Jump to topic:

DDO input boxes

PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 8:55:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Something has felt odd about DDO, specifically typing messages into input boxes, whether its making a post like this one on the forum or in a debate.

Characters seem to randomly drop, especially for someone like me who types fast. I dismissed it as my keyboard getting grungy or something, but I notice a lot of people seem to suffer from random dropped characters, especially the space bar, in their typing here ...

And just now I switched to another forum and really poured on the typing speed in what I was typing, and had not a single dropped character.

If there was some kinda grunge or problem with my keyboard, obviously it should affect both ... but it isn't.

Does anyone else notice an unusual difficulty with dropped characters trying to type messages on DDO?
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 9:14:17 PM
At 10/5/2009 8:55:19 PM, PervRat wrote:
Something has felt odd about DDO, specifically typing messages into input boxes, whether its making a post like this one on the forum or in a debate.

Characters seem to randomly drop, especially for someone like me who types fast. I dismissed it as my keyboard getting grungy or something, but I notice a lot of people seem to suffer from random dropped characters, especially the space bar, in their typing here ...

And just now I switched to another forum and really poured on the typing speed in what I was typing, and had not a single dropped character.

If there was some kinda grunge or problem with my keyboard, obviously it should affect both ... but it isn't.

Does anyone else notice an unusual difficulty with dropped characters trying to type messages on DDO?

No can't say I do. If I did though, it's a simple matter of reading while you type or, if you can't touchtype, proofreading your message before sending it.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 4:56:57 AM
At 10/5/2009 11:52:22 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I've noticed that here as well. Maybe the servers slow.

When you type into an input box, the typing is all done locally. Online util yu submit does DDO's servr come into play.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 5:01:25 AM
I only started having this problem after updating to the new firefox and I remember reading someone else (JCMT?) saying the same thing.

Would be interested to know what browser Leet and anyone else who doesn't have this problem is using.