DDO election announcement

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 7:14:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Airmax/Freedo 2012

I have asked Freedo to run as my VP in the next election. Freedo is a longtime member and understands DDO probably better than anyone. He knows that the site is supposed to be fun, and will offer his unique perspective on things. I'm grateful that he has accepted this invitation, and I am excited to see what we can achieve together.

While I understand that VP is a demotion from Freedo's DDO dictator role, I feel that Freedo will be such a great asset to the administration that I have convinced him to add VP to his workload. We both recognize that it may be difficult for him, but if anyone can handle it Freedo can.

I realize that bringing 'the dictator' into this office may be a risk, therefore Juggle has agreed to increase my secret service detail just in case Freedo decides to stage a coup. I've also got a huge list of responsibilities in store for Freedo, hoping to keep him too busy to overthrow any future DDO government.

I'd like to thank Freedo, and every DDO member.

Vote,

Airmax/Freedo 2012

(Elections are in December)
Debate.org Moderator
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 7:17:25 PM
man, no one has mentioned the election in at least a month (that I've seen) til now. I was seriously hoping that we would pass the election and realize that we forgot to hold it xD but I'm excited, the election threads and debates are always fun. If no ridiculous candidate runs this time I'll be very dissapointed.

RUN INFERNO RUN
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 8:03:37 PM
At 10/17/2012 7:17:25 PM, thett3 wrote:
man, no one has mentioned the election in at least a month (that I've seen) til now. I was seriously hoping that we would pass the election and realize that we forgot to hold it xD but I'm excited, the election threads and debates are always fun. If no ridiculous candidate runs this time I'll be very dissapointed.

Ill keep that in mind for the future....

RUN INFERNO RUN
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 7:49:15 PM
At 10/19/2012 1:45:05 PM, Viper-King wrote:
I wonder if Airmax is joking or not.

Of course I am. I don't really believe Freedo is going to attempt to assassinate me or overthrow my administration. He's always been a civil and thoughtful member for as long as I have known him, and I'm proud and excited that he has joined me in the campaign as my VP.

Airmax/Freedo

(Video created by Nur-Ab-Sal, all rights reserved, patent pending, void where prohibited, and such...)
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 7:52:59 PM
At 10/17/2012 8:03:37 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 7:17:25 PM, thett3 wrote:

Ill keep that in mind for the future....

RUN INFERNO RUN
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 7:53:27 PM
Will Freedo disperse free drugs?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 8:10:15 PM
At 10/19/2012 8:07:44 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Well, looks like I need to step up my game for running mates.

Nate Ruess is possibly this generations Freddy Mercury... But I don't think he is a DDO member yet.
Debate.org Moderator
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 8:20:26 PM
At 10/19/2012 8:10:15 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 10/19/2012 8:07:44 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Well, looks like I need to step up my game for running mates.

Nate Ruess is possibly this generations Freddy Mercury... But I don't think he is a DDO member yet.

Airmax, you better eat your words right now. It is against Mercury Law to compare anyone to Freddie Mercury unless it is showing how inferior they are.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 8:25:47 PM
At 10/19/2012 7:53:27 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Will Freedo disperse free drugs?

I'm sure he will. You know freedo, come on.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 12:00:37 AM
What does the vice president even do? Who is your vice president right now? I haven't seen him do anything unlike you, the current president.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 12:54:59 AM
Thank you, thank you.

My adoring fans rest assured, I still am and will always remain your Emperor, Dictator and Grand Poobah.

But there are ways in which I will simply not use my limitless dictatorial powers unless formally asked by my dearly beloved people to do so.

I have an enormous amount of commitment to this site that, dare I say, I believe is truly beyond any here. I wish to channel this will into a position in the administrational duties of this site to endlessly better the user experience and encourage it's intellectual integrity to flourish.

For those asking whether there will be free drugs for everyone, need ye only know that FREEDO is a drug and there is plenty of me to go around.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 1:13:22 AM
The DDO Elite(if they existed, would)like to remind Airmax of the penalty for speaking out of bounds,and without their permission.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 1:38:46 AM
At 10/20/2012 12:54:59 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Thank you, thank you.

My adoring fans rest assured, I still am and will always remain your Emperor, Dictator and Grand Poobah.

+10 points

But there are ways in which I will simply not use my limitless dictatorial powers unless formally asked by my dearly beloved people to do so.

+5 points

I have an enormous amount of commitment to this site that, dare I say, I believe is truly beyond any here. I wish to channel this will into a position in the administrational duties of this site to endlessly better the user experience and encourage it's intellectual integrity to flourish.

+2 points

For those asking whether there will be free drugs for everyone, need ye only know that FREEDO is a drug and there is plenty of me to go around.

+10 points
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 10:38:24 PM
YAY! I JUST FOUND MY VP!

*ahem*

Announcing: JaxsonRaine/[Airmax/FREEDO] 2012!
Tomorrow's Change You Can Hope To Believe In, Today

(Airmax, do you want your platform to be my VP?)
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 4:15:04 PM
At 10/21/2012 4:58:27 AM, Smithereens wrote:
How does this presidential thing work? aside from the obvious of course.

The President is the elected representative of the DDO community. Before juggle it was mainly a joke, mainly a popularity contest. Since juggle has owned the site the position of President has become the member that the community thinks will best develop a relationship with juggle and be able to best represent all members of this site.

So far this has worked out greatly due to great members like Innomen and Airmax, DDO has been in a "golden age". Trolling has been at a minimum but still a fair amount of free speech has been maintained.

Hope that helps.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 5:22:00 PM
airmax (or someone in his council), can you please tell us what exactly you've brought to the office of President? I am admittedly quite out of the loop, so forgive me if this seems like a loaded question. I'm genuinely curious... What have you done?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 5:38:50 PM
At 10/21/2012 5:22:00 PM, tvellalott wrote:
airmax (or someone in his council), can you please tell us what exactly you've brought to the office of President? I am admittedly quite out of the loop, so forgive me if this seems like a loaded question. I'm genuinely curious... What have you done?

Many of the updates have gone through the presidency and their interactions with Juggle. That is not to say that the presidents have done it all by themselves, but they do tend to function as a focus point to keep things from being forgotten so they can actually get done.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 5:40:29 PM

I can't give in insider details but it is obvious that DDO has entered into a golden age while under his Presidency. Trolls are at an all time low. Votebombing is at an all time low. And juggle involvement has been at an all time high.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 5:45:05 PM
At 10/21/2012 5:40:29 PM, jharry wrote:

I can't give in insider details but it is obvious that DDO has entered into a golden age while under his Presidency. Trolls are at an all time low. Votebombing is at an all time low. And juggle involvement has been at an all time high.

We have a troll tournament currently in signups.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 5:46:16 PM

Correlation does not equal causation. I don't see how he's responsible for any of those things. Have trolls been banned more swiftly or are they simply not coming? Have votebombers been banned and their actions reversed, or is it simply not happening? And Juggle's involvement... well, I don't see how he could have any power over that. Furthermore, lets say hypothetically someone else had won the last election; I don't see how the site would be in a drastically (if even remotely) different position to what it is now.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 5:47:40 PM
At 10/21/2012 5:45:05 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Semantics.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 5:47:46 PM
At 10/21/2012 5:45:05 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

theres a difference between actual trolls intentionally trying to make the site look idiotic and a tournament where people make joke debates for the amusement of others.... Believe me, I would know

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 5:49:06 PM
At 10/21/2012 5:46:16 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Correlation does not equal causation. I don't see how he's responsible for any of those things. Have trolls been banned more swiftly or are they simply not coming? Have votebombers been banned and their actions reversed,

The fool on the hill, dylancatlow, and a few others have straightened out after their temp bannings or restriction of voting rights.

or is it simply not happening? And Juggle's involvement... well, I don't see how he could have any power over that. Furthermore, lets say hypothetically someone else had won the last election; I don't see how the site would be in a drastically (if even remotely) different position to what it is now.