Total Posts:72|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

CharlieDanger+EncyclopediaDramatica

Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 12:16:36 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Overreactors.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 12:44:23 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 12:16:36 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Overreactors.

They were looking at pictures of naked ladies.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 12:49:49 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 12:44:23 AM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/27/2009 12:16:36 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Overreactors.

They were looking at pictures of naked ladies.

I heard "fish." Is that code for something?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 12:52:02 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
No. It's a pair of scaled sea creatures up a man's ***.

The rest of the page they were staring at was along similar lines.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
radioactivepotatoman
Posts: 85
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 1:55:17 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
just so you guys know, they were looking at encyclopedia dramatica page of "offended". I cant post the link because it has some messed up sh!t, but google encyclopedia dramatica, andnd search offended. look at the page. thats what they saw.
Had enough of Scientology like me?
http://www.paganismtoday.com...
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 3:21:41 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 1:55:17 AM, radioactivepotatoman wrote:
just so you guys know, they were looking at encyclopedia dramatica page of "offended". I cant post the link because it has some messed up sh!t, but google encyclopedia dramatica, andnd search offended. look at the page. thats what they saw.

That's some f*cked up sh*t right there. I hate seeing animal cruelty.

inB4 "Butt they donut have writes."
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 7:50:47 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Man, I'm surprised at how desensitized I am at some of this.

The hentai guro pics were nothing, that's knocked out.

The gay pics weren't that disgusting because I'm not a homophobe.

None of the mutilated animal pictures affected me because I've had several years of animal dissection in laboratory.

None of the mutilated people pictures affected me because I just see them the same way as the animal corpses.

The afflictions and surgery pics, nothing. I've seen worse in my medical texts and for a lot of them, I even knew how to treat them :P

The only things that grossed me out were:

1. Animal cruelty things
2. Fecal-related pics

Yuk ><
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 7:58:43 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 7:50:47 AM, Kleptin wrote:

The gay pics weren't that disgusting because I'm not a homophobe.

*My theory of Kleptins Bisexuality heightens*
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 8:37:10 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
LOL, Kleptin may very well be bisexual, but the person that I am after I leave DDO finds naked men repulsive :P
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 8:41:47 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 8:37:10 AM, Kleptin wrote:
LOL, Kleptin may very well be bisexual, but the person that I am after I leave DDO finds naked white men repulsive :P

Fix'd XD
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 8:45:08 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 3:21:41 AM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/27/2009 1:55:17 AM, radioactivepotatoman wrote:
just so you guys know, they were looking at encyclopedia dramatica page of "offended". I cant post the link because it has some messed up sh!t, but google encyclopedia dramatica, andnd search offended. look at the page. thats what they saw.

That's some f*cked up sh*t right there. I hate seeing animal cruelty.

inB4 "Butt they donut have writes."

Animals don't have rights. =)
http://www.debate.org...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 8:46:35 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 8:45:08 AM, Nags wrote:
At 9/27/2009 3:21:41 AM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/27/2009 1:55:17 AM, radioactivepotatoman wrote:
just so you guys know, they were looking at encyclopedia dramatica page of "offended". I cant post the link because it has some messed up sh!t, but google encyclopedia dramatica, andnd search offended. look at the page. thats what they saw.

That's some f*cked up sh*t right there. I hate seeing animal cruelty.

inB4 "Butt they donut have writes."

Animals don't have rights. =)
http://www.debate.org...

He never said anything about animal rights. He said he hated seeing animal cruelty. That kind of thing can exist with or without animal rights, you know.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 8:55:26 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 8:46:35 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/27/2009 8:45:08 AM, Nags wrote:
At 9/27/2009 3:21:41 AM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/27/2009 1:55:17 AM, radioactivepotatoman wrote:
just so you guys know, they were looking at encyclopedia dramatica page of "offended". I cant post the link because it has some messed up sh!t, but google encyclopedia dramatica, andnd search offended. look at the page. thats what they saw.

That's some f*cked up sh*t right there. I hate seeing animal cruelty.

inB4 "Butt they donut have writes."

Animals don't have rights. =)
http://www.debate.org...

He never said anything about animal rights. He said he hated seeing animal cruelty. That kind of thing can exist with or without animal rights, you know.
To what purpose by what standard?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 9:55:34 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 8:56:27 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/27/2009 8:55:26 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
To what purpose by what standard?

To my purpose by my standard.

lol@reminder of unresolved discussion between Me & RR about subjective morality
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 10:01:12 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 8:56:27 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/27/2009 8:55:26 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
To what purpose by what standard?

To my purpose by my standard.

I asked what not whose.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 10:15:37 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 10:01:12 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 9/27/2009 8:56:27 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/27/2009 8:55:26 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
To what purpose by what standard?

To my purpose by my standard.

I asked what not whose.

Whose can easily be what.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 10:16:45 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
If I ask you what make of car is it, does telling me you own the car answer the question?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 10:20:28 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 10:16:45 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If I ask you what make of car is it, does telling me you own the car answer the question?

Sure. My favourite colour is blue, and it would follow that I would probably buy a blue car; I'm a fan of Japanese cars, so it would also follow that I would buy a Japanese car. I like Nissans, so you could also follow that it may be a Nissan. Et cetera.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 10:53:48 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 10:20:28 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/27/2009 10:16:45 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If I ask you what make of car is it, does telling me you own the car answer the question?

Sure. My favourite colour is blue, and it would follow that I would probably buy a blue car; I'm a fan of Japanese cars, so it would also follow that I would buy a Japanese car. I like Nissans, so you could also follow that it may be a Nissan. Et cetera.

May is not is.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 11:10:08 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 10:53:48 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
May is not is.

May has the possibility of being is. It it those that are too certain that end up being wrong the most.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 11:12:52 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
If you can't even be confident enough of what your purposes and standards even are to explain them, why would anyone else have any confidence to listen to them?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 11:20:57 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 11:12:52 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you can't even be confident enough of what your purposes and standards even are to explain them, why would anyone else have any confidence to listen to them?

I never said you can't be confident in what your purpose and standards are, I just said that being completely certain, also known as stubborn, will trap you in that purpose and standard, even if you're proven to be wrong.

As to why people would have confidence to listen to someone... they don't. Or, at least they shouldn't. You have no idea of what the other person is actually thinking when they say words. Having the confidence to listen means that you have to take it all at face value. Having limited confidence in what someone is saying means that you're listening, and you're taking it in, but you're not stupid enough to believe it all.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 11:57:07 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 11:12:52 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you can't even be confident enough of what your purposes and standards even are to explain them, why would anyone else have any confidence to listen to them?

On what basis can you say that this even occurs? You make this statement as if though it were a common everyday experience.

From what we've discussed in the other topic, you're unhappy designating small goals as true "purposes and standards".

The world is made up of plenty of opinionated people, each with their own goals and standards. Your claim is essentially that if they can't reduce their goals and standards down to the axioms of logic and nature, they don't deserve to have them. That every action needs flawless justification and clear presentation to an imaginary committee of moral judges.

For what reason is this certainty so necessary?

I don't really have a standard or a purpose or goals listed out in logical format. I don't need to analyze the infinite number of repercussions that will occur upon making a choice. The decision is made based on my judgement and my analysis of the consequences goes as far as I see fit. Ultimately, it doesn't matter whether or not the decision is researched at all, because I am the judge and jury of the action, despite evidence of any sort.

I set my own goals, however arbitrary they may be. Since when do I have to submit these goals to be peer reviewed? In what common, everyday situation do we have to submit the contents of our souls to be analyzed?

Our interaction with normal fellow humans, as Volvok has said, involves taking the other person's statements at face value. If I encounter a person and he says that he would like to have some corn on the cob, how much of a freak would I be if I decided to find out where the natural root of this goal is? To explain why he has such a goal, and how he wishes to carry it out in the best way possible? To figure out whether the goal is proximate or non-proximate?

By what standard? By Volkov's standard. It was the perfect response. Why would it matter that the standard belonged to Volkov? It's still a standard, and it's still his. It's a dynamic standard and he can't reduce it down to its atomic constituents just because you feel you need objective reasons for *everything*. It's non-transferable, but it exists, and the greatest thing is that you have absolutely no system by which you can show that Volkov's system is flawed. There's absolutely no way you can even pass *judgement* on his standards.

Except one. By comparing his standard to the majority's standard.

I like it when things come full circle :)
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 6:19:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
As to why people would have confidence to listen to someone... they don't. Or, at least they shouldn't. You have no idea of what the other person is actually thinking when they say words. Having the confidence to listen means that you have to take it all at face value. Having limited confidence in what someone is saying means that you're listening, and you're taking it in, but you're not stupid enough to believe it all.
By "Confidence to listen" I mean just that-- limited confidence that there is a chance of something worth saying being said.

because I am the judge and jury of the action,
The judge and the jury of the action is the part of objective reality that tells you what that action results in. What's up to you is whether you prefer those results. The fact that some criminals want to end up in jail does not mean they preside over their trials :).

I set my own goals, however arbitrary they may be. Since when do I have to submit these goals to be peer reviewed?
You don't. If you're quiet. But if you're recommending an action to someone else for the purpose (proximate or otherwise) of getting them or an observer to adopt it, and that someone else or the observer thinks, this fact dictates that you lay out openly by what standard it is to be judged.

If I encounter a person and he says that he would like to have some corn on the cob, how much of a freak would I be if I decided to find out where the natural root of this goal is?
Say you werent eating your corn, and he insisted that you do. Would it still be freaky to want to find out?

Except one. By comparing his standard to the majority's standard.
That's not an exception. The only exception is deriving a contradiction. A standard that cannot be enacted in reality is obviously disqualified.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 6:54:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I just viewed the encyclopedia dramatica page... quite horrific. I thought 2 girls 1 cup and BME pain olympics were worse though- probably because they're animated. The penis ones were by far the worst imo, I just felt a pain going throughout my body. The whole process was quite chilling.
BrandonClark
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 7:06:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/27/2009 6:54:48 PM, Nags wrote:
I just viewed the encyclopedia dramatica page... quite horrific. I thought 2 girls 1 cup and BME pain olympics were worse though- probably because they're animated. The penis ones were by far the worst imo, I just felt a pain going throughout my body. The whole process was quite chilling.

I know how you feel man.
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!