Jump to topic:

Why Are You Here At DDO ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 9:48:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Greetings my fellow friends. Make I ask why are you here at Debate.org and what have you learned about life or people since you came to this town.
I surely would love to know. Holla back now.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 12:10:50 PM
College doesn't start for a few months, job doesn't start for a month or so, no real means of transportation (apparently a car isn't enough, you also need a license go figure), etc. etc.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 12:27:08 PM
Debating on teh orgz.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 3:21:26 PM
A better education than school ever gave me. And my favorite entertainment on the internet.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 3:37:02 PM
At 10/9/2012 3:21:26 PM, FREEDO wrote:
A better education than school ever gave me. And my favorite entertainment on the internet.

This is oddly true considering how the people on here got their education from school...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 5:34:33 PM
At 10/9/2012 9:48:43 AM, inferno wrote:
Greetings my fellow friends. Make I ask why are you here at Debate.org and what have you learned about life or people since you came to this town.
I surely would love to know. Holla back now.

I often have trouble sleeping/get bored. Because I don't have a TV, the internet occupies a portion of my time. I left for a while, but came back, and might leave again... depending. I sort of feel bad for being such an (unreasonable) @sshole in the first few days back though.
Tsar of DDO
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 5:42:27 PM
DDO is a refuge, and I intend to wade between its tired ranks in the muddy sea, sir. :)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 5:46:11 PM
At 10/9/2012 3:37:02 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/9/2012 3:21:26 PM, FREEDO wrote:

This is oddly true considering how the people on here got their education from school...

lol I think it says more about the different types of education and their level of engagement with that education that people had, but ironic nevertheless.
Tsar of DDO
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 7:38:41 PM
Because I can't talk politics with my wife. We are polar opposites. If I say it's black she will say it's white. There is nothing to discuss politically. The only thing we agree on is how to raise children and finances. The two most important aspects of a successful marrige.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 7:41:20 PM
At 10/9/2012 12:17:26 PM, Koopin wrote:
kfc
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 12:10:11 AM
I am currently carrying out a court ordered three year sentence for breaking the law in Florida (I became involved in a drug trade when I detained while participating in an initiation into a college fraternity, the fraternity later came under investigation for trafficking of drugs into middle schools in the Southeast portion of lower Miami-Dade county) and I must participate in the activities on DDO in any way I can in order to complete my sentence and be up for parole after the first 18 months.....

You know, normal stuff.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 12:22:00 AM
At 10/10/2012 12:10:11 AM, imabench wrote:
I am currently carrying out a court ordered three year sentence for breaking the law in Florida (I became involved in a drug trade when I detained while participating in an initiation into a college fraternity, the fraternity later came under investigation for trafficking of drugs into middle schools in the Southeast portion of lower Miami-Dade county) and I must participate in the activities on DDO in any way I can in order to complete my sentence and be up for parole after the first 18 months.....

You know, normal stuff.

DDO is your albatross. I love it.
Tsar of DDO
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 9:56:05 PM
At 10/10/2012 12:22:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/10/2012 12:10:11 AM, imabench wrote:

You know, normal stuff.

DDO is your albatross. I love it.

"The man hath penance done, And penance more will do." :)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 11:13:15 AM
I discovered this site through trying to find Nationforencisleague.org and this came up so I signed up and now I'm 62nd on the website.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 11:36:02 AM
At 10/9/2012 7:38:41 PM, sadolite wrote:
Because I can't talk politics with my wife. We are polar opposites. If I say it's black she will say it's white. There is nothing to discuss politically. The only thing we agree on is how to raise children and finances. The two most important aspects of a successful marrige.

Many years ago, a guy told me: "We divide family responsibilities. My wife takes care of the kids and the finances. I take are of the policy towards China."
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 11:39:56 AM
I'm here to debate. I always learn things from debating a subject; it's like being forced to do your homework. The debate aspect of DDO is being edged out in favor of the social networking aspect, so site is not so much fun any more.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 11:44:33 AM
At 10/12/2012 11:43:18 AM, Koopin wrote:
The reason I am here is to get Roy to unblock me. One day I will succeed.

good luck with that.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 8:53:07 PM
At 10/12/2012 11:36:02 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 10/9/2012 7:38:41 PM, sadolite wrote:

Many years ago, a guy told me: "We divide family responsibilities. My wife takes care of the kids and the finances. I take are of the policy towards China."

That sounds pretty close to things around here.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 9:18:04 PM
At 10/9/2012 11:21:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
To learn.

And to debate political opinions.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 12:52:46 AM
I'm here to show you why your opinion is sorely wrong.. and I'm here cuz I find debating fun, although i prefer 3v3 in real life, this is great too.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
tanstaafl28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 7:39:50 PM
At 10/9/2012 12:10:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
College doesn't start for a few months, job doesn't start for a month or so, no real means of transportation (apparently a car isn't enough, you also need a license go figure), etc. etc.

Because I emjoy a good debate.