Jump to topic:

Abortion debates

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 2:41:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
176 debates entitled "abortion". And that's only debates with that exact title. It is a bit over debated.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
ghy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2014 11:15:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I was raped at a Halloween party by the cousin of my friends girlfriend.... I had an abortion that I cry and morn over ever year at that time. Even though I cry and morn I had the right to make that decision and I am happy that I had that choice. I had to walk through protesters that hated me...and yet I walked. This happened in 1986-7 and I now have a wonderful son born from my husband who is now 22. My son and husband know what happened an by Gods grace they forgive me and understand.
ghy with rights
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 12:00:41 PM
At 11/19/2012 7:13:07 AM, DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Abortion debates, Abortion debates everywhere.

That is because it is a topic of importance.
tbhidc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 12:04:28 PM
At 5/19/2014 12:00:41 PM, Geogeer wrote:

That is because it is a topic of impotence.

How can anyone get pregnant if they're impotent?
tbhidc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 12:05:53 PM
At 5/17/2014 11:15:30 PM, ghy wrote:
I was raped at a Halloween party by the cousin of my friends girlfriend.... I had an abortion that I cry and morn over ever year at that time. Even though I cry and morn I had the right to make that decision and I am happy that I had that choice. I had to walk through protesters that hated me...and yet I walked. This happened in 1986-7 and I now have a wonderful son born from my husband who is now 22. My son and husband know what happened an by Gods grace they forgive me and understand.

Protesters who hated you? I don't mean to sound cold, but my first reaction is: Oh please.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 12:06:17 PM
At 5/19/2014 12:04:28 PM, tbhidc wrote:

http://www.reactiongifs.com...
tbhidc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 12:08:01 PM
At 5/19/2014 12:06:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/19/2014 12:04:28 PM, tbhidc wrote:

http://www.reactiongifs.com...

I like dogs.
tbhidc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 12:09:51 PM
Abortion is bad. But dog abortion is worse.

I just can't understand how anyone would want to kill a cute defenseless puppy... I mean... that puppy's life is gone. It will never get to romp and play, and pant like they do and look so cute.... :'(
adinawaitman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 1:11:48 PM
I am against abortion. Whether one wants to admit it or not, abortion is murder. Aborting a child hurts the child, the mother, and the world.
It doesn"t matter if the mother wants to give up the child or not, aborting the baby means killing the child. Unborn babies are humans, even by the US government. The federal Unborn Victims of Violence Act "to protect unborn children from assault and murder". This ac declares unborn babies to be humans, and many other states have been following this way. When a baby is conceived, from then on he or she is on the path to life, growing each and every day. Many of those whom support abortion argue that the baby will undergo a life of pain, being that they are not wanted in this world by their parents. However, this argument is logically flawed. Maureen Condic, a professor at the University Utah School of Medicine says that fetuses feel pain during an abortion. Therefore, in aborting a child in an attempting to avoid pain to the child, one ironically actually causes the child pain.
Having an abortion can also actually be damaging to the mother. In terms of damage, the mother can be hurt both psychologically and physically. A 2008 journal about public health revealed that women whom undergo abortion increase their risks of being depressed. Similarly, A 2005 study in BMC Medicine said that women whom undergo abortion had higher depression and anxiety scores. A 2005 study by afterabortion.org revealed that women whom have an abortion actually had a suicide rate six times higher than that of the average women. A study by CNSNews.com links abortion to breast cancer, saying that after having an abortion, women have a 44% higher chance of getting breast cancer. If a women gets pregnant, she must take on the responsibility of bringing that child into the world. If one isn"t looking to have a child, they should be careful from the start and not let themselves get pregnant.
Lastly, having an abortion may actually be harmful on a broader scale, as it may hurt the world as a whole. More abortions means less babies to adopt, and this could prove problematic for those looking to adopt children. Similarly, permitting abortion promotes an idea that killing is okay, being that abortion is killing, and abortion is okay. This promotion might increase killing and similar acts. Finally, having an abortion can actually hurt the world because of what it may take away. When a life is taken away so early, all of the child"s possible successes decrease, being that the child doesn"t exist. Therefore, if one of these children was destined to cure cancer, but then was aborted, what happens to that cure?! It ceases to exist. These children need to be born. They are important to our society today, and to our society in the future.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 1:17:05 PM

Not for 1st and 2nd trimester unborn children
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 1:19:10 PM
At 5/26/2014 1:17:05 PM, sadolite wrote:

If I smash bald eagle eggs have I killed anything? It's not like they were potential or viable life forms outside of the egg
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 1:22:03 PM
At 5/26/2014 1:17:05 PM, sadolite wrote:

I could just clog this thread up with arguments, however it is in the general DDO board and this is not the place for this discussion. However, I will gladly debate that with you if you like. (Who knows we might even be able to get 3+ judges! ;-)

PS Do you actually do serious debates?
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 1:34:37 PM

Generally, if a topic is over-debated, it's because it is important...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 1:37:09 PM
At 5/26/2014 1:34:37 PM, Romanii wrote:

Generally, if a topic is over-debated, it's because it is important...

This is a necropost :P
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Evprickett14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:28:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yeah I agree that there are is a lot of talk about abortion, but it is a very important matter. Here is what I believe: The babies were destined to live. Their bodies may not have been formed yet, but the soul was living inside it's mother. It is NOT up to the mother to end its life. She says its her body and she should have the right to abort her child, either right or wrong. I mean its her body right? Wrong, in two ways. 1) It is her body but you are not doing anything to your body, you are doing it to somebody else (their soul for that matter) 2) Same thing with drugs, even though its your body, it doesn't mean it should be legal. Last subject I want to bring up. Hundreds upon hundreds of organizations are spending their time and money saying," Save the dolphins! Save the trees! Save the manatees!" Well hey, what about, "Save the children!" A human life should be the our highest priority. It is so precious and valuable, and its mother is to selfish to grant what the baby deserves. And they don't even have to raise the child! If necessary put the baby up for adoption, even that is a million times better than killing it. Women, please! If you gave your child a chance, once it grows up, you will see how wrong you were and it will haunt you how you almost killed him/her for some stupid selfish reason. People sacrifice their lives to save others. Shouldn't women sacrifice hardships to save a life?