Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Royal, debate me or never be respected again.

MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:17:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I want royalpaladin to debate me on whether the ancient Israelites worshiped a volcano: [http://www.debate.org...]

You may remember my thread calling out TheFogHorn to debate her ridiculous theory. Royalpaladin now believes the same thing, and her excuse not to debate is- and I quote- "A female already trounced you on this subject. I don't need to do any work; it's already been done." I'm not even kidding. This is a new low.

Right now I'm calling you out. Enough of these pathetic ad hominems. I have honestly had enough. Either debate me or shut up about it. You choose.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:18:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok, just saying, I TOTALLY agreed that she should debate you on that stupid idea that they did, but just say your calling her out.

Anyways, its not like she had any respect to lose.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:20:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I mean, even when I go on leftist forums I can't find people as obnoxious and narcissistic as her. That's why I believed the joke about her being thett's account- it's hard to believe that someone could really be that way without being a troll.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:22:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 9:17:12 PM, MouthWash wrote:
I want royalpaladin to debate me on whether the ancient Israelites worshiped a volcano: [http://www.debate.org...]

You may remember my thread calling out TheFogHorn to debate her ridiculous theory. Royalpaladin now believes the same thing, and her excuse not to debate is- and I quote- "A female already trounced you on this subject. I don't need to do any work; it's already been done." I'm not even kidding. This is a new low.

Right now I'm calling you out. Enough of these pathetic ad hominems. I have honestly had enough. Either debate me or shut up about it. You choose.


lmao...and if she ignores your impotent ultimatum?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:22:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 9:22:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/15/2012 9:17:12 PM, MouthWash wrote:
I want royalpaladin to debate me on whether the ancient Israelites worshiped a volcano: [http://www.debate.org...]

You may remember my thread calling out TheFogHorn to debate her ridiculous theory. Royalpaladin now believes the same thing, and her excuse not to debate is- and I quote- "A female already trounced you on this subject. I don't need to do any work; it's already been done." I'm not even kidding. This is a new low.

Right now I'm calling you out. Enough of these pathetic ad hominems. I have honestly had enough. Either debate me or shut up about it. You choose.


lmao...and if she ignores your impotent ultimatum?

Then we can all make fun of her even more than we already do.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:24:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Another golden quote: "You have no right to call anybody stupid; [for refusing to debate] you could not even pass high school."

See what I mean by ad hominem?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:21:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 9:24:55 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Another golden quote: "You have no right to call anybody stupid; [for refusing to debate] you could not even pass high school."

See what I mean by ad hominem?

That's not an ad hominem. Do you even know what "ad hominem" means?
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:23:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:22:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Anyways, FogHorn has already beat you on this subject.

Where?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:27:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:23:52 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:22:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Anyways, FogHorn has already beat you on this subject.

Where?

http://www.debate.org...

The people didn't vote because they're biased and because FogHorn did not understand at the time how to make the debate visible to voters after it was finished, but MW was beat so badly that he had nothing to say.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:33:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:27:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:23:52 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:22:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Anyways, FogHorn has already beat you on this subject.

Where?

http://www.debate.org...

The people didn't vote because they're biased and because FogHorn did not understand at the time how to make the debate visible to voters after it was finished, but MW was beat so badly that he had nothing to say.

Funny, score says "tie" and if you are looking at content and Mouthwash didn't provide an argument, so you can't say that his view is weaker than the other side (because that debate does not show his view).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:34:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:33:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:27:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:23:52 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:22:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Anyways, FogHorn has already beat you on this subject.

Where?

http://www.debate.org...

The people didn't vote because they're biased and because FogHorn did not understand at the time how to make the debate visible to voters after it was finished, but MW was beat so badly that he had nothing to say.

Funny, score says "tie" and if you are looking at content and Mouthwash didn't provide an argument, so you can't say that his view is weaker than the other side (because that debate does not show his view).

He posted his view in Round 1. It was quite idiotic. Also, it says tie because the Christians refused to vote for the truth.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:36:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:34:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:33:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:27:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:23:52 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:22:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Anyways, FogHorn has already beat you on this subject.

Where?

http://www.debate.org...

The people didn't vote because they're biased and because FogHorn did not understand at the time how to make the debate visible to voters after it was finished, but MW was beat so badly that he had nothing to say.

Funny, score says "tie" and if you are looking at content and Mouthwash didn't provide an argument, so you can't say that his view is weaker than the other side (because that debate does not show his view).

He posted his view in Round 1. It was quite idiotic. Also, it says tie because the Christians refused to vote for the truth.

Since when did we have no voting atheists?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:37:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:34:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:33:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:27:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:23:52 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:22:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Anyways, FogHorn has already beat you on this subject.

Where?

http://www.debate.org...

The people didn't vote because they're biased and because FogHorn did not understand at the time how to make the debate visible to voters after it was finished, but MW was beat so badly that he had nothing to say.

Funny, score says "tie" and if you are looking at content and Mouthwash didn't provide an argument, so you can't say that his view is weaker than the other side (because that debate does not show his view).

He posted his view in Round 1. It was quite idiotic. Also, it says tie because the Christians refused to vote for the truth.

Funny, I thought it was because no one voted.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:37:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also, if the view is "idiotic" then surely you should have no trouble beating it in a debate.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:38:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:36:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:34:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:33:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:27:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:23:52 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:22:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Anyways, FogHorn has already beat you on this subject.

Where?

http://www.debate.org...

The people didn't vote because they're biased and because FogHorn did not understand at the time how to make the debate visible to voters after it was finished, but MW was beat so badly that he had nothing to say.

Funny, score says "tie" and if you are looking at content and Mouthwash didn't provide an argument, so you can't say that his view is weaker than the other side (because that debate does not show his view).

He posted his view in Round 1. It was quite idiotic. Also, it says tie because the Christians refused to vote for the truth.

Since when did we have no voting atheists?

Foghorn was new and didn't realize that the debate would not show up on the front page, and after the voting period ended, several people said in the comments that they would have voted for her.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:39:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:37:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Also, if the view is "idiotic" then surely you should have no trouble beating it in a debate.

I'm not debating it because it has already been beaten. I'm not getting in a flame debate about Judaism. I don't care if Yahweh is a volcano god or a baboon god; it makes no difference to me. I don't worship him either way.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:40:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:38:46 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:36:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:34:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:33:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:27:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:23:52 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:22:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Anyways, FogHorn has already beat you on this subject.

Where?

http://www.debate.org...

The people didn't vote because they're biased and because FogHorn did not understand at the time how to make the debate visible to voters after it was finished, but MW was beat so badly that he had nothing to say.

Funny, score says "tie" and if you are looking at content and Mouthwash didn't provide an argument, so you can't say that his view is weaker than the other side (because that debate does not show his view).

He posted his view in Round 1. It was quite idiotic. Also, it says tie because the Christians refused to vote for the truth.

Since when did we have no voting atheists?

Foghorn was new and didn't realize that the debate would not show up on the front page, and after the voting period ended, several people said in the comments that they would have voted for her.

Ah, now I see why Royal likes her.

But, regardless, whupdeefvckingdo. Thats nice.

Now debate him.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:46:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:39:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:37:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Also, if the view is "idiotic" then surely you should have no trouble beating it in a debate.


I'm not debating it because it has already been beaten. I'm not getting in a flame debate about Judaism. I don't care if Yahweh is a volcano god or a baboon god; it makes no difference to me. I don't worship him either way.

So then based on this...

http://www.debate.org...

... we can logically conclude that feminism is pointless and there is no need to ever debate it again.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:50:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:46:55 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:39:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:37:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Also, if the view is "idiotic" then surely you should have no trouble beating it in a debate.


I'm not debating it because it has already been beaten. I'm not getting in a flame debate about Judaism. I don't care if Yahweh is a volcano god or a baboon god; it makes no difference to me. I don't worship him either way.

So then based on this...

http://www.debate.org...

... we can logically conclude that feminism is pointless and there is no need to ever debate it again.

I didn't say it was pointless to debate the topic again; I said it was pointless to debate HIM on the topic again. MouthWash is very arrogant and every time he loses, he challenges the person who trounces him to another debate. See his debates with Danielle.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:51:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:50:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:46:55 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:39:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:37:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Also, if the view is "idiotic" then surely you should have no trouble beating it in a debate.


I'm not debating it because it has already been beaten. I'm not getting in a flame debate about Judaism. I don't care if Yahweh is a volcano god or a baboon god; it makes no difference to me. I don't worship him either way.

So then based on this...

http://www.debate.org...

... we can logically conclude that feminism is pointless and there is no need to ever debate it again.

I didn't say it was pointless to debate the topic again; I said it was pointless to debate HIM on the topic again. MouthWash is very arrogant and every time he loses, he challenges the person who trounces him to another debate. See his debates with Danielle.

Then debate him once and reject any rematches. When you do that, people tend to take your side, rather than his.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:51:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:51:05 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:50:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:46:55 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:39:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:37:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Also, if the view is "idiotic" then surely you should have no trouble beating it in a debate.


I'm not debating it because it has already been beaten. I'm not getting in a flame debate about Judaism. I don't care if Yahweh is a volcano god or a baboon god; it makes no difference to me. I don't worship him either way.

So then based on this...

http://www.debate.org...

... we can logically conclude that feminism is pointless and there is no need to ever debate it again.

I didn't say it was pointless to debate the topic again; I said it was pointless to debate HIM on the topic again. MouthWash is very arrogant and every time he loses, he challenges the person who trounces him to another debate. See his debates with Danielle.

Then debate him once and reject any rematches. When you do that, people tend to take your side, rather than his.

I'm not interested in the subject. Why should I waste my time?
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:54:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:51:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:51:05 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:50:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:46:55 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:39:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:37:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Also, if the view is "idiotic" then surely you should have no trouble beating it in a debate.


I'm not debating it because it has already been beaten. I'm not getting in a flame debate about Judaism. I don't care if Yahweh is a volcano god or a baboon god; it makes no difference to me. I don't worship him either way.

So then based on this...

http://www.debate.org...

... we can logically conclude that feminism is pointless and there is no need to ever debate it again.

I didn't say it was pointless to debate the topic again; I said it was pointless to debate HIM on the topic again. MouthWash is very arrogant and every time he loses, he challenges the person who trounces him to another debate. See his debates with Danielle.

Then debate him once and reject any rematches. When you do that, people tend to take your side, rather than his.

I'm not interested in the subject. Why should I waste my time?

Then stop forum-debating people about it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:54:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It is quite unusual to see someone refusing to debate someone on a debate site because the argument had supposedly been already beaten. Why would the site even exist anymore if no one debated topics that were debated before? It doesn't matter how many times a topic has been debated, each debater is different and so is the way they handle the debate.

It is one thing to not debate due to lack of time (posting on the forums takes far less time commitment than debating), quite another to refuse to debate because the topic had been debated before. Quite amusing.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:55:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:54:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:51:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:51:05 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:50:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:46:55 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:39:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:37:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Also, if the view is "idiotic" then surely you should have no trouble beating it in a debate.


I'm not debating it because it has already been beaten. I'm not getting in a flame debate about Judaism. I don't care if Yahweh is a volcano god or a baboon god; it makes no difference to me. I don't worship him either way.

So then based on this...

http://www.debate.org...

... we can logically conclude that feminism is pointless and there is no need to ever debate it again.

I didn't say it was pointless to debate the topic again; I said it was pointless to debate HIM on the topic again. MouthWash is very arrogant and every time he loses, he challenges the person who trounces him to another debate. See his debates with Danielle.

Then debate him once and reject any rematches. When you do that, people tend to take your side, rather than his.

I'm not interested in the subject. Why should I waste my time?

Then stop forum-debating people about it.

I never forum debated anybody about it. I asked FogHorn for more information and MW got offended that I wanted to learn about this theory. Hmn, what's he trying to hide?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:55:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mouthwash, I don't get what you're actually threatening Royal with. Laughing at her, not respecting her? Who cares? Royal probs doesn't care what you think of her anyways. It's like how everyone laughs at Ike for refusing to debate. He doesn't give a fuuuu though because he doesn't like us anyways. Find some leverage then come back. kthxbai.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:59:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:51:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:51:05 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:50:02 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:46:55 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:39:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:37:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Also, if the view is "idiotic" then surely you should have no trouble beating it in a debate.


I'm not debating it because it has already been beaten. I'm not getting in a flame debate about Judaism. I don't care if Yahweh is a volcano god or a baboon god; it makes no difference to me. I don't worship him either way.

So then based on this...

http://www.debate.org...

... we can logically conclude that feminism is pointless and there is no need to ever debate it again.

I didn't say it was pointless to debate the topic again; I said it was pointless to debate HIM on the topic again. MouthWash is very arrogant and every time he loses, he challenges the person who trounces him to another debate. See his debates with Danielle.

Then debate him once and reject any rematches. When you do that, people tend to take your side, rather than his.

I'm not interested in the subject. Why should I waste my time?

Now you're changing reasons. Originally you said you wouldn't because he was already beaten so badly that there is no need for it to be done again.

And when Foghorn said "Mouthwash is just peeved because I put his nose out of joint in a five round debate on the subject of Yahweh being a volcano god. He only submitted one round and chose to miss the others so his abysmal effort did not appear on the debates section. What a coward? He's had it in for me ever since and my theory makes his blood curdle because it is a constant reminder of his inability to beat a woman in a debate. He has a lot of growing up to do. He is the stupid one."

You responded with, "I'm going to read through your ideas."

So clearly, you are interested in the topic.

Next excuse?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 2:48:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 10:54:47 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
It is quite unusual to see someone refusing to debate someone on a debate site because the argument had supposedly been already beaten. Why would the site even exist anymore if no one debated topics that were debated before? It doesn't matter how many times a topic has been debated, each debater is different and so is the way they handle the debate.

It is one thing to not debate due to lack of time (posting on the forums takes far less time commitment than debating), quite another to refuse to debate because the topic had been debated before. Quite amusing.

I think her point wasn't that the topic has been debated before, but rather that this particular opponent has already been beaten on this topic. Perhaps she doesn't suspect he'd be a challenge.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 4:02:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 2:48:51 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/15/2012 10:54:47 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
It is quite unusual to see someone refusing to debate someone on a debate site because the argument had supposedly been already beaten. Why would the site even exist anymore if no one debated topics that were debated before? It doesn't matter how many times a topic has been debated, each debater is different and so is the way they handle the debate.

It is one thing to not debate due to lack of time (posting on the forums takes far less time commitment than debating), quite another to refuse to debate because the topic had been debated before. Quite amusing.

I think her point wasn't that the topic has been debated before, but rather that this particular opponent has already been beaten on this topic. Perhaps she doesn't suspect he'd be a challenge.

I didn't even try. I posted that first round because I thought it would be a noobsnipe. She has no excuse not to debate me.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)