Jump to topic:

What is the comments section in the debates 4

truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 2:37:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What is the comments section in the debates for ?

I thought it was to voice your opinion, but I was told that it's cheating.

Is this true, and if so what is it for?
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 3:39:04 PM
It's for discussing the debate, in general.

Usually you can talk about the debate topic in the comments section once the debate is over.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 5:35:32 PM
At 10/21/2012 2:37:55 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
What is the comments section in the debates for ?

I thought it was to voice your opinion, but I was told that it's cheating.

Is this true, and if so what is it for?

Voicing your opinion is fine, but you don't want to be debating in the comments section. The main reason is that the debates are meant to pit two individuals' skills against each other. If people debate in the comments section that has 2 negative effects.

1) It can give arguments to individuals that they did not actually form (and so they are not really the ones debating).

2) It can mislead voters to have them vote on some things that were not brought up in the debate.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"