Debate. Org Presidential Election?

Samyul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 4:06:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey everyone,
I am new to the site, and have heard of talk of a debate.org election? No, I am not interested in running, but I would like to know more about what's going on. Here are a couple basic questions I have, and am wondering if anyone could answer?

1) Is there a presidential election, and if there is, where is the voting?
2) What does the President/Vice President do on this site?
3) Is there an official page with information about the election?
4) Is there more titles other than President and Vp?
-Samyul
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 4:29:31 PM
At 11/13/2012 4:06:17 PM, Samyul wrote:
Hey everyone,
I am new to the site, and have heard of talk of a debate.org election? No, I am not interested in running, but I would like to know more about what's going on. Here are a couple basic questions I have, and am wondering if anyone could answer?

Hi. Welcome to the site!

1) Is there a presidential election, and if there is, where is the voting?

Yes, there is. It will be held in a thread created for it and that thread will be in this forum in about month or so.

2) What does the President/Vice President do on this site?

The President acts as the primary representative between the site community and Juggle, the owners of the site.

The mod is a separate position from the president but it may be kept that the same person holds both positions, as they have in the past.

The Vice-President is the president's personal adviser and also keeps communication with Juggle.

3) Is there an official page with information about the election?

Any information you want, you can get from active members or from Airmax, the current president. You'll see more and more threads on it as the election approaches.

The requirements for being able to vote in the election are completing 5 debates or having made 500 posts. This shows that you are active in the community and limits cheating in the election.

4) Is there more titles other than President and Vp?

Currently, no. Besides Juggle staff and members who may be given back-up modding abilities.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 4:58:27 PM
Btw, I responded to your message. There's a bug where it often won't notify you when someone sends the first reply to message you sent.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 6:25:56 PM
At 11/13/2012 6:20:03 PM, Samyul wrote:
So. Where "would" I vote again? I didn't really catch that. And where are the candidates listed?

It would be in a thread that is not yet created.

The incumbent is Airmax. I'm his VP candidate.

Here is the thread introducing the primary for his main opponent:
http://debate.org...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord