Jump to topic:

DDO Presidency Interview

stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 4:52:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Viper-King interviewed me for the upcoming DDO election. He said I could post it here for you guys to read. Hope you like it and let me know what you think. Thank you for your time.

VK: What qualifies you to be president?

Stubs: I can be a leader in all areas. Whether it is me being captain of multiple sports teams or leading community service projects. I have done both those things. Some might say that those things have no relevancy to Debate.org. However, I believe that leaders are leaders, able to take control and get things done. Debate.org needs someone who can find out what the people want, and make every effort to get those things done. I will do that.

VK: What do you think about the current president's administration?

Stubs: I think Airmax has done a fairly good job. The improvements he has made have been appreciated by me as well others on the site.

VK: What would you attempt to do in your presidency?

Stubs: My first main goal will be to find out exactly what the users of Debate.org actually want and proceed to carry out those request. I will give more preference to those that are more active users on the site because they will benefit more from the changes. That is not to say I will not do everything I can to help make Debate.org a better place for even those that log on just once a week or even less, but I will be giving preference to those users that are more active. My second goal is to make this site more of a community. Within the forums it seems to be a bunch of individuals trying to prove that their view is right and there is not a chance that someone else knows more about something than them. Why aren't we a bunch of individuals that collectively try to grow in our knowledge of all areas as a community? Why don't we try to help one another, not only in our intellectual understanding, but in all areas? We should support one another in any way possible.

VK: Do you believe you can gain support and win this election?

Stubs: I most certainly believe I can gain support and win this election. I think that there is something in everyone on Debate.org that wants that sense of community. They want a positive area in which we can submit ideas and grow intellectually with one another. I will bring that to Debate.org.

VK: What separates you from other candidates?

Stubs: What separates me from the other candidates is my driving desire to bring not only change to debate.org, but to also help the users of Debate.org in any way possible. The other candidates will, hopefully, do their best to bring change if elected. However, I do not think there is a single candidate that genuinely cares more about the well being of all Debate.org users. I will take the time to have conversations with people who are wanting change on the site, who need advice about any situations in life (as I have taken classes counselling and how to bring about change in ones life), or just want to chat about sports or the latest Walking Dead episode. I will be here for whatever anyone wants to talk about.

VK: Why are you running for election?

Stubs: I am running in the election because I want to see all the changes I have talked about and I do not believe anyone will work harder to bring those things about than I will. I am running in the election because I want the best for Debate.org.

VK: Who will be your vice president if you happen to win?

Stubs: I have an idea for my vice president if elected, but I am not announcing at this point in time.

VK: You are virtually unknown and you are not remembered, how do you plan on making yourself known?

Stubs: I do not believe I am that unknown. I have done 19 debates (Won 17 of them), and also have over 1,100 forum post. Most of those post come in the religious forum, but I also post in the sports, philosophy, science, entertainment and ddo forums from time to time. My debate that I won against wiploc about the problem of evil got over 1,500 views.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 5:22:26 PM
"VK: You are virtually unknown and you are not remembered, how do you plan on making yourself known?"
Wut? I think he is one of the more prominent posters in the religion forum.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 5:53:52 PM

Stubs: I have an idea for my vice president if elected, but I am not announcing at this point in time.

Wait, youre not going to choose a VP until AFTER you get elected???
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 5:56:57 PM
At 11/5/2012 5:53:52 PM, imabench wrote:

Wait, youre not going to choose a VP until AFTER you get elected???

No, I'm sorry for answering that in a way that is clear. I was meaning that I will have a vice president if I happen to be elected, but of course I will announce my vice president before the voting takes place.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 11:16:08 PM
At 11/7/2012 11:13:56 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Who are you considering for VP?

He did ask me a couple times
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 7:51:25 AM
At 11/7/2012 11:16:08 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/7/2012 11:13:56 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Who are you considering for VP?

He did ask me a couple times