Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

[Your Name Here] I'm Calling You Out! Part 2!

JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 6:10:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
000ike, come on. Enough is enough. This is debate.org, where you should have some sort of understanding about how to form an argument, provide sources, and refrain from ad hominem.

What's more, you should take it as an opportunity to learn from other people, at least sometimes.

You came into a thread where I had acknowledged, in my very first post(also the 2nd post in the thread), that there are both people who voted for Obama simply because he is black, and people who didn't vote for Obama simply because he is black.

You came into that thread, and had the audacity to call me a moron, a partisan hack, and included this precious gem

But it is shallow, ignorant, foolish, narrow-minded, and quite ludicrous to throw a tantrum on race bias only when you observe in Black people. Why aren't you asking about all the White southerners that didn't vote for President Obama?

when I had already acknowledged those who didn't vote for Obama due to race. Instead of acknowledging that you were wrong, and heaven forbid apologizing for overreacting, you pressed on, and ignored every post I made.

This isn't even close to the first time you have done this. You need to stop throwing fits just because people challenge your baseless assertions.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 6:12:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
UR, I totally back you on this, but if you wanna call someone out. Don't BS this making a thread for it. Just call them out.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 6:14:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
JR, I totally back you on this, but if you wanna call someone out don't BS this making a thread for it. Just call them out.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 6:15:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Way to push my campaign platform down like 2 seconds after I posted it. :P
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 6:18:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/28/2012 6:15:43 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Way to push my campaign platform down like 2 seconds after I posted it. :P

Don't worry. I'll bump it for you!

)

There. Done.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 6:21:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/28/2012 6:14:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
JR, I totally back you on this, but if you wanna call someone out don't BS this making a thread for it. Just call them out.

+1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 6:22:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/28/2012 6:14:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
JR, I totally back you on this, but if you wanna call someone out don't BS this making a thread for it. Just call them out.

That's supposed to be the point of the thread, what BS do you mean?

Because I made it general for others to use?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 6:29:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/28/2012 6:22:42 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 10/28/2012 6:14:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
JR, I totally back you on this, but if you wanna call someone out don't BS this making a thread for it. Just call them out.

Because I made it general for others to use?

I think so. People arent going to reuse the same thread to call people out since the last 90 or so of these kinds of threads died into oblivion.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 6:30:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/28/2012 6:29:04 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/28/2012 6:22:42 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 10/28/2012 6:14:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
JR, I totally back you on this, but if you wanna call someone out don't BS this making a thread for it. Just call them out.

Because I made it general for others to use?

I think so. People arent going to reuse the same thread to call people out since the last 90 or so of these kinds of threads died into oblivion.

Ah, my bad. I thought the last one I made turned out kind of fun.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 6:54:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/28/2012 6:30:14 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 10/28/2012 6:29:04 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/28/2012 6:22:42 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 10/28/2012 6:14:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
JR, I totally back you on this, but if you wanna call someone out don't BS this making a thread for it. Just call them out.

Because I made it general for others to use?

I think so. People arent going to reuse the same thread to call people out since the last 90 or so of these kinds of threads died into oblivion.

Ah, my bad. I thought the last one I made turned out kind of fun.

oh trust me it did, but nobody else used it to call out other people though :P
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 5:52:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Same people again. Wallstreetatheist, Where did you go? Still need to do research on a topic you deem yourself expert in? Lordknukle, I'm certain you are courageous enough to stand up for your anti-religious rant. So let's have a debate, Ma'am.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:49:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 5:52:51 AM, Mirza wrote:
Same people again. Wallstreetatheist, Where did you go? Still need to do research on a topic you deem yourself expert in? Lordknukle, I'm certain you are courageous enough to stand up for your anti-religious rant. So let's have a debate, Ma'am.

When did I ever deem myself an expert in Islam? Inventing a sentiment and placing it on me doesn't make it true, it makes you, the issuer disingenuous. You tried to get me to accept a trap debate resolution that "Islam promotes unjustified violence against disbelievers," which as you know is deceitful. As I stated on your wall, the Qur'an says that there is really no such thing as "unjustified" violence. Ever heard of "inshallah"? ("if god wills"). Since Allah knows all, he know if you are right with him (just like Christianity), BUT the Qur'an also says that the unbeliever's right place is in hell, and it is the duty of every Muslim to further Islam (at any cost, by the way). There is a 3 step process: first invite them to Islam. if they convert, great. if not, step 2, tell the unbeliever they must submit (by paying the jizya tax, but I have noticed that in western countries (including much of europe) they pay the jizya indirectly, but they still bow down and make Islam superior, like in England). if the unbeliever will not submit, then the last option is to INSIST, by force if necessary, and if death of the unbeliever is the result, so be it Inshallah.

I offered to debate you on the topic "Islam promotes violence against disbelievers." And I will once I've done enough research. You've been involved with Islam for, presumably, your entire life. I've stated that the only information I've gleaned is from the news, listening to a few debates and podcasts, a few suras of the Quran, the Muslim attitude against free speech, and several articles on Islamic Jihad. That's it. Once I finish my re-do debate with darkkermit, I'll send you a challenge for "Islam promotes violence against disbelievers." Do we have a deal?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:55:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 5:52:51 AM, Mirza wrote:
Same people again. Wallstreetatheist, Where did you go? Still need to do research on a topic you deem yourself expert in? Lordknukle, I'm certain you are courageous enough to stand up for your anti-religious rant. So let's have a debate, Ma'am.

You still demonstrate either ignorance or baseness in using that term, so I'll have to repeat this until you learn or improve. So far, you've been incorrigible. "Ma'am" is a colloquial shortening of madam, and is used as a form of polite address for a woman. You've been using it to address men, when you should have been using sir. You were either 1) Committing an honest mistake or 2) Doing it mockingly. Regardless, if you said that to the wrong person in America, you may be put in a wheelchair by him. Language is important.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:02:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wallstreetatheist is coping out. The resolution he offers is something every Muslim agrees with. Islam promotes violence against disbelievers -- It also does against Muslims. A Muslim killing a non-Muslim in an Islamic state will be punished by the death penalty. This is not just violence - it is justified violence.

So Mr. Wallstreetatheist, How about something neither of us offered: "Islam seeks peace between Muslims and non-Muslims." Don't run away.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:12:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:02:01 AM, Mirza wrote:
Wallstreetatheist is coping out.

lol, tu quoque? I posted that exact same resolution on your profile and you had no problem with it.

The resolution he offers is something every Muslim agrees with. Islam promotes violence against disbelievers -- It also does against Muslims.

So you agree that Islam is not a religion of peace, since it advocates violence to achieve its ends (and why wouldn't it? Islam spread so much more quickly once violence started to be used)? I think many Islamic people would disagree with the resolution that "Islam promotes violence against disbelievers." In fact, I'll bet if I post this in some Islamic debate group on facebook, I'll find a lot of opposition.

A Muslim killing a non-Muslim in an Islamic state will be punished by the death penalty. This is not just violence - it is justified violence.

So the 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule are non-applicable? K.

So Mr. Wallstreetatheist, How about something neither of us offered: "Islam seeks peace between Muslims and non-Muslims." Don't run away.

So you agree that Islam promotes violence against disbelievers? Why didn't you say so back when I posted it on your wall?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:15:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:02:01 AM, Mirza wrote:
Wallstreetatheist is coping out. The resolution he offers is something every Muslim agrees with. Islam promotes violence against disbelievers -- It also does against Muslims. A Muslim killing a non-Muslim in an Islamic state will be punished by the death penalty. This is not just violence - it is justified violence.

So Mr. Wallstreetatheist, How about something neither of us offered: "Islam seeks peace between Muslims and non-Muslims." Don't run away.

Mirza is an excellent example of when asking for a debate is just an act of evasion. In the forums I asked Mirza what Obama did to take away his religious freedom and ruin the economy. He would not answer. Instead, he kept asking me to debate him. Tell me...how do you ask someone for a debate when they are not contending your position, but asking you to explain it? Is debating now the only way we can find out why it is people believe what they believe?

Now, look again, WSA was apparently kind enough to accept Mirza's debate proposal, and now he's haggling him over the resolution.

Remember people, just because someone is direly asking for a debate, does not mean he isn't evading something. This is perhaps the most insidious method of evasion because prima facie it seems legitimate.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:18:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lordknukle made the same claim as you. He's been coping out too. (He doesn't know what he is talking about; that's a shame.) So, one of you (or both) can challenge me to a debate on: "Islam seeks peace between Muslims and disbelievers." I don't need to read more of your babble.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:22:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ike, The last two responses I gave you were left ignored. You deserve no detailed responses from me. I've demolished your arguments over and over, and your response was to ignore. Nothing else. So, why not debate over the matter? At least my responses will give me benefit in a debate. Not so in the forums.

Wallstreetatheist made arguments against Islam that perfectly fit the resolution I asked him to debate. He's coping out because he doesn't know what comes out of his mouth. He's another militant atheist who makes arguments only to promote his ego.

So three people not wanting to debate. Lordknukle likes to make himself appear tough. I wonder why he doesn't accept something as little as a debate challenge.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:33:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:22:54 AM, Mirza wrote:
Ike, The last two responses I gave you were left ignored. You deserve no detailed responses from me. I've demolished your arguments over and over, and your response was to ignore. Nothing else. So, why not debate over the matter? At least my responses will give me benefit in a debate. Not so in the forums.

You ask someone for a debate, when they've been furiously contending your position for a while. I asked you a question. I didn't argue with you, I asked you to explain what your position was and where it came from.

1. What did Obama do to take away your religious freedom?

2. What did Obama do to hurt the economy and how did it hurt the economy?

My suspicion is that you actually don't have answers to these questions, and need to go research extensively in order to come up with something...and that's why you want a debate. However, what that would mean is that you decided to hate Obama without any reasons, and now you need to look up reasons when pressed to explain.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:35:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:33:14 AM, 000ike wrote:
My suspicion is that you actually don't have answers to these questions, and need to go research extensively in order to come up with something...and that's why you want a debate. However, what that would mean is that you decided to hate Obama without any reasons, and now you need to look up reasons when pressed to explain.
Dear me! How persistent can you be. It's fine you think I have to do research on that -- So why don't you accept a debate where we have ONE HOUR to make a case, AND respond to arguments? I'm fine with 30, too. I'll use all characters, and I bet it'll make your arguments seem invisible in comparison. Bring it, Ma'am. Now.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:40:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:35:39 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/2/2012 7:33:14 AM, 000ike wrote:
My suspicion is that you actually don't have answers to these questions, and need to go research extensively in order to come up with something...and that's why you want a debate. However, what that would mean is that you decided to hate Obama without any reasons, and now you need to look up reasons when pressed to explain.
Dear me! How persistent can you be. It's fine you think I have to do research on that -- So why don't you accept a debate where we have ONE HOUR to make a case, AND respond to arguments? I'm fine with 30, too. I'll use all characters, and I bet it'll make your arguments seem invisible in comparison. Bring it, Ma'am. Now.

because I didn't contend your position. I asked you to explain what your position was.

1. What did Obama do to take away your religious freedom?

2. What did Obama do to hurt the economy and how did it hurt the economy?

Why do you need a debate to answer these 2 simple questions? Better yet, what did I say to you against these 2 topics that warrant you to ask for a debate? All I've done is ask for some evidence to corroborate your claims that Obama destroyed your religious freedom and the economy.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:48:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
If an individual has refused to debate but is willing to participate in forum discussion, and another individual continues to issue debate challenges but refuses to answer simple questions regarding her position, she is avoiding the debate because she has no answer.

Ms. Mirza is guilty as charged.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:27:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:48:35 AM, blameworthy wrote:
If an individual has refused to debate but is willing to participate in forum discussion, and another individual continues to issue debate challenges but refuses to answer simple questions regarding her position, she is avoiding the debate because she has no answer.

Ms. Mirza is guilty as charged.
You don't understand what's going on. You haven't followed my discussion with Ike. You haven't read my reasons for avoiding big discussions with Ike. He ignored the latest blow-ups to his arguments. I didn't avoid forum discussions - I like that format. But debate is preferable when you gain no reward for discussing with someone, even after you make several attempts.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 1:32:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:15:14 AM, 000ike wrote:

Lol, you dare to step foot in my calling 000ike out thread, and ignore the OP?

You're still pathetic. Getting worse too.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 1:45:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mirza and Ike (or Wallstreetathiest), it's time you take this little quarrel/battle to a debate, not in the forums. :)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 1:46:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 1:32:40 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/2/2012 7:15:14 AM, 000ike wrote:

Lol, you dare to step foot in my calling 000ike out thread, and ignore the OP?

You're still pathetic. Getting worse too.

Lol.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau