Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

The recent influx of distaff

Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 11:54:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At leas five, possibly more, of that rare species known as females have suddenly migrated to our site within the past week or so

Is it simply natural law that they come in swarms, or are we desperate nerds indebted to anything more specific?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 2:10:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I don't count them as actual members until they get up on page one of the leader board or rack up a hundred or so posts on the forums. So far, our resident females are Lwerd and ViVeri. No one else actually comes to mind o.o
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 2:21:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/6/2009 2:10:38 PM, Kleptin wrote:
I don't count them as actual members until they get up on page one of the leader board or rack up a hundred or so posts on the forums. So far, our resident females are Lwerd and ViVeri. No one else actually comes to mind o.o

Untitled_entity is pretty active. But I have to agree; until they actually show they'll be active on this site longer than a few days, they can't necessarily be called "members."

And, it is a very sad reflection upon this site when there is a thread created in order to take notice that, oh boy, there are actually girlz on this site!
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 3:49:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I find that the introduction of an "introduce yourself" sticky thread would help retain new members.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
BrandonClark
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 4:03:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 11:54:57 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At leas five, possibly more, of that rare species known as females have suddenly migrated to our site within the past week or so

Is it simply natural law that they come in swarms, or are we desperate nerds indebted to anything more specific?

It's definitely the swarms thing. They're always in groups or doing something with at least one other female. Unless it's a heterosexual date, then they aren't necessarily in packs.
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 6:17:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/6/2009 3:49:38 PM, Kleptin wrote:
I find that the introduction of an "introduce yourself" sticky thread would help retain new members.

Maybe. I'm not really sure, to be honest; I feel that people don't participate as much simply because they don't have anything to say. It isn't hard to break into this community when you actually have something to contribute, and a sticky thread isn't going to change that.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 8:31:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Straight women travel in herds. Therefore, they either are or they aren't on this site. They weren't here, and then they came, as a herd. I predict that in a week or so, they'll leave, as a herd.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
BrandonClark
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 6:34:33 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/6/2009 8:49:02 PM, Volkov wrote:
I don't know whether to laugh or be depressed at the talk of women being in "herds."

I laugh. I laugh at the fact that they probably won't read this even though they are perfectly capable of doing so.
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!