Jump to topic:

Assistance With Account Confirmation

The_Chaos_Heart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 8:29:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would have made this a PM, but the user in question I though I should PM has their inbox turned off it seems, and I do not know who else to contact.

When I first made this account on this website, I attempted to register my cell number to complete the registration. However, curiously, I was informed my cell number was already in use by another account. It's possible I made an account a few years back when I visited this site doing research for a high school debate resolution, but doubtful. I tried signing in under any username I thought I may have created on this website, all in vain. I sent a few emails asking if anything could be done about the problem, but I received no response. Being able to debate, I simply ignored it, and went about my business.

But now it's really beginning to bother me. I'd like to be able to fully complete registration. Yet the site still claims my cell number has been registered by someone else. Is there someone who can help me with this?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 4:19:08 PM
We're thinking about changing the verification method. There's always been issues with using a cell phone number.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 4:56:45 PM
At 11/10/2012 4:19:08 PM, FREEDO wrote:
We're thinking about changing the verification method. There's always been issues with using a cell phone number.

This isn't really an issue. Cell phone verification is a sound method for the most part, and members who have issues with that method can now easily have their account verified since its been a made a mod function and no longer requires Juggle to do it themselves.

Any member who needs verification can contact me and have their account verified within minutes after I check out their account.

I'm not sure who the OP is referring to, but I certainly haven't received any message from them.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 5:14:56 PM
@The_Chaos_Heart

Your account has now been verified.

Please keep in mind that voting is a privilege and that the community expects that all votes be thoughtful and be placed with a proper RFD explaining every point that you award. Displaying poor voting conduct may result in having your voting privileges removed or possibly having your membership revoked.

Have fun and enjoy the site.

If you have any further concerns, questions, comments or need anything at all, always feel free to get in contact me with.
Debate.org Moderator