Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Political ideologies

Aldric_Winterblade
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 9:37:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is there any chance we could get "National Socialism" added to the drop-down menu of political ideologies in the profile editor? Thanks!

-A.W.
Aldric_Winterblade
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 9:50:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lol why not? Can't really have a debate site for all ideologies without those ideologies even being listed. :P Well, obviously you can but... you get what I'm saying, lol.

-A.W.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 10:15:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm an anarchist but anarchism isn't alone sufficient to describe my view since there are several anarchists (on this site alone) who very well disagree with me politically. That's where the *Beliefs* section comes in on your profile. The political ideology option is general for a reason, because there's no objective cut off point. They just have to be general enough and allow for specification at some other point. If you're a Nazi, I'd recommend just listing yourself under Fascist in the political ideology section and listing racist dick under beliefs.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Aldric_Winterblade
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 10:23:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 10:15:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm an anarchist but anarchism isn't alone sufficient to describe my view since there are several anarchists (on this site alone) who very well disagree with me politically. That's where the *Beliefs* section comes in on your profile. The political ideology option is general for a reason, because there's no objective cut off point. They just have to be general enough and allow for specification at some other point. If you're a Nazi, I'd recommend just listing yourself under Fascist in the political ideology section and listing racist dick under beliefs.

There's no option for fascism, either (I thought of that). And by the way, I see no reason for the personal insults. It's funny how we "racist d***s" are usually the ones who act civil, and our detractors are the ones displaying the hate towards us.

-A.W.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 10:42:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 10:23:26 PM, Aldric_Winterblade wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:15:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm an anarchist but anarchism isn't alone sufficient to describe my view since there are several anarchists (on this site alone) who very well disagree with me politically. That's where the *Beliefs* section comes in on your profile. The political ideology option is general for a reason, because there's no objective cut off point. They just have to be general enough and allow for specification at some other point. If you're a Nazi, I'd recommend just listing yourself under Fascist in the political ideology section and listing racist dick under beliefs.

There's no option for fascism, either (I thought of that). And by the way, I see no reason for the personal insults. It's funny how we "racist d***s" are usually the ones who act civil, and our detractors are the ones displaying the hate towards us.

-A.W.

I was making a joke although I don't feel particularly obliged to do so. And if there isn't how about socialist then? Get it, national *socialism*. Of course I think adding in fascist would be better than National Socialist (which you can list under your party) since it's more general and lends itself to different types of fascism.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Aldric_Winterblade
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 10:44:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 10:42:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I was making a joke although I don't feel particularly obliged to do so. And if there isn't how about socialist then? Get it, national *socialism*. Of course I think adding in fascist would be better than National Socialist (which you can list under your party) since it's more general and lends itself to different types of fascism.

Yeah I thought of that, but the trouble is, most people look at "Socialism" and think "liberal." NS is most definitely a form of socialism, but, meh. That's the thing, it's not exactly fascism, or socialism, but I guess overall it's closer to fascism. And I agree with you, that fascism would be a better thing to add because, you're right, it would encompass more ideologies.

-A.W.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 11:09:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I always thought it was odd this site didn't have fascism listed. It is a legit ideology afterall and there's at least a few people here who subscribe to it.
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 11:09:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 10:15:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm an anarchist but anarchism isn't alone sufficient to describe my view since there are several anarchists (on this site alone) who very well disagree with me politically. That's where the *Beliefs* section comes in on your profile. The political ideology option is general for a reason, because there's no objective cut off point. They just have to be general enough and allow for specification at some other point. If you're a Nazi, I'd recommend just listing yourself under Fascist in the political ideology section and listing racist dick under beliefs.

"I'm an anarchist but anarchism isn't alone sufficient to describe my view "

None of the choices are sufficient enough to describe anyones views about anything. Well maybe the brain washed simple minded regurgitators would find it sufficient. By the way that wasn't directed at anyone directly just brain washed simple minded regurgitators.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 3:21:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 11:09:20 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I always thought it was odd this site didn't have fascism listed. It is a legit ideology afterall and there's at least a few people here who subscribe to it.

Pshh, name one?!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 3:23:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would say welcome to the site, but I see that you joined over a year ago? After being gone for over a year, what prompted you to make a post about not being adequately represented in the ideologies category?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
MilitaryAtheist
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 3:24:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 3:21:01 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/11/2012 11:09:20 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I always thought it was odd this site didn't have fascism listed. It is a legit ideology afterall and there's at least a few people here who subscribe to it.

Pshh, name one?!

LordKnuckle. He may deny it, but thats the denial talking.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 4:39:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've noticed the absence myself. It should definitely be there.

Also, Pantheism should be added the religions.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord