Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Statist majority!!!!1one!!

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:37:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If you want to see an example of a circlejerk on DDO, start a thread pertaining to anarchism.

The problem is that the site just goes in the same direction. People that come in here and are persistently statist. I don't believe this is because of some grand correctness of that ideology, I think it's just a desire to "fit in" and be dramatically inducted into the reigning crowd, sometimes this is on purpose, other times it occurs subconsciously...OR people are more easily persuaded because the preexisting statist majority leaves other opinions grossly underrepresented, and in the ubiquitous persistence of certain ideas, whatever conviction you had about anything that wasn't statist, would begin to soften, if not fall entirely. And so the trend continues.

So, yes, I will say the site has a "circle jerk" problem, and it's apparently contagious.

We've literally only got me, WSA, Cody, Tv, and Jat!!!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:40:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Please point us to a thread...statists vs. anarchists, in which you were allegedly "circle-jerked".

k thx.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:43:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh, yeah.

Sorry about not having me on your side.I tried anarchism on for size. It didn't take.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 7:52:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 7:37:08 PM, socialpinko wrote:
If you want to see an example of a circlejerk on DDO, start a thread pertaining to anarchism.

The problem is that the site just goes in the same direction. People that come in here and are persistently statist. I don't believe this is because of some grand correctness of that ideology, I think it's just a desire to "fit in" and be dramatically inducted into the reigning crowd, sometimes this is on purpose, other times it occurs subconsciously...OR people are more easily persuaded because the preexisting statist majority leaves other opinions grossly underrepresented, and in the ubiquitous persistence of certain ideas, whatever conviction you had about anything that wasn't statist, would begin to soften, if not fall entirely. And so the trend continues.

So, yes, I will say the site has a "circle jerk" problem, and it's apparently contagious.

We've literally only got me, WSA, Cody, Tv, and Jat!!!

If the State paid me enough, I would totally drop Anarchism as my ideology.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 11:11:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 7:52:47 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/15/2012 7:37:08 PM, socialpinko wrote:
If you want to see an example of a circlejerk on DDO, start a thread pertaining to anarchism.

The problem is that the site just goes in the same direction. People that come in here and are persistently statist. I don't believe this is because of some grand correctness of that ideology, I think it's just a desire to "fit in" and be dramatically inducted into the reigning crowd, sometimes this is on purpose, other times it occurs subconsciously...OR people are more easily persuaded because the preexisting statist majority leaves other opinions grossly underrepresented, and in the ubiquitous persistence of certain ideas, whatever conviction you had about anything that wasn't statist, would begin to soften, if not fall entirely. And so the trend continues.

So, yes, I will say the site has a "circle jerk" problem, and it's apparently contagious.

We've literally only got me, WSA, Cody, Tv, and Jat!!!

If the State paid me enough, I would totally drop Anarchism as my ideology.

So you're a free agent anarchist?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 11:14:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Funny thing is, that DDO has ALWAYS been extremely libertarian and anarchist friendly. While totalitarians have been extremely underrepresented.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"