Pre-tournament rituals?

corinnesunshine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 5:20:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Hello all :D
So my team is need of pre-tournament "rituals" to focus us before we compete. At the moment, we've only thought of having a secret handshake...but that seemed to lack some creativity.
Anyways, we're stumped and our first novi tournament is a week from now, so we need some ideas!

Remember, since this is something that is going to happen probably in the cafeteria while waiting for postings, our ritual can't be loud, disturbing, or lengthy.

Suggestions? :]
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 5:25:39 PM
Go outside the builiding (does not have to be too far) in a group and do warm-ups. Create rhymes that help pronounciation and over-enounciate them. Create rhymes with many similiarly sounding words, and starting slow, repeat it faster and faster. No matter what event you do, pronciation and enounciation is important, and this helps you practice and warms up those muscles.
BrandonClark
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 5:29:00 PM
Walk in to the place blasting For Whom the Bell Tolls and make yourself feel like either a pro athlete or a rockstar, either way, it works.
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!
corinnesunshine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 5:48:25 PM
Haha, while I would agree with SportsMaster that doing vocal warm-ups would be an excellent pre-tourn ritual, that has already, unfortunately, been ruled out.
Which is really too bad because I personally like the Silent Scream :/

As for blasting some serious rockstar music, well, haha...
I wish :]
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark.
BrandonClark
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 5:50:40 PM
At 10/1/2009 5:48:25 PM, corinnesunshine wrote:
As for blasting some serious rockstar music, well, haha...
I wish :]

I'm not kidding. I walk up to the starting line of every cross country meet playing that song at full volume on my iPod so everyone else can hear it. It also helps if everyone knows who you are and knows you're really good.
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!