Jump to topic:

Wanna Debate?

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 7:15:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I haven't debated in a long time. Maybe I'll do one. Does anyone wanna debate? Check out my Big Issues (I don't think it's a very accurate assessment of my beliefs given I am not a Statist, BUT, it will do for now) or post any other topic and position you're interested in here. Does any Republican wanna debate something in favor of conservatism? I kinda feel like debating Republican stuff lol I dunno. Roy? Anyone? I don't remember who all you right-wingers are. But this is open to anyone. No topic is really off limits except the ones I have debated a million times, though I never really get sick of arguing in favor of gay rights and in favor of drug legalization :P
President of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 7:28:33 PM
I recall an exchange where you opposed an Islamic state. How about "An Islamic state would most likely be superior to any modern state model." We've discussed the qualities of an Islamic state before, so tell me if you wonder about the meaning of "superior" in this regard.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 7:28:50 PM
Well, I dont think another loss would do me any harm :P

Is there any specific topic you'd like to debate? Let me know and I might take you up on it!

Although I am somewhat busy with school
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 7:31:44 PM
At 10/16/2012 7:28:33 PM, Mirza wrote:
"An Islamic state would most likely be superior to any modern state model."
Anyone else? In case Danielle responds "OMG just get away from me LOL I never asked for that LOL I'm not even a statist -- and couldn't care freakin' less about your stupid debate challenge."
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 7:44:35 PM
I've tried to look for things to debate you on before but as you know we don't disagree on much :P
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 7:47:45 PM
At 10/16/2012 7:31:44 PM, Mirza wrote:
"An Islamic state would most likely be superior to any modern state model."
Anyone else? In case Danielle responds "OMG just get away from me LOL I never asked for that LOL I'm not even a statist -- and couldn't care freakin' less about your stupid debate challenge."

She just has the hots for sexy islamic tooshie, don't feel bad.
kfc
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 7:49:54 PM
"Halo: Reach is superior to Halo 3"

I would be interested in how you could do. :P
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 7:52:28 PM
At 10/16/2012 7:49:54 PM, OberHerr wrote:

What's your position?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 7:53:52 PM
At 10/16/2012 7:52:28 PM, Maikuru wrote:

What's your position?

AWMG Maikaru vs Oberherr, O.o Epic Swag
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 8:24:55 AM
I recall an exchange where you opposed an Islamic state. How about "An Islamic state would most likely be superior to any modern state model." We've discussed the qualities of an Islamic state before, so tell me if you wonder about the meaning of "superior" in this regard.

I don't really remember opposing an Islamic state, but I may be interested in this. To be clear, I don't oppose the existence of an Islamic state as in a territory where Islamic law (Sharia law) is used as the system of governance. If people want to opt into living in a place where Sharia law governs, that's their prerogative. I do disagree with an Islamic state being imposed upon people though, but I believe that about any state pretty much. I would accept that resolution (if you want to be technical, you can change the word 'state' to 'governance' but it's up to you). I have 2 questions though:

1) By modern state/governance, do you mean I would have to choose a government that already exists (for example, the model of the U.S.) or would I be able to create my own or use one we don't currently use, like libertarianism? Either way it probably wouldn't affect my decision to accept; I'm just curious.

2) Is there a specific source that you want to use as a reference to Sharia law? What I mean is, what hadith collections would you be using? Or would you be using strictly the Quran?

I think we might actually be able to debate something... hooray!
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 8:26:20 AM
At 10/16/2012 7:47:45 PM, Koopin wrote:

Actually... this is true lol. But I must say that in my experience, Jews are actually better in bed :-X
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 8:37:37 AM
At 10/17/2012 8:30:15 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

I don't believe Obama's economic policies have been successful. However, I also don't believe Mitt Romney's economic proposals would/will be successful either. I'd be willing to debate that his wouldn't be if you want to argue in favor of them.
President of DDO
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 8:46:37 AM
At 10/17/2012 8:37:37 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 10/17/2012 8:30:15 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

I don't believe Obama's economic policies have been successful. However, I also don't believe Mitt Romney's economic proposals would/will be successful either. I'd be willing to debate that his wouldn't be if you want to argue in favor of them.

Oh well.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 11:11:21 AM
At 10/17/2012 8:26:20 AM, Danielle wrote:

Actually... this is true lol. But I must say that in my experience, Jews are actually better in bed :-X

As one of less than a handful of Jewish active members of this site (the others are Mouthwash and to a lesser extent truthseeker613), I feel obliged to say: woohoo, Jews ftw. I've never heard this from a non-Jew before. The reason is actually because of the Jewish-zionist ownership of the media, which allows all Jews to read the good how-to instructional videos and literature before they're released to the general public, and by the time they're released to everyone our Jew censors have edited out everything useful. Fact.

Anywayyys, are you legit pro national health care, or does that no longer apply? Seems quite inconsistent with your other views. If so, what kind of system do you have in mind?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 11:20:24 AM
At 10/17/2012 11:11:21 AM, jat93 wrote:

As one of less than a handful of Jewish active members of this site (the others are Mouthwash and to a lesser extent truthseeker613), I feel obliged to say: woohoo, Jews ftw. I've never heard this from a non-Jew before. The reason is actually because of the Jewish-zionist ownership of the media, which allows all Jews to read the good how-to instructional videos and literature before they're released to the general public, and by the time they're released to everyone our Jew censors have edited out everything useful. Fact.

Anywayyys, are you legit pro national health care, or does that no longer apply? Seems quite inconsistent with your other views. If so, what kind of system do you have in mind?

In our current society I support Obamacare or whatever it is. I don't believe taxation is right in the first place, but since we tax anyway, we might as well put it toward something like health care as opposed to say the exorbitant amount we spend on defense. I'd even rather taxes go toward health care than education. The Big Issues are kind of limited to a Statist perspective. If someone argued that we shouldn't have health care, I'd argue in favor of it on the basis that we can/should just pay for it by cutting taxes from certain other programs. If they disagreed, they'd have to justify having taxes go toward those other programs rather than health care.
President of DDO
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 11:46:09 AM
At 10/17/2012 11:20:24 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 10/17/2012 11:11:21 AM, jat93 wrote:

In our current society I support Obamacare or whatever it is. I don't believe taxation is right in the first place, but since we tax anyway, we might as well put it toward something like health care as opposed to say the exorbitant amount we spend on defense. I'd even rather taxes go toward health care than education. The Big Issues are kind of limited to a Statist perspective. If someone argued that we shouldn't have health care, I'd argue in favor of it on the basis that we can/should just pay for it by cutting taxes from certain other programs. If they disagreed, they'd have to justify having taxes go toward those other programs rather than health care.

Ah. But my main question is this: you'd favor free market health care with no government intervention if our society allowed it? If so, there's nothing for me to debate you on, we're agreed... I mean, I'm also in favor of national health care insofar as I believe it's a better way to spend tax dollars than funding the ever growing and ever dangerous military industrial complex, but that doesn't change the fact that when government gets involved with legislating healthcare, it drives up prices, waiting lists, etc and a free market in health care would make it significantly more affordable and convenient.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:22:48 PM
Free market health care is never going to happen in a democratic society. I agree that government involvement drives up cost, but in relation to current policy, I don't really care. As far as waiting lists go, high demand and low supply would (hopefully) be lucrative enough to incentivize people to go into the medical field. However, that's another issue... but yeah I'm not sure what national health care refers to in the Big Issues though. At least insurance companies under Obamacare still have to compete, as opposed to there being a single government provider which I would not support.
President of DDO
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:32:01 PM
I would debate you on Israel, but you lost my respect after the gay parenting debate. You didn't address my studies AT ALL; you simply lied and said I didn't post any.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:52:50 PM
At 10/17/2012 12:32:01 PM, MouthWash wrote:
I would debate you on Israel, but you lost my respect after the gay parenting debate. You didn't address my studies AT ALL; you simply lied and said I didn't post any.

I scanned the debate, and it literally took me 3 seconds to find this:

"Nowhere did he establish that biological ties to parents were significantly important. He presented a study that demonstrated the quality of care infants receive affecting their development. This source never said that the care had to come from biological parents. The same thing applies to Con"s other sources..."

In other words, you just blatantly lied in saying that I didn't address your sources. I quite obviously addressed them (and argued against them). If what you're saying is true, I probably wouldn't have beaten you by 42 points. Clearly I'm not the only one who acknowledged that I did acknowledge and respond to everything you posted. But sure, you can say that I've "lost your respect" as an excuse to not debate me. However considering I just proved you wrong with a direct quote, I guess you'll have to come up with something else. I'm sure I can find more direct references to your sources if I took the time to examine that debate further. Ah well.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 1:05:01 PM
At 10/17/2012 12:52:50 PM, Danielle wrote:

Lol, I looked back at ONE round of our debate and I referenced your sources 6 times. Since when is acknowledging your sources 6 times in a single round equivalent to me "not addressing" them? Worse, you completely embarrassed yourself by calling ME a liar and accusing you of not posting any. Not only did I never make such an accusation, but I specifically brought them up and responded to them throughout the debate. Who's the liar now? I'm sure you won't respond to this and I'll take that as a concession of your apology. Please come up with another excuse to not debate me. Here are direct quotes of mine referencing your sources from Round 4:

- Con"s own source admits that sexuality is a byproduct of biology.

- He presented a study that demonstrated the quality of care infants receive affecting their development. This source never said that the care had to come from biological parents.

- There was nothing in Con"s source that explained why a child's biological father is necessary or more valuable than having a positive male figure around.

- Con hasn't proven these reasons as remotely being legitimate causes of homosexuality, and neither have his sources.

- The same thing applies to Con"s other sources-- the study indicating the benefits of rough and tumble play never mentioned the importance of the father figure"s DNA.

- Some of Con's sources were irrelevant. Others helped establish my case. He cited the same source 3x in the last round, and failed to provide the correct sources for his claims which inhibited my ability to respond.
President of DDO
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 1:12:14 PM
At 10/16/2012 7:15:48 PM, Danielle wrote:
I haven't debated in a long time. Maybe I'll do one. Does anyone wanna debate? Check out my Big Issues (I don't think it's a very accurate assessment of my beliefs given I am not a Statist, BUT, it will do for now) or post any other topic and position you're interested in here. Does any Republican wanna debate something in favor of conservatism? I kinda feel like debating Republican stuff lol I dunno. Roy? Anyone? I don't remember who all you right-wingers are. But this is open to anyone. No topic is really off limits except the ones I have debated a million times, though I never really get sick of arguing in favor of gay rights and in favor of drug legalization :P

Oh yeah, baby. I'll debate you so hard (if you're into that kinda thing).
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 1:26:13 PM
If you're interested in doing a philosophical debate, I'd be down for the paradox of the stone which I saw you did a while back. (I'd be con) We could do whether it refutes the Christian God or just define a God. Whichever.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 2:00:03 PM

I scanned the debate, and it literally took me 3 seconds to find this:

"Nowhere did he establish that biological ties to parents were significantly important. He presented a study that demonstrated the quality of care infants receive affecting their development. This source never said that the care had to come from biological parents. The same thing applies to Con"s other sources..."

In other words, you just blatantly lied in saying that I didn't address your sources. I quite obviously addressed them (and argued against them). If what you're saying is true, I probably wouldn't have beaten you by 42 points. Clearly I'm not the only one who acknowledged that I did acknowledge and respond to everything you posted. But sure, you can say that I've "lost your respect" as an excuse to not debate me. However considering I just proved you wrong with a direct quote, I guess you'll have to come up with something else. I'm sure I can find more direct references to your sources if I took the time to examine that debate further. Ah well.

"Con didn't present any studies indicating harms attributed to gay parenting, which is good because I could have easily discounted those based on bias, faulty sampling and other mistakes. But all we've seen in this debate are studies affirming the resolution."

What you're saying is that this isn't a strawman?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 2:07:54 PM
At 10/17/2012 1:05:01 PM, Danielle wrote:

Lol, I looked back at ONE round of our debate and I referenced your sources 6 times. Since when is acknowledging your sources 6 times in a single round equivalent to me "not addressing" them? Worse, you completely embarrassed yourself by calling ME a liar and accusing you of not posting any. Not only did I never make such an accusation, but I specifically brought them up and responded to them throughout the debate. Who's the liar now? I'm sure you won't respond to this and I'll take that as a concession of your apology. Please come up with another excuse to not debate me. Here are direct quotes of mine referencing your sources from Round 4:

- Con"s own source admits that sexuality is a byproduct of biology.

"Byproduct" has nothing to do with whether homosexuality is harmful or not. EVERYTHING is a byproduct of biology. That's like saying that being a mass murderer is a byproduct of biology because a murderer's brain is abnormal (which is still biological).

- He presented a study that demonstrated the quality of care infants receive affecting their development. This source never said that the care had to come from biological parents.

F*ck that. Of course they don't. I never said that and that wasn't what the debate was about.

- There was nothing in Con"s source that explained why a child's biological father is necessary or more valuable than having a positive male figure around.

Can you tell me why having a positive male role model replaces a father? Because you didn't.

- Con hasn't proven these reasons as remotely being legitimate causes of homosexuality, and neither have his sources.

What? Context?

- The same thing applies to Con"s other sources-- the study indicating the benefits of rough and tumble play never mentioned the importance of the father figure"s DNA.

Nope, it didn't. You're right. Sadly, you're arguing a different debate.

- Some of Con's sources were irrelevant. Others helped establish my case. He cited the same source 3x in the last round, and failed to provide the correct sources for his claims which inhibited my ability to respond.

Lie. I gave the link to the sources page because their were 3 studies on it and I wanted to make sure they correlated with the claims I was backing up.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 2:17:06 PM
MouthWash is clogging the thread to obscure the part where the OP expressed deep emotions for uh, exceptionally attractive people, the Muslims. (Well, myself being the major player here.) Now let's end it here.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 2:18:03 PM
Hey, didn't CiRrk challenge you after you made that ridiculous thread about Iran? What happened to that?
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 9:36:40 PM
At 10/17/2012 1:26:13 PM, phantom wrote:
If you're interested in doing a philosophical debate, I'd be down for the paradox of the stone which I saw you did a while back. (I'd be con) We could do whether it refutes the Christian God or just define a God. Whichever.

Or I'd debate whether anything is certain. I'd rather do that actually if you're interested.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 10:49:15 PM
At 10/16/2012 7:52:28 PM, Maikuru wrote:

What's your position?

Either, I think I could come up with a good case for both.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 10:51:15 PM

*ehem*

Think of it as an "exotic" case.

Or maybe "The Halo series is superior to the Call of Duty series"?