that, +1 to everything FREEDO said.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 7:27:24 PM
I love you Freedo :D
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 10:12:24 PM
Some things have improved, bu for whatever reason the overall quality of debates, voting, and even forum posts has declined. The site has moved away from debate and towards social networking.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 10:17:58 PM
At 10/1/2012 10:12:24 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Some things have improved, bu for whatever reason the overall quality of debates, voting, and even forum posts has declined. The site has moved away from debate and towards social networking.

I would say this, it is overall a wash.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 10:51:35 PM
At 10/1/2012 10:17:58 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Although I share your sentiments, 16kadams, I don't necessarily see the decline of the site, though I do agree that the changes are more cosmetic (in a sense).

What would you cite as examples of the decline of "the overall quality of debates, voting, and even forum posts" since these new changes?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 10:54:54 PM
I'd say voting has definitely gone down but everything else has probably gone up. (Since I've been here. Voting sucked @ss in the earlier days from what I can tell.)
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 10:55:11 PM
At 10/1/2012 10:51:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/1/2012 10:17:58 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Although I share your sentiments, 16kadams, I don't necessarily see the decline of the site, though I do agree that the changes are more cosmetic (in a sense).

What would you cite as examples of the decline of "the overall quality of debates, voting, and even forum posts" since these new changes?

I should say, after the recent implementations of these changes.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 3:25:18 AM
At 10/1/2012 5:59:53 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Enough of your whinyass bullshit.

The quality of DDO has never, at any point, been higher than it is now.

Thirdly, and most obviously, are the changes introduced by Juggle. Since Juggle bought the site, we have gained:
Electing our own head moderator.

Suggesting that the site has declined simply makes you ignorant, regressive, emotional prick. Please STFU. DDO is awesome. The end.

We do not elect our moderator's. The mod position and the president are two seperate things.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 1:52:56 PM
At 10/2/2012 3:25:18 AM, jharry wrote:
We do not elect our moderator's. The mod position and the president are two seperate things.

It's defacto.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
MilitaryAtheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 1:59:33 PM
At 10/2/2012 1:52:56 PM, FREEDO wrote:

It's de facto.

I would agree. How ever I feel like Juggle is ruining the coarse fun DDO used to produce.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 5:47:12 PM

It's defacto.

I'd run that juggle.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 6:39:00 PM
I agree with the OP. If you think DDO sucks so much, why not try to make it better?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 6:54:55 PM

It's defacto.

Not really, no. People only assume that because Inno was made mod, but that had NOTHING to do with his presidency.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus