Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Get everything to "0 seconds"!

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 1:06:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm betting it has to do with daylights saving, but everything is showing as "0 seconds" for new posts.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 1:07:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yep. I just noticed, Ore_Ele.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 1:23:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It was everything that was posted in that hour before the time change, then when it went back 1 hour, the posts are in the future and so show as 0 seconds (it actually will allow you to post ahead of others that actually posted ahead of you).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 1:26:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The site recognizes everything in the past hour as having just happened due to the clock being pushed back an hour. While it's not all that significant for things posted in the forums, members should be aware that PMs will no longer be viewable in chronological order for messages sent between 1am and 2am.

For instance, if you received a message at 1:58am (central time) any new messages sent in that PM at 2:05am for example, (now 1:05am) will appear before the message sent at 1:58. Something worth keeping in mind if you are trying to figure out why your new messages aren't appearing (they are, just above the recent messages), or why they are appearing out of order.
Debate.org Moderator
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 1:35:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 1:26:45 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
The site recognizes everything in the past hour as having just happened due to the clock being pushed back an hour. While it's not all that significant for things posted in the forums, members should be aware that PMs will no longer be viewable in chronological order for messages sent between 1am and 2am.

For instance, if you received a message at 1:58am (central time) any new messages sent in that PM at 2:05am for example, (now 1:05am) will appear before the message sent at 1:58. Something worth keeping in mind if you are trying to figure out why your new messages aren't appearing (they are, just above the recent messages), or why they are appearing out of order.

OMG WE LEARNED HOW TO TIME TRAVEL :DDDDD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 1:36:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 1:26:45 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
The site recognizes everything in the past hour as having just happened due to the clock being pushed back an hour. While it's not all that significant for things posted in the forums, members should be aware that PMs will no longer be viewable in chronological order for messages sent between 1am and 2am.

For instance, if you received a message at 1:58am (central time) any new messages sent in that PM at 2:05am for example, (now 1:05am) will appear before the message sent at 1:58. Something worth keeping in mind if you are trying to figure out why your new messages aren't appearing (they are, just above the recent messages), or why they are appearing out of order.

Now we can copy someone and have it appear before their message and then claim that they copied us.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 1:40:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 1:23:15 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
It was everything that was posted in that hour before the time change, then when it went back 1 hour, the posts are in the future and so show as 0 seconds (it actually will allow you to post ahead of others that actually posted ahead of you).

Hmm I just tested it out in your "ducks" thread and it did indeed post before your OP. Good thing it's only going to last for an hour and only affect things posted between 1-2 otherwise there could be a lot of confusion.
Debate.org Moderator
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 1:42:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 1:40:01 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/4/2012 1:23:15 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
It was everything that was posted in that hour before the time change, then when it went back 1 hour, the posts are in the future and so show as 0 seconds (it actually will allow you to post ahead of others that actually posted ahead of you).

Hmm I just tested it out in your "ducks" thread and it did indeed post before your OP. Good thing it's only going to last for an hour and only affect things posted between 1-2 otherwise there could be a lot of confusion.

We need to petition for the end of day lights savings to be on 4/1
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"