Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Is it possible to have a three way debate?

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 10:30:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Not yet
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Cometflash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 10:57:06 PM
I would like to use this thread for a "three" way debate then, if its alright. Or maybe I should start a fresh thread.

I like to ask the contribution of everyone with something. After I see enough, I'll select two people and they must debate each other. Therefore the debate will be between two and I'll just be the one with the rules, which I can give in this very thread.

If it is alright with you all, I like to begin by asking anyone who would like a chance to participate of this experiment to present an argument that they feel very strong about it. The more detail the better. It can be about anything you desire, it can also be about something someone has already decided to go with. So this means, I could choose two people with the same argument, and it doesn't have to be opposite of one another.

After I have my decision, I will post complete details of all the rules for your debate, and what you must achieve to beat your opponent.

You must have a title in affirmation, and that title is what you feel strong about it.

You may not ask any question to me outside what I have written, therefore I'll only accept answering your questions in case you don't understand something that I wrote into this post.

I hope to see many arguments.

If you feel a new thread would be better I could copy and paste this to a new thread.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 11:24:48 PM
In one of the DDO trials the prosecution just made an alt account. That could be a way of facilitating multi-person debates until we get the team war update.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 11:39:44 PM
We may have group debates in the near future. The site is always being updated and the owners have showed interest in the idea.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 10:02:35 AM
Start a forum thread titled with the resolution. Make it clear in the OP which three people are permitted to post in the thread. Anyone else posting there will, by agreement of the three participants, be ignored.

Also start a peanut gallery thread, where observers get to comment on the debate. Thread title, something like, "Peanut Gallery: Joe, Sam, and Ralph debate on Aircraft Carriers."

Link between the two threads so people can conveniently jump back and forth.

If you enlist moderator support, the mods can move other people's posts from the debate thread to the peanut gallery thread.