Jump to topic:

Post-Primaries Poll

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 2:13:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Since now the primaries are over and some of the past candidates have been eliminated, I believe that its time now to have another presidential poll.

http://poll.pollcode.com...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 12:59:00 PM
Voted! (I'm voting Airmax)
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 1:02:00 PM
Airmax has my vote.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 2:00:28 PM
Spinko and the Koopster. All the way to brown town. Because I'm racist. And thus can only vote for minorities (gingers and human-chicken hybrids).
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 4:36:28 PM
Spinko
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 4:37:42 PM
this will be the first election in ages without jimtimmy running 0.0
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 5:03:29 PM
Nothing against airmax, but what did he actually do? Also, now that we have 2 representatives from juggle that we can speak to, what's the point of having a president? It seems like people almost arbitrarily throw their support behind who they like most or who already has the most traction, so at the end of the day it just becomes a big, vain ceremony.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 5:10:41 PM
At 11/20/2012 5:09:30 PM, badger wrote:
einstein said let no man be idolised.

though i'm not sure we could get around it in how that statement is so attributed to him...
signature
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 5:12:27 PM
At 11/20/2012 5:10:41 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/20/2012 5:09:30 PM, badger wrote:
einstein said let no man be idolised.

though i'm not sure we could get around it in how that statement is so attributed to him...

LOOL
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 5:20:21 PM
At 11/20/2012 5:03:29 PM, 000ike wrote:
Nothing against airmax, but what did he actually do? Also, now that we have 2 representatives from juggle that we can speak to, what's the point of having a president? It seems like people almost arbitrarily throw their support behind who they like most or who already has the most traction, so at the end of the day it just becomes a big, vain ceremony.

You realize that's how it started out? Innomen was the first to get any kind of mod abilities. It was initially basically just a popularity thing.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 5:43:52 PM

Lets see the big issues got updated, hes set straight many problematic people like fool_on_the_hill and a handful of others, he finally fixed the hall of fame which has been bugging me for a while, he doesnt ban people just because Royal asks him to, hes organized official debate tournaments which is something juggle cant do and that past presidents havent done before, he worked with juggle to give the site a new face and a massive update regarding the 'opinions' section whcih I am a fan of even though others arent.

Thats off the top of my head.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 5:50:09 PM
At 11/20/2012 5:20:21 PM, phantom wrote:

You realize that's how it started out? Innomen was the first to get any kind of mod abilities. It was initially basically just a popularity thing.

So is the election about who would be the best moderator and keep up the quality of the site by quashing flamewars (that aren't entertaining) and maybe starting some kind of system that encourages people to debate and vote more often? If that's the case, then why does SP/Koopin have 10 votes? I don't mean this in an insulting way, but SP really doesn't seem like he'd use that kind of interventionist prerogative....or moderating anything for that matter. And if the point of the election is to pick the best conduit between juggle and DDO, then doesn't Nate and that other person have that covered, and moreover, sp is 17...how is a company that has really taken a long time to actually so much as glace at this site, going to take a 17 year old seriously?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 5:52:04 PM
At 11/20/2012 5:50:09 PM, 000ike wrote:

So is the election about who would be the best moderator and keep up the quality of the site by quashing flamewars (that aren't entertaining) and maybe starting some kind of system that encourages people to debate and vote more often? If that's the case, then why does SP/Koopin have 10 votes? I don't mean this in an insulting way, but SP really doesn't seem like he'd use that kind of interventionist prerogative....or moderating anything for that matter. And if the point of the election is to pick the best conduit between juggle and DDO, then doesn't Nate and that other person have that covered, and moreover, sp is 17...how is a company that has really taken a long time to actually so much as glace at this site, going to take a 17 year old seriously?

Sp is 19 years old I believe. Bill Gates started Microsoft at 19.
Open borders debate:
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 5:54:15 PM

Not sure why you're arguing all this. You said what's the point of having a president anymore and implied that it's become a popularity thing. I was just pointing out that it was already a popularity thing initially so the whole idea of the president doesn't hinge on moderating.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 6:00:24 PM
At 11/20/2012 5:54:15 PM, phantom wrote:

Not sure why you're arguing all this. You said what's the point of having a president anymore and implied that it's become a popularity thing. I was just pointing out that it was already a popularity thing initially so the whole idea of the president doesn't hinge on moderating.

My point was that I'm not getting how people are voting here, and initially I thought it was for random reasons, and then I mentioned the possible reasons that could make sense...but then didn't explain who the polls were going to.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 6:05:26 PM

The mod's job isn't to stop flamewars. Furthermore, I've done plenty to encourage voting and quality debating since I joined the site, tournaments and voting groups being the preferred method. I'm not sure why you don't think I would take an "interventionist prerogative" honestly but if you could state why I'd be happy to put those thoughts to rest. On my age, I'm not sure what your point is. I'm young, so what? Does that mean I can't do the job as well as it should be done? If so, in what ways do you see any sort of limitation?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 6:37:31 PM
A comment from Ima prompted me to check on the status of the poll so.....woot woot! Spinko/Koopin 2012.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 10:20:32 PM
Ima, do you have any way of confirming that these are genuine results i.e., that someone isn't just coming in and voting a bunch of times?
:
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 10:33:02 PM
At 11/20/2012 10:20:32 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Ima, do you have any way of confirming that these are genuine results i.e., that someone isn't just coming in and voting a bunch of times?

Nope , it's Chicago and we have no ID laws because it discriminates against the noob vote.

No, we can't tell. It tracks by cookies or IP.
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:07:03 PM

I designed the poll so that you could only cast your vote once per month so im 99% sure that these are genuine results.

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:10:36 PM
At 11/21/2012 1:07:03 PM, imabench wrote:
I designed the poll so that you could only cast your vote once per month so im 99% sure that these are genuine results.
Yes? Use your neighbour's WiFi peeps.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:13:25 PM
At 11/21/2012 1:11:32 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The poll isn't entirely accurate anymore.

(Royal the way things work on here is that you explain why something isnt accurate, you dont just waltz in and say 'this isnt accurate anymore' and leave it at that)

jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 2:44:56 PM
At 11/21/2012 1:13:25 PM, imabench wrote:

(Royal the way things work on here is that you explain why something isnt accurate, you dont just waltz in and say 'this isnt accurate anymore' and leave it at that)

This.

And what do you mean by "anymore". At what point was it accurate?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 2:50:12 PM
At 11/21/2012 2:44:56 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/21/2012 1:13:25 PM, imabench wrote:

This.

And what do you mean by "anymore". At what point was it accurate?

My guess is that she used one of her multiaccounts to vote in the poll just because shes a d*ck....

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 4:04:22 PM
I don't have any multiaccounts, and the poll is not even on the DDO website, so there is no way that I could use an alternate DDO account to vote in your poll since the other website checks for IP and cookies.

It's not accurate because I no longer support spinko.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 5:10:40 PM
I'm not to sure about the accuracy. Half as many people voted in this poll compared to the one a month ago. Looks like SP picked up three more votes and not as many people voted this time.

http://poll.pollcode.com...
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 6:08:22 PM
At 11/21/2012 1:07:03 PM, imabench wrote:

It tracks by cookies. So I could clear cookies and put Pinko in the lead, but that would be immoral.