Jump to topic:

I can't put up pictures.

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 5:38:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm trying to make a new debate, and I need to put a picture in it. It shows up when I'm editing it, but when I go to the review all I get is this: http://debate.org......; alt="" />

(ignore the link to the homepage, that was made into a link when I posted it here)

Is this a known error? Is there something I'm doing wrong?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 5:40:57 PM
Yes, I did copy the image directly.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 5:41:19 PM
At 11/15/2012 5:39:58 PM, Koopin wrote:
Are you uploading the picture to DDO?

Obviously...
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 5:47:07 PM
Anybody?
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:04:31 PM
Just keep on trying and eventually it should work. If you're uploading it to an album (I've forgotten the OP), try uploading multiple pics at the same time, then just delete the extras afterwards.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:05:16 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:04:31 PM, phantom wrote:
Just keep on trying and eventually it should work. If you're uploading it to an album (I've forgotten the OP), try uploading multiple pics at the same time, then just delete the extras afterwards.

Nvm
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:08:13 PM

I'm talking about uploading it to a debate. I can see the picture upload properly when I'm editing, but it won't show up in the review.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:18:42 PM
Everyone is too preoccupied with imabench's ridiculous thread to notice...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:24:59 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:08:13 PM, MouthWash wrote:

I'm talking about uploading it to a debate. I can see the picture upload properly when I'm editing, but it won't show up in the review.

Maybe it's the file format. If it's not BMP, GIF, JPG, PCX, PNG, PSD, or TIF, I recommend changing it to one of those and trying again.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:27:44 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:24:59 PM, phantom wrote:

Maybe it's the file format. If it's not BMP, GIF, JPG, PCX, PNG, PSD, or TIF, I recommend changing it to one of those and trying again.

It's PNG. I did everything right, I'm pretty sure.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:43:12 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:27:44 PM, MouthWash wrote:

Which pictures are you trying to use? And you uploaded them to a ddo album right? (Just checking)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:48:46 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:43:12 PM, phantom wrote:

Which pictures are you trying to use? And you uploaded them to a ddo album right? (Just checking)

Haven't you read the thread? Lol. Anyway, I just went and created a new debate, copied the contents of the old into it, got a different image (JPG), and used the basic uploader this time. The same thing happened.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:49:26 PM
Oh, and I deleted the original album and made a new one.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:54:16 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:48:46 PM, MouthWash wrote:

Haven't you read the thread? Lol.

Yes, and it didn't say anything about which photos you were trying to upload or whether you made an album.

Anyway, I just went and created a new debate, copied the contents of the old into it, got a different image (JPG), and used the basic uploader this time. The same thing happened.

idk
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:56:20 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:18:42 PM, MouthWash wrote:
kfc
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:00:02 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:54:16 PM, phantom wrote:
At 11/15/2012 6:48:46 PM, MouthWash wrote:

Haven't you read the thread? Lol.

Yes, and it didn't say anything about which photos you were trying to upload or whether you made an album.

Fifth post down...

Anyway, I just went and created a new debate, copied the contents of the old into it, got a different image (JPG), and used the basic uploader this time. The same thing happened.

idk
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:01:41 PM
At 11/15/2012 6:56:20 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 6:18:42 PM, MouthWash wrote:

No wonder everyone is voting for you and Spinko.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:05:33 PM
You're probably using Firefox. It tends to bug the copy/paste clipboard process. Use Internet explorer.

Also, use tabbed browsing to make sure your clipboard isn't being hijacked by another process. In one tab, have your debate text editor, in the other tab, have you photo album.
Select your image, right-click and select "copy".

Go to your first tab and right click in the argument text box. Select paste.
make sure you're using "rich text", not plain text for your text editor.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:12:41 PM
At 11/15/2012 7:05:33 PM, Heineken wrote:
You're probably using Firefox. It tends to bug the copy/paste clipboard process. Use Internet explorer.

Also, use tabbed browsing to make sure your clipboard isn't being hijacked by another process. In one tab, have your debate text editor, in the other tab, have you photo album.
Select your image, right-click and select "copy".

Go to your first tab and right click in the argument text box. Select paste.
make sure you're using "rich text", not plain text for your text editor.

I did everything that you said. I use Google Chrome.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:16:35 PM
Ok...so try internet explorer.

I would also try deleting the image and creating a new album and uploading it.

To make sure that your clipboard isn't bugged, try pasting it locally into a rich text document using MS word.
Vidi, vici, veni.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:20:02 PM
At 11/15/2012 7:16:35 PM, Heineken wrote:

To make sure that your clipboard isn't bugged, try pasting it locally into a rich text document using MS word.

I just switched to explorer. It finally showed up in the review, but there's another bug after I released it: http://www.debate.org...
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:25:18 PM
At 11/15/2012 7:20:02 PM, MouthWash wrote:

I just switched to explorer. It finally showed up in the review, but there's another bug after I released it: http://www.debate.org...

Nevermind, it was too big but I fixed it.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:37:44 PM
At 11/15/2012 7:25:18 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/15/2012 7:20:02 PM, MouthWash wrote:

Nevermind, it was too big but I fixed it.

Yea....I had a similar problem earlier. I stick to explorer for debates now. It just works better.
Vidi, vici, veni.