Jump to topic:

Election Primary Unofficial Vote

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 4:09:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Since VK is too lazy to put up the primary right now, this will be sort of like the primary thread mixed with a poll. The votes don't go towards anything except for information purposes.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 4:12:41 PM
For the challenger to Airmax's presidency in the December 2012 DDO Elections

SocialPinko/Koopin
Stubs
DetectableNinja
OberHerr
MilitantAtheist
Cody_Franklin
BossyBurrito/Lannan13

(Candidates with /'s in them are Presidential tickets, with the presidential candidate 1st listed, then the Vice Presdential candidate listed.)

Vote in the comments below.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 4:25:13 PM
I cast my vote for Airmax/FREEDO

I dont know whose idiotic idea it was to not include the president in the presidential primaries but the point of primaries is to eliminate campaigns who dont have enough support so that we could focus on the main candidates. Eliminating the president from the primaries allows his supporters to get behind a potential retard in the primaries and knock out a more reasonable contender in the process too.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 4:28:44 PM
The actual primaries will start at 5:00 PM PST and end tomorow around the same time. So, no. I'm not lazy. I'm putting it up at 5. I never specified a time and it's a Saturday.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 4:29:03 PM
At 11/17/2012 4:25:13 PM, imabench wrote:

I dont know whose idiotic idea it was to not include the president in the presidential primaries but the point of primaries is to eliminate campaigns who dont have enough support so that we could focus on the main candidates. Eliminating the president from the primaries allows his supporters to get behind a potential retard in the primaries and knock out a more reasonable contender in the process too.

You realize that if the Prez was in this, it would just be the official election thread right?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 4:29:38 PM

I dont know whose idiotic idea it was to not include the president in the presidential primaries
That idiotic idea belongs to VK
but the point of primaries is to eliminate campaigns who dont have enough support so that we could focus on the main candidates. Eliminating the president from the primaries allows his supporters to get behind a potential retard in the primaries and knock out a more reasonable contender in the process too.

On the flip side, if VK did include the incumbent, then that could knock out reasonable candidates who haven't advertised too much yet.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 4:30:08 PM
At 11/17/2012 4:29:03 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

You realize that if the Prez was in this, it would just be the official election thread right?

bossy, read the bold.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 4:30:30 PM
At 11/17/2012 4:29:38 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

I dont know whose idiotic idea it was to not include the president in the presidential primaries
but the point of primaries is to eliminate campaigns who dont have enough support so that we could focus on the main candidates. Eliminating the president from the primaries allows his supporters to get behind a potential retard in the primaries and knock out a more reasonable contender in the process too.

On the flip side, if VK did include the incumbent, then that could knock out reasonable candidates who haven't advertised too much yet.

Don't know how the 2nd part of Ima's statement wasn't greed.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 4:32:39 PM

Thats assuming that they still cast a vote. As a supporter of Airmax I dont have any incentive at all to vote for the more reasonable candidate because then im just backing the biggest challenger to face the guy I really want to win, that being Airmax.

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 4:35:13 PM
At 11/17/2012 4:32:39 PM, imabench wrote:

Thats assuming that they still cast a vote. As a supporter of Airmax I dont have any incentive at all to vote for the more reasonable candidate because then im just backing the biggest challenger to face the guy I really want to win, that being Airmax.

It's your civic duty to vote for the primaries AND the election! PEOPLE DIED FOR YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE IN DDO ELECTIONS!
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 4:40:24 PM
At 11/17/2012 4:35:13 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

It's your civic duty to vote for the primaries AND the election! PEOPLE DIED FOR YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE IN DDO ELECTIONS!

IF YOU THINK IM GOING TO CONFORM TO THIS TWO PARTY DICTATORSHIP OF AN ELECTION THEN YOU HAVE ANOTHER THING COMING!!!!!!

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 4:48:41 PM
At 11/17/2012 4:40:24 PM, imabench wrote:

IF YOU THINK IM GOING TO CONFORM TO THIS TWO PARTY DICTATORSHIP OF AN ELECTION THEN YOU HAVE ANOTHER THING COMING!!!!!!

YOU'RE PROBABLY JUST A HUGE RON PAUL FAN WHO IS ADDICTED TO THE INTERNET WHO LIVES WITH HIS MOM, AND YOU PROABABLY LIVE IN MIAMI WITH ALL OF THE DRUG DEALERS, AND YOU PROBABLY CAN'T EVEN BUY CRACK BECAUSE YOU ARE SO POOR THAT YOU LIVE IN MIAMI WITH YOUR MOM!
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 5:01:44 PM
At 11/17/2012 4:48:41 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

YOU'RE PROBABLY JUST A HUGE RON PAUL FAN WHO IS ADDICTED TO THE INTERNET WHO LIVES WITH HIS MOM, AND YOU PROABABLY LIVE IN MIAMI WITH ALL OF THE DRUG DEALERS, AND YOU PROBABLY CAN'T EVEN BUY CRACK BECAUSE YOU ARE SO POOR THAT YOU LIVE IN MIAMI WITH YOUR MOM!

RON PAUL IS GOING TO SAVE THIS COUNTRY AND HAD PEOPLE NOT BEEN SO EASY MANIPULATED INTO THINKING THAT OBAMNEY WERE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE WE COULD GET THIS COUNTRY BACK ON TRACK TO GREATNESS RATHER THEN HAVE FOUR MORE YEARS OF PRESIDENTS STEPPING ALL OVER THE CONSTITUTION

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 5:09:34 PM
At 11/17/2012 4:30:08 PM, imabench wrote:

bossy, read the bold.

But if the majority of people vote for Airmax, why would we have another voting thread?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 5:11:21 PM
At 11/17/2012 5:01:44 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/17/2012 4:48:41 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

RON PAUL IS GOING TO SAVE THIS COUNTRY AND HAD PEOPLE NOT BEEN SO EASY MANIPULATED INTO THINKING THAT OBAMNEY WERE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE WE COULD GET THIS COUNTRY BACK ON TRACK TO GREATNESS RATHER THEN HAVE FOUR MORE YEARS OF PRESIDENTS STEPPING ALL OVER THE CONSTITUTION

#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 5:16:00 PM
At 11/17/2012 5:09:34 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

bossy, read the bold.

But if the majority of people vote for Airmax, why would we have another voting thread?

Every election now there are about 8 to 10 people declaring their campaigns for the presidency, and this has been the case ever since the position got really popular when Innomen was president. Now naturally some of the more respectable candidates wanted to have interviews and even debate other candidates to try to win votes, but with so many people running it was impossible to get anywhere.

So the primaries were adopted to eliminate the lesser campaigns so that the more respectable campaigns and their candidates could make a better case to go after the presidency rather then be held back by a bunch of noobs who thought they actually had a shot.

Thats the official use for the primaries. HOWEVER, the primaries are also used by candidates to see who supports their campaign, who their voter base is, who isnt in their voter base, and other things as well. Taking the president out of the primaries changes everything because A) The challenging candidates are given an over-inflated voting base they really dont have since Airmax clearly has a lot of support. and B) with Airmax not in the primary, his overwhelming number of supporters could theoretically organize and get behind a complete idiot to advance through the primaries and knock out a more legitimate candidate/threat.

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 5:31:41 PM
I think Airmax should be in the primary given that after all, the primary is simply a glorified public poll. Hopefully the people who only get like one or two votes will drop out but there's nothing Viper or any of us can do to stop them. So since it's only useful as a poll, wee might as well try to gauge popular opinion while we do this amirite?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 5:34:45 PM
At 11/17/2012 5:09:34 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

bossy, read the bold.

Because there's still over a month after this until the actual election. Why are you assuming everything will just be static?
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 5:41:00 PM
At 11/17/2012 5:31:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I think Airmax should be in the primary given that after all, the primary is simply a glorified public poll. Hopefully the people who only get like one or two votes will drop out but there's nothing Viper or any of us can do to stop them.

Those who dont get enough votes are kept out of future polls, interviews, and then arent listed in the final election thread.

So since it's only useful as a poll, wee might as well try to gauge popular opinion while we do this amirite?

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 5:41:52 PM
People who tend to participate in lots of bickering in the forums, create disputes, and do other nonsensical things should not be presidents. Innomen and Airmax have both abstained from idiotic exchanges, tried to dispute problems between people, have had very good conduct and tone all the time, and so forth. Perfect candidates.

I'd hardly give a vote (unless a good change happens) to people like AhmedM. They would change the site to suit their bias in any way they can.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 5:43:03 PM
At 11/17/2012 5:41:52 PM, Mirza wrote:
People who tend to participate in lots of bickering in the forums, create disputes, and do other nonsensical things should not be presidents. Innomen and Airmax have both abstained from idiotic exchanges, tried to dispute problems between people, have had very good conduct and tone all the time, and so forth. Perfect candidates.

I'd hardly give a vote (unless a good change happens) to people like AhmedM. They would change the site to suit their bias in any way they can.

I dont think hes running but im not going to lie, Id LOVE to see what he would put in his presidential platform.

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 5:43:46 PM
At 11/17/2012 5:41:00 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/17/2012 5:31:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I think Airmax should be in the primary given that after all, the primary is simply a glorified public poll. Hopefully the people who only get like one or two votes will drop out but there's nothing Viper or any of us can do to stop them.

Those who dont get enough votes are kept out of future polls, interviews, and then arent listed in the final election thread.

That doesn't mean people can't vote for them, they can't self-promote, etc. This isn't like an actual Presidential election. Interviewing with Viper or simply having him list you in the OP of the election thread isn't something that's necessarily going to sway anything. Though if someone gets only a single vote in the primary I wouldn't expect them to turn around come Election Day.
:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 6:14:01 PM
At 11/17/2012 6:11:22 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
How many votes have there been so far?

2...... Both for Airmax.

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 6:28:16 PM
Vote myself...
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats