Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Ike. get in here!

JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 11:28:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Enough is enough, your open disdain for people is sickening. Get over yourself.

1 - Just because someone is conservative or doesn't like Obama doesn't mean the are stupid or racist.

2 - Just because someone lives in a state with a poor education system doesn't mean they are stupid.

You are a hypocrite, you call people racists(that they discriminate based off of irrelevant characteristics) based off of irrelevant characteristics such as location.

Get over yourself!
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 11:30:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
For a second I thought this was going to be a porn thread based on the title....

I was way off....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Posts: 14,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 11:59:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/10/2012 11:43:27 PM, darkkermit wrote:
he's a northeastern supremacist and regionalist against southern people.

I admit that even though I dont really give a sh*t about the south, his (seeming) complete lack of understanding towards its culture and history does irk me. Idk, it just comes off as the same as the people who criticize Africa or the M. East without realizing that much of the problems within those regions is the fault of outside influence (western), so you cant really judge the people entirely based off that
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 12:10:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was doing just fine justifying myself in the thread where this issue originated. that is where I provided links and statistics. Starting a meaningless flamewar thread is just a cowardly tactic to amass opposition where the case in favor of my argument is not present. How disgraceful.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 12:12:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 12:10:51 AM, 000ike wrote:
I was doing just fine justifying myself in the thread where this issue originated. that is where I provided links and statistics. Starting a meaningless flamewar thread is just a cowardly tactic to amass opposition where the case in favor of my argument is not present. How disgraceful.

Clearly you are the one who suffered from poor education... did you read my post?

How do you justify equating low-quality educations with stupidity?

How do you justify discriminating against people solely based off of location, while simultaneously for discriminating against people solely based off of race?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 12:14:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 12:10:51 AM, 000ike wrote:
I was doing just fine justifying myself in the thread where this issue originated. that is where I provided links and statistics. Starting a meaningless flamewar thread is just a cowardly tactic to amass opposition where the case in favor of my argument is not present. How disgraceful.

You are so pathetic ike... you disgrace DDO. A site dedicated to DEBATE, forming and rebutting arguments backed with quality sources... forming logically sound arguments... and what should be a good community to learn from other people.

Yet you come in here, jump into threads IMMEDIATELY INSULTING PEOPLE, making baseless accusations, and running away when someone responds.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 1:29:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 12:12:28 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/11/2012 12:10:51 AM, 000ike wrote:
I was doing just fine justifying myself in the thread where this issue originated. that is where I provided links and statistics. Starting a meaningless flamewar thread is just a cowardly tactic to amass opposition where the case in favor of my argument is not present. How disgraceful.

Clearly you are the one who suffered from poor education... did you read my post?

How do you justify equating low-quality educations with stupidity?
Iq is heavily dependent on enviroment.
How do you justify discriminating against people solely based off of location, while simultaneously for discriminating against people solely based off of race?

"How can you hate hitler because he hated Jews?"
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 2:47:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This thread is unnecessary. The issue can easily be solved through a debate or merely by addressing Ike's arguments wherever they were made originally.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 3:19:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 2:47:27 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
This thread is unnecessary. The issue can easily be solved through a debate or merely by addressing Ike's arguments wherever they were made originally.

Hey man you get out of here with that logic and reasoning. This forum has no place for it. The DDO section is reserved for A. Trolling or B. calling people out. Nothing else!
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 5:29:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 5:21:06 PM, Mirza wrote:
May I add to this: Ike, start debating!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 5:31:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 5:29:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/11/2012 5:21:06 PM, Mirza wrote:
May I add to this: Ike, start debating!

I've debated you like 3 times before SP, why the fvk are you quoting this?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 5:33:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 5:31:11 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/11/2012 5:29:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/11/2012 5:21:06 PM, Mirza wrote:
May I add to this: Ike, start debating!

I've debated you like 3 times before SP, why the fvk are you quoting this?

Because I want you to grow a pair and debate me on anarchism. But we all know you're economically illiterate so here's to your transparent excuses.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 5:39:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 5:33:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/11/2012 5:31:11 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/11/2012 5:29:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/11/2012 5:21:06 PM, Mirza wrote:
May I add to this: Ike, start debating!

I've debated you like 3 times before SP, why the fvk are you quoting this?

Because I want you to grow a pair and debate me on anarchism. But we all know you're economically illiterate so here's to your transparent excuses.

You're an idiot..you really are. I said that I don't dispute the technical postulations of your market anarchy because I have not studied economics....which, by any measure qualifies as a concession. This was long since established. So I have argued with you heretofore on the practicality of advocating anarchy...in concert with the relevance and overall power of heretical ideologies and the objective truth (or lack thereof) that they are predicated on.

So...you either have quite a sh!tty memory, or you're just being a petulant brat because I didn't bow before your irrelevant political theory. By the way, you don't just get to have a debate whenever you ask for it. I'll challenge you when I'm ready. I did the same thing with the issue of secession (where you forfeited rounds and lost)...and did the same thing with the issue of discourse ethics (where you didn't forfeit, but still lost)....and I will do the same thing with the practicality of advocating anarchy. So be patient and calm the f*ck down. Alright?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 5:45:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 12:14:20 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/11/2012 12:10:51 AM, 000ike wrote:
I was doing just fine justifying myself in the thread where this issue originated. that is where I provided links and statistics. Starting a meaningless flamewar thread is just a cowardly tactic to amass opposition where the case in favor of my argument is not present. How disgraceful.

You are so pathetic ike... you disgrace DDO. A site dedicated to DEBATE, forming and rebutting arguments backed with quality sources... forming logically sound arguments... and what should be a good community to learn from other people.

Yet you come in here, jump into threads IMMEDIATELY INSULTING PEOPLE, making baseless accusations, and running away when someone responds.

Hey, Ike is important, he prevents this site from entering a situation called group polarization, i.e. a lack of major debate.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 5:52:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 5:39:59 PM, 000ike wrote:

You're an idiot..you really are. I said that I don't dispute the technical postulations of your market anarchy because I have not studied economics....which, by any measure qualifies as a concession. This was long since established. So I have argued with you heretofore on the practicality of advocating anarchy...in concert with the relevance and overall power of heretical ideologies and the objective truth (or lack thereof) that they are predicated on.

You continue to call anarchism ridiculous yet you admit you have no idea what you're talking about. Fun stuff. At this point you've given up on actual argumentation but you're too much of a partisan hack to ctually switch positions (or even argue rationally for your own) so you're just arguing that it doesn't make sense to advocate. This has to be the epitome of grasping at straws.

So...you either have quite a sh!tty memory,

Cocaine's a hell of a drug- Rick James

or you're just being a petulant brat because I didn't bow before your irrelevant political theory.

Hurr durr dem abolitionists are irrelevant. I know I can't actually refute what they're saying but I'm too stubborn to admit when I'm wrong.

*Ike in 1863* (I don't know where he got the time machine)

By the way, you don't just get to have a debate whenever you ask for it. I'll challenge you when I'm ready. I did the same thing with the issue of secession (where you forfeited rounds and lost)

Do you want to re-debate it? I'm down with that.

...and did the same thing with the issue of discourse ethics (where you didn't forfeit, but still lost)....

Same as above.

and I will do the same thing with the practicality of advocating anarchy.

Tha'ts a retarded debate idea and you should feel bad for having it.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 5:57:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 5:39:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
So be patient and calm the f*ck down. Alright?
Be patient, guys. You can all wait 20 years for him to challenge y'all.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 6:06:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 5:52:11 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/11/2012 5:39:59 PM, 000ike wrote:

You're an idiot..you really are. I said that I don't dispute the technical postulations of your market anarchy because I have not studied economics....which, by any measure qualifies as a concession. This was long since established. So I have argued with you heretofore on the practicality of advocating anarchy...in concert with the relevance and overall power of heretical ideologies and the objective truth (or lack thereof) that they are predicated on.

You continue to call anarchism ridiculous yet you admit you have no idea what you're talking about. Fun stuff. At this point you've given up on actual argumentation but you're too much of a partisan hack to ctually switch positions (or even argue rationally for your own) so you're just arguing that it doesn't make sense to advocate. This has to be the epitome of grasping at straws.

You're an idiot that doesn't even know when its appropriate to call someone a partisan hack. You think its some buzzword you can fling whenever you don't agree with me. lol that's not what it means, dumb@ss.

So...you either have quite a sh!tty memory,

Cocaine's a hell of a drug- Rick James

or you're just being a petulant brat because I didn't bow before your irrelevant political theory.

Hurr durr dem abolitionists are irrelevant. I know I can't actually refute what they're saying but I'm too stubborn to admit when I'm wrong.

*Ike in 1863* (I don't know where he got the time machine)

By the way, you don't just get to have a debate whenever you ask for it. I'll challenge you when I'm ready. I did the same thing with the issue of secession (where you forfeited rounds and lost)

Do you want to re-debate it? I'm down with that.
I'm not going to re-debate you like 10 times on the same issue just because you lost.
...and did the same thing with the issue of discourse ethics (where you didn't forfeit, but still lost)....

Same as above.

same as above. ESPECIALLY since this one was a real debate where you had your chance to fully expound your position. So no.
and I will do the same thing with the practicality of advocating anarchy.

Tha'ts a retarded debate idea and you should feel bad for having it.

That's my position. So if you don't like that debate, stop bothering me for a challenge you moron.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 6:16:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 6:06:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/11/2012 5:52:11 PM, socialpinko wrote:
You continue to call anarchism ridiculous yet you admit you have no idea what you're talking about. Fun stuff. At this point you've given up on actual argumentation but you're too much of a partisan hack to ctually switch positions (or even argue rationally for your own) so you're just arguing that it doesn't make sense to advocate. This has to be the epitome of grasping at straws.

You're an idiot that doesn't even know when its appropriate to call someone a partisan hack. You think its some buzzword you can fling whenever you don't agree with me. lol that's not what it means, dumb@ss.

That's okay, I didn't want you to respond to my argument anyways.

or you're just being a petulant brat because I didn't bow before your irrelevant political theory.

Hurr durr dem abolitionists are irrelevant. I know I can't actually refute what they're saying but I'm too stubborn to admit when I'm wrong.

*Ike in 1863* (I don't know where he got the time machine)

I'd actually like a response. I don't understand why calling something "irrelevant" irrespective of truth value counts as a valid argument.

Do you want to re-debate it? I'm down with that.
I'm not going to re-debate you like 10 times on the same issue just because you lost.

I didn't say that. I asked if *you* wanted to re-debate it. If you don't that's fine. And that's not actually why I want to, I forfeited so we didn't have a chance to finish properly.

same as above. ESPECIALLY since this one was a real debate where you had your chance to fully expound your position. So no.

What exactly do you think "same as above" means. I only mean I'm willing to re-debate it if you want, especially since I have my own argument for it now. But you're obviously committed to not debating so whatevs.

That's my position. So if you don't like that debate, stop bothering me for a challenge you moron.

Then your position is retarded. Btw your name calling is rather hurtful sir. Furthermore your blatant cop out is funny actually. Don't know two shlts about economics? Just whine about how the person you disagree with doesn't hold a popular opinion!!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 6:19:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
-idiot (2x)
-petulant brat
-dumb@ss

Just in this thread. Let's play a drinking game. Every time Ike calls you a name, take a shot, snort a line, and remind him that he's economically illiterate.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 6:24:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 1:29:48 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 11/11/2012 12:12:28 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/11/2012 12:10:51 AM, 000ike wrote:
I was doing just fine justifying myself in the thread where this issue originated. that is where I provided links and statistics. Starting a meaningless flamewar thread is just a cowardly tactic to amass opposition where the case in favor of my argument is not present. How disgraceful.

Clearly you are the one who suffered from poor education... did you read my post?

How do you justify equating low-quality educations with stupidity?
Iq is heavily dependent on enviroment.

Intelligence and education are not the same thing. Ike thinks anyone who went through a lower-quality school system is stupid, when the truth is, they are likely just less-educated.

Also, lol at your sentence.

How do you justify discriminating against people solely based off of location, while simultaneously for discriminating against people solely based off of race?

"How can you hate hitler because he hated Jews?"

Should have read 'while simultaneously criticizing people for discriminating against people solely based off of race?'

I don't think your question makes the point you think it makes.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 6:26:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 5:31:11 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/11/2012 5:29:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/11/2012 5:21:06 PM, Mirza wrote:
May I add to this: Ike, start debating!

I've debated you like 3 times before SP, why the fvk are you quoting this?

Meh, you're a coward. You run from challenges to your statements in the forums. You won't debate me either.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 6:29:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 6:19:38 PM, socialpinko wrote:
remind him that he's economically illiterate.
I think he takes that as a compliment.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 9:56:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 5:29:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/11/2012 5:21:06 PM, Mirza wrote:
May I add to this: Ike, start debating!
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 10:11:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 2:47:27 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
This thread is unnecessary. The issue can easily be solved through a debate or merely by addressing Ike's arguments wherever they were made originally.

It is difficult to grasp, let alone hold onto, an elusive vision that blends into the whiffs of blue and white of the mounted sky, sir.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau