Total Posts:97|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Anarchists, Conservatives, Libertarians....

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:26:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh my!

Well, the actual point of this thread is the interesting surge of people of a certain ideologues ever so often, either by people coming, or by changing their ideologues.

And, interestingly enough, they tend to lean towards the right.

Also interestingly, they tend to dwindle to a core group, especially when a new group comes in.

So, what ideologues do you think is next?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:27:43 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:26:11 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Oh my!

Well, the actual point of this thread is the interesting surge of people of a certain ideologues ever so often, either by people coming, or by changing their ideologues.

Also interestingly, they tend to dwindle to a core group, especially when a new group comes in.

shouldn't this be in the politics section?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:29:59 PM
Oh my!

Back in January, you said there was no right wing majority.....are you eating your words, or did you just forget you ever said that lie?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:35:17 PM
Oh my!

depends on who wins the election and how many votes third party candidates somehow manage to get.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:36:12 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:29:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Oh my!

Back in January, you said there was no right wing majority.....are you eating your words, or did you just forget you ever said that lie?

I said there was no conservative majority, and yeah, I never said there was no majority, I said it wasn't as overwhelming as you made it out to be.

Oh, and, aren't you the loving person that never attacks anyone, and who never attacks Libertarians and Repubs whenever you can?

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:37:20 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:36:12 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Oh my!

I said there was no conservative majority, and yeah, I never said there was no majority, I said it wasn't as overwhelming as you made it out to be.

Oh, and, aren't you the loving person that never attacks anyone, and who never attacks Libertarians and Repubs whenever you can?

Ober just ignore him, he's just going to cop out of the thread like he always does.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:39:26 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:37:20 PM, imabench wrote:
Oh my!

Ober just ignore him, he's just going to cop out of the thread like he always does.

That's incredibly stupid. Essentially he should ignore my post, and but I'm still somehow the one who's copping out....and copping out of what exactly?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:41:31 PM
Some anarchy would be nice.

If that strategy is confirmed at the bi-weekly meeting.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:42:17 PM
Oh my!

Please do not associate Libertarians with filthy Republicans.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:42:51 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:39:26 PM, 000ike wrote:
Oh my!

That's incredibly stupid. Essentially he should ignore my post, and but I'm still somehow the one who's copping out....and copping out of what exactly?

Well the pattern that weve all noticed is you make some sort of derogatory claim against someone you dont like based on their political affiliation, they bring up evidence to reject your claim or prove their arguments, you resort to personal attacks and leave, and then we are back to square 1.....

By the way, 'we' refers to me, Ober, dustpelt, 16k, lordknuckle, lewis, dark, medic, and anybody else who doesnt worship Obama

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:45:50 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:42:17 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Oh my!

Lots of Libertarians are GOP, like Ron Paul. Better to change a already powerful party than make a much weaker and well-known one.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:46:43 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:41:31 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:

Now that I think about it, Royal did leave so the site lost one of its most famous anarcho-capitalists. Maybe a little more anarchy would bring things back to normal.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:47:28 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:42:51 PM, imabench wrote:
Oh my!

Well the pattern that weve all noticed is you make some sort of derogatory claim against someone you dont like based on their political affiliation, they bring up evidence to reject your claim or prove their arguments, you resort to personal attacks and leave, and then we are back to square 1.....

By the way, 'we' refers to me, Ober, dustpelt, 16k, lordknuckle, lewis, dark, medic, and anybody else who doesnt worship Obama

those are all conservatives with the exception of dark and lewis....I don't recall insulting lewis, and darkkermit pisses me off without end..not even for ideological reasons, just that he jumps in and makes some annoying sarcastic comment when he didn't even get the connotation of MEANING of the phrase he was quoting....and then ends up saying something that doesn't make sense.

Oberherr is aggressive. Lordknuckle is aggressive. I have never insulted dustpelt, and I haven't insulted 16k in months.

So, there's your list debunked.
blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:49:11 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:45:50 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Oh my!

Lots of Libertarians are GOP, like Ron Paul. Better to change a already powerful party than make a much weaker and well-known one.

Why, so that you can be counted as GOP and have your views ignored?

Lots of Libertarians are Democrats as well.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:49:35 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:47:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
Oh my!

those are all conservatives with the exception of dark and lewis....I don't recall insulting lewis, and darkkermit pisses me off without end..not even for ideological reasons, just that he jumps in and makes some annoying sarcastic comment when he didn't even get the connotation of MEANING of the phrase he was quoting....and then ends up saying something that doesn't make sense.

Oberherr is aggressive. Lordknuckle is aggressive. I have never insulted dustpelt, and I haven't insulted 16k in months.

These last 3, I have to say are accurate at least to a degree.

"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:49:39 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:46:43 PM, imabench wrote:

Now that I think about it, Royal did leave so the site lost one of its most famous anarcho-capitalists. Maybe a little more anarchy would bring things back to normal.

Anarcho-communist

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:50:14 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:49:11 PM, blameworthy wrote:

^ Very funny. Name 1.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:50:42 PM
Oh my!

'Dark, Ober, and lordknuckle piss me off so they dont count'

Your arguments are hysterical.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:51:20 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:49:39 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/2/2012 9:46:43 PM, imabench wrote:

Anarcho-communist

f*ck, thats what I meant to say.

blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:51:37 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:50:14 PM, Contra wrote:

^ Very funny. Name 1.

Joe Lieberman and I. I just named two.

I should recommend your post to the Weekly Stupid.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:51:46 PM

^ Very funny. Name 1.

Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:52:06 PM

^ Very funny. Name 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:53:18 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:51:37 PM, blameworthy wrote:

^ Very funny. Name 1.

Yeah um youre not really in a good position to recommend what qualifies as stupid...

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:53:50 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:50:42 PM, imabench wrote:

'Dark, Ober, and lordknuckle piss me off so they dont count'

Your arguments are hysterical.

ok Now you're just being a massive douche bag.

1. I never said they don't count, in fact I implied that they were the only ones that DID count.

2. I justified my aggression toward them by pointing out that they are aggressive to me, and what do you do? You ignore that and type that crap.
blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:54:15 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:51:46 PM, imabench wrote:

^ Very funny. Name 1.

Imabench, please include your post in the Weekly Stupid. I have already named three Libertarians who vote Democrats and Nur-Ab-Sal posted a list of at least ten more. Your ignorance qualifies you for the Weekly Stupid. Thanks .
blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:55:42 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:53:18 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/2/2012 9:51:37 PM, blameworthy wrote:

^ Very funny. Name 1.

Yeah um youre not really in a good position to recommend what qualifies as stupid...

Since when were you in that position? I have seen you strawmanning and deliberately misinterpreting Ike in this thread. You are the one who is stupid and the weekly stupid should consist of your quotes alone.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:56:12 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:52:06 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

^ Very funny. Name 1.

Many of those guys support single payer health care/ Obamacare. They are not libertarian in the right wing sense (fiscally conservative, socially liberal). They are only more socially liberal and believe more in civil liberties than mainstream liberals. They still believe in high taxes and entitlements (more so than regular libertarians, If I'm not mistaken).

blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:56:18 PM
I bet OberHerr, Darkkermit, and Imabench congregate to create the Weekly Stupid as a means of ridiculing all opposition on this website.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:58:15 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:56:12 PM, Contra wrote:
At 11/2/2012 9:52:06 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

^ Very funny. Name 1.

Many of those guys support single payer health care/ Obamacare. They are not libertarian in the right wing sense (fiscally conservative, socially liberal). They are only more socially liberal and believe more in civil liberties than mainstream liberals. They still believe in high taxes and entitlements (more so than regular libertarians, If I'm not mistaken).

You don't consider them libertarians :. they're not libertarians...

It's a fairly broad philosophy. Perhaps they just value personal liberty above all else. A ton of opposing ideologies can be justified under such a view.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.