Jump to topic:

Can't put up a video.

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 12:57:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Trying to create a topic and posted a Youtube video. It only shows the link and refuses to show the video. Am I doing something wrong?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 1:12:56 PM
At 10/18/2012 12:57:33 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Trying to create a topic and posted a Youtube video. It only shows the link and refuses to show the video. Am I doing something wrong?

If you're using the youtube.com URL, try the youtu.be URL. And, vice versa. Other than that, I don't know.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 1:16:44 PM
This has been happening quite a lot to me recently.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 1:27:17 PM
At 10/18/2012 1:12:56 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

If you're using the youtube.com URL, try the youtu.be URL. And, vice versa. Other than that, I don't know.

I don't understand this. Are you saying that I should put a period in between the u and b? Because I did that and it doesn't work.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 1:33:05 PM
At 10/18/2012 1:27:17 PM, MouthWash wrote:

I don't understand this. Are you saying that I should put a period in between the u and b? Because I did that and it doesn't work.

haha, no. YouTube has a shortcut URL located at "youtu.be". If you click "Share" underneath the video you're trying to post, the "youtu.be" link will be displayed. It might embed the video better.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 1:34:00 PM
At 10/18/2012 1:33:05 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 10/18/2012 1:27:17 PM, MouthWash wrote:

haha, no. YouTube has a shortcut URL located at "youtu.be". If you click "Share" underneath the video you're trying to post, the "youtu.be" link will be displayed. It might embed the video better.

That is, go to YouTube and you'll see "Share" underneath the video. That should give you the shortcut link.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 2:00:41 PM
At 10/18/2012 1:49:47 PM, nate.DDOqa wrote:
Mouthwash,

Did you refer to this page:
http://debate.org...

Thanks for using DDO,
Nate

Lol. I know, I just posted the link. I also did what Al said and it still doesn't work. Bug.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 5:32:25 PM
At 10/18/2012 1:49:47 PM, nate.DDOqa wrote:
Mouthwash,

Did you refer to this page:
http://debate.org...

Thanks for using DDO,
Nate

Just copied your video and it still works. O.o
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 5:33:24 PM
OK, it seems that certain videos can't be put up.