Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Wallstreetathiest, I'm Calling You Out!!!!

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 11:51:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I originally debated Wallstreetathiest on the topic:

"The Federal Reserve monetary policy was largely responsible for the Financial Crisis of 2008"

You forfeited your 2nd round (1st debating round) against my opening argument. This was around the time of Hurricane Sandy. I allowed you an option to redo the debate and give you an extension due to the storm. We both agreed that it would be counted as a Tie and I'd challenge you to a new debate with the same resolution and the same opening arguments.

However, you have not responded to my debate challenge for a rematch:

http://debate.org...

Plenty of time has passed since Hurricane Sandy and you've been online, so I know your not having trouble with power.

Furthermore, while looking for the original debate, I noticed this:

The debate was deleted. And it turns out that you asked airmax to delete the debate, even though I still needed that debate to copy down my original arguments that I spent a long time development.

Here's a screenshot showing that airmax admitted to deleting the debate under your request.

So not only do I no longer have an opening argument, but I can't claim the victory that should be mine If you decided to quit. So here's what I'm thinking. You didn't have a good argument against me. Instead of manning up and accepting the loss or at least continuing the debate, you destroyed the original debate and are refusing to accept the new one even though the challenge has been up for days. It have all my stuff from my opening debate completely deleted so If you do accept the debate, I have to start from scratch you little prick.

WSA, MAN UP AND FIGHT ME YOU COWARD!!!!
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 12:11:50 AM
Stuff just got real up in the hizzhouse
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 12:23:47 AM
This is why I don't accept ties. When my power went out for a week, I walked 2 miles to type my arguments an hour at a time at the city library.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 12:28:37 AM
At 11/6/2012 12:23:47 AM, Maikuru wrote:
This is why I don't accept ties. When my power went out for a week, I walked 2 miles to type my arguments an hour at a time at the city library.

See, if you play this song while reading that, it becomes inspirational.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 12:30:53 AM
At 11/6/2012 12:28:37 AM, OberHerr wrote:

See, if you play this song while reading that, it becomes inspirational.

LMAO!
- lamerde

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 12:34:00 AM

Well, I probably shouldn't have given him the leeway in hindsight, but I had no idea that my debate would've been deleted. If he didn't accept my second debate challenge, I was just going to have someone vote on the first debate and explained he broke the tie agreement.
Open borders debate:
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 12:19:21 PM
At 11/6/2012 12:00:46 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Sh*t just hit the fan.

Mythbusters tested that. Sh!t hitting a fan is surprisingly anticlimactic.
- lamerde

Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 1:00:43 PM
So Airmax1227 just deletes serious/non-troll debates at people's request without any consent from the other member? Interesting.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 1:15:13 PM
At 11/6/2012 12:19:21 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/6/2012 12:00:46 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Sh*t just hit the fan.

Mythbusters tested that. Sh!t hitting a fan is surprisingly anticlimactic.

I actually saw that. I thought it was funny to watch.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 1:17:34 PM
At 11/6/2012 1:00:43 PM, Viper-King wrote:
So Airmax1227 just deletes serious/non-troll debates at people's request without any consent from the other member? Interesting.
Airmax wants both debaters to agree first. It's rare, as far as I'm aware, that he deletes debates if only one debater asks. I asked to delete a debate where I expected my opponent to forfeit (and he did), but Airmax wanted to let it be as it is. That's fair.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 1:52:07 PM
At 11/6/2012 1:17:34 PM, Mirza wrote:
Airmax wants both debaters to agree first. It's rare, as far as I'm aware, that he deletes debates if only one debater asks. I asked to delete a debate where I expected my opponent to forfeit (and he did), but Airmax wanted to let it be as it is. That's fair.
Agreed. I do believe that WSA manipulated his relationship with Airmax to his advantage in this scenario and Airmax was a pawn. I have not seen any other cases of this happening and usually Airmax only deletes useless debates.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 2:02:50 PM
Wait. WSA told me he'd challenge me to a debate weeks ago. Is Airmax deleting the challenge before WSA even sends it out? Hmm. Gonna increase my suing experience.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 4:20:05 PM
At 11/6/2012 2:02:50 PM, Mirza wrote:
Wait. WSA told me he'd challenge me to a debate weeks ago. Is Airmax deleting the challenge before WSA even sends it out? Hmm. Gonna increase my suing experience.

How he hell do you delete a debate challenge before its even made???
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 4:23:22 PM
At 11/6/2012 4:20:05 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/6/2012 2:02:50 PM, Mirza wrote:

How he hell do you delete a debate challenge before its even made???

With skill.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 9:40:35 PM
At 11/6/2012 1:52:07 PM, Viper-King wrote:
Agreed. I do believe that WSA manipulated his relationship with Airmax to his advantage in this scenario and Airmax was a pawn. I have not seen any other cases of this happening and usually Airmax only deletes useless debates.

I wish Wallstreetatheist would respond, so we can get a more comprehensive view of what is going on here...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 9:56:29 PM
At 11/6/2012 9:40:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I wish Wallstreetatheist would respond, so we can get a more comprehensive view of what is going on here...

Agreed.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 10:25:55 PM
At 11/6/2012 9:56:29 PM, Viper-King wrote:

Agreed.

All WSA did was report the debate, asking for it to be deleted. I looked at the report and the debate and too hastily concluded that Kermit had agreed. In general I've asked that both members PM me saying that they want it deleted. In this case, I believed that based on WSAs report and from what I saw in the debate there was enough justification to delete it, having figuring both debaters had agreed to the deletion.

Unfortunately I was incorrect, and Kermit is justifiably upset about it. In the future I will not delete debates unless both participants PM me saying they want it deleted. I get many such requests, so I ask all members that want debates to be deleted to send me a PM with the other person included so they can verify that they too want it deleted.

Reports asking for debates to be deleted for reason of FF or similar will otherwise be dismissed.
Debate.org Moderator
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:01:28 AM
Just sent this to his facebook.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 2:10:03 PM
At 11/6/2012 10:25:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Agreed.

All WSA did was report the debate, asking for it to be deleted. I looked at the report and the debate and too hastily concluded that Kermit had agreed. In general I've asked that both members PM me saying that they want it deleted. In this case, I believed that based on WSAs report and from what I saw in the debate there was enough justification to delete it, having figuring both debaters had agreed to the deletion.

Unfortunately I was incorrect, and Kermit is justifiably upset about it. In the future I will not delete debates unless both participants PM me saying they want it deleted. I get many such requests, so I ask all members that want debates to be deleted to send me a PM with the other person included so they can verify that they too want it deleted.

Reports asking for debates to be deleted for reason of FF or similar will otherwise be dismissed.

What if I'm stuck with a tie that the other guy FF on? Just asking?

And DK that really suck, I hope WSJ takes up your offer and redoes the debate.
Me
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 8:34:05 PM
At 11/7/2012 2:10:03 PM, yoda878 wrote:
At 11/6/2012 10:25:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Agreed.

What if I'm stuck with a tie that the other guy FF on? Just asking?

Debates without votes happen, and are even more likely when a FF occurs. I'm not going to delete debates because of that. Be sure to post the debate to the unvoted/FF/VB thread when that's the case, and someone will almost always be sure to at least award you one point for the FF so it doesn't end in a tie.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 5:33:36 AM
At 11/5/2012 11:51:51 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I originally debated Wallstreetathiest on the topic:

"The Federal Reserve monetary policy was largely responsible for the Financial Crisis of 2008"

You forfeited your 2nd round (1st debating round) against my opening argument. This was around the time of Hurricane Sandy. I allowed you an option to redo the debate and give you an extension due to the storm. We both agreed that it would be counted as a Tie and I'd challenge you to a new debate with the same resolution and the same opening arguments.

However, you have not responded to my debate challenge for a rematch:

Plenty of time has passed since Hurricane Sandy and you've been online, so I know your not having trouble with power.

Furthermore, while looking for the original debate, I noticed this:

The debate was deleted. And it turns out that you asked airmax to delete the debate, even though I still needed that debate to copy down my original arguments that I spent a long time development.

Here's a screenshot showing that airmax admitted to deleting the debate under your request.

So not only do I no longer have an opening argument, but I can't claim the victory that should be mine If you decided to quit. So here's what I'm thinking. You didn't have a good argument against me. Instead of manning up and accepting the loss or at least continuing the debate, you destroyed the original debate and are refusing to accept the new one even though the challenge has been up for days. It have all my stuff from my opening debate completely deleted so If you do accept the debate, I have to start from scratch you little prick.

WSA, MAN UP AND FIGHT ME YOU COWARD!!!!

This was a fairly unusual thread.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 12:34:34 AM
At 11/11/2012 12:24:02 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Let's do the thing!

You want to have sex with the thing from fantastic four?
Weird........

Oh well, I still accept you.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 12:45:18 AM
At 11/11/2012 12:34:34 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Let's do the thing!

Weird........

My body, my choice.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 1:09:18 AM
At 11/11/2012 12:45:18 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/11/2012 12:34:34 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Let's do the thing!

Weird........

My body, my choice.

Nuh uh. your body, the universe's choice.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.