Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The new Terms Of Service

askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 1:43:04 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
For the user known as: askbob

Additionally and for future references the user: askbob

Reserves all his self created rights to do the following in his own debates:

1. Remove votes from users with multiple accounts

2. Remove votes that are posted without reason.

3. Remove votes that he deems are due to a deficient intelligence quota.

4. All users may not argue in the comments section of my debates about the votes of others. Any users doing so will receive a month long ban for communication and debate requests. This is to prevent unnecessary clogging of the comments section. All users that have a discrepancy about the debate itself or would like to offer constructive advice are still welcome to post in the comments section of my debates. Those seeking to post negative comments about other users for whatever the reason are requested to either submit a personal message to myself or start a forum topic about the issue.

5. Members who want to argue about the new TOS for the user askbob are invited to do so through a personal message. However a comment in the debates section arguing about the new TOS will result in a month ban.

6. The user askbob has the right to revise, edit, and add to the TOS upon suggestions or recent development in conduct.

Thank you for your patience. Suggestions to the new Terms Of Service are smiled upon.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 3:09:00 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/5/2008 1:43:04 PM, askbob wrote:
For the user known as: askbob

Additionally and for future references the user: askbob

Reserves all his self created rights to do the following in his own debates:

1. Remove votes from users with multiple accounts

2. Remove votes that are posted without reason.

3. Remove votes that he deems are due to a deficient intelligence quota.

4. All users may not argue in the comments section of my debates about the votes of others. Any users doing so will receive a month long ban for communication and debate requests. This is to prevent unnecessary clogging of the comments section. All users that have a discrepancy about the debate itself or would like to offer constructive advice are still welcome to post in the comments section of my debates. Those seeking to post negative comments about other users for whatever the reason are requested to either submit a personal message to myself or start a forum topic about the issue.

5. Members who want to argue about the new TOS for the user askbob are invited to do so through a personal message. However a comment in the debates section arguing about the new TOS will result in a month ban.

6. The user askbob has the right to revise, edit, and add to the TOS upon suggestions or recent development in conduct.

Thank you for your patience. Suggestions to the new Terms Of Service are smiled upon.

Rule #1 can not exist, unless the site allowed people to have multiple accounts. That, of course, is against the rules. If it is aginast the rules to have multiple accounts, the rules cannot make conditions about people with multiple accounts, because they shouldn't exist.

Rule #3 is a matter of opinion, and therefore must be judged by somebody. Someone who partook in the debate is certainly not the one to make that judgement: whether or not a vote was cast smartly. Also, you being one person will only have one idea of who the "winner" was, and therefore all contrary votes would be un-intelligent in you're opinion, and you would delete them all. There would be thus only one vote that counted: yours.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 6:13:22 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
The new TOS only apply to me. I enforce them on all of my debates. I have made the new TOS as a *temporary fix* for the current situation at hand. I give my permission freely if others choose to adopt a similar or exacly the same method.

@ Harlan

1. Unfortunately the situation is that multiple accounts do exist and vote bombing is occurring. Since there has been little action taken in this reguard I have made my own rules and am enforcing every single one of them.

3. I do not judge unfairly or biasedly. Take an example for the debate I recently participated in called that is about credit cards. I only have two debates and so it should be easy to find.

Thank you for your suggestions!
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
antisemantic
Posts: 171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 7:50:40 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
He will just hack debate.org, he can do it. He can do it allllll night lonnnggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
Labrat228
Posts: 330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:05:01 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/5/2008 1:43:04 PM, askbob wrote:
For the user known as: askbob

Additionally and for future references the user: askbob

Reserves all his self created rights to do the following in his own debates:

1. Remove votes from users with multiple accounts

2. Remove votes that are posted without reason.

3. Remove votes that he deems are due to a deficient intelligence quota.

4. All users may not argue in the comments section of my debates about the votes of others. Any users doing so will receive a month long ban for communication and debate requests. This is to prevent unnecessary clogging of the comments section. All users that have a discrepancy about the debate itself or would like to offer constructive advice are still welcome to post in the comments section of my debates. Those seeking to post negative comments about other users for whatever the reason are requested to either submit a personal message to myself or start a forum topic about the issue.

5. Members who want to argue about the new TOS for the user askbob are invited to do so through a personal message. However a comment in the debates section arguing about the new TOS will result in a month ban.

6. The user askbob has the right to revise, edit, and add to the TOS upon suggestions or recent development in conduct.

Thank you for your patience. Suggestions to the new Terms Of Service are smiled upon.

I'm still confused
VOTE INNOMEN

How much pot does Charlie Sheen do?
Enough to kill Two and a Half Men!
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:06:17 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/5/2008 7:43:09 PM, JBlake wrote:
How do you propose to enforce Rule 1? You do not have that ability.

Actually I do, I simply keep a running tally of the votes in the comments section. I ignore the actual voting system and keep my own votes. It will be very easy for me to do this.

Labrat, what are you confused about?
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
antisemantic
Posts: 171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:07:18 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Two possible answers.

1. He can hack the site and change votes.

2. He will only believe what happens in scissors/askbob/britt world.
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:08:10 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/5/2008 7:50:40 PM, antisemantic wrote:
He will just hack debate.org, he can do it. He can do it allllll night lonnnggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha josh, josh, yes I can hack any of your accounts quite easily. Am I going to do it? No because that wouldn't fully stop your idiotic methods of creating new accounts. Therefore I have made my own voting system.

These TOS only apply when commenting/voting in my debates not any other debates on this site. By engaging in a debate with me you agree to my TOS.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:09:24 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/5/2008 8:07:18 PM, antisemantic wrote:
Two possible answers.

1. He can hack the site and change votes.

2. He will only believe what happens in scissors/askbob/britt world.

1. I do not plan on hacking the site and changing votes, unlike you I do not have such a copious amount of free time.

2. I really don't think you're one to be talking about "worlds"
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
antisemantic
Posts: 171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:13:48 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
I am not the one talking about changing the TOS rules of a debate site that I do not own.

Hey " I am going to paint the White House on Saturday".
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:20:45 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
I am not the one that has changed the TOS rules of a debate site that I do not own.

*Fixed

Additionally I'm not changing the debate site rules, simply my personal debates that I have engaged in and therefore temporarily own until their deletion.

Don't just be angry because I've come up with a workaround for your idiocy. No I will not be leaving this site no matter how many times you decide to make fake accoutns or others to make accounts and vote bomb for you.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
antisemantic
Posts: 171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:30:33 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Do you know what the expression "eat crow" means? Go ahead and Google it.
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:39:47 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
You're forgiven josh, just please try to behave more appropriately for the future.

Copious - co·pi·ous (kp-s)
adj.
1. Yielding or containing plenty; affording ample supply: a copious harvest. See Synonyms at plentiful.

(figured I'd save you the trouble since you apologized)
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
antisemantic
Posts: 171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:46:19 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Thank you so much for forgiving me. Good luck with your debates.
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 2:10:43 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
>>>REVISED EDTION<<<<

For the user known as: askbob

Additionally and for future references the user: askbob

Reserves all his self created rights to do the following in his own debates:

1. Remove votes from users with multiple accounts

2. Remove votes that are posted without reason.

3. Remove votes that he deems are due to a deficient intelligence quota.

4. All users may not argue in the comments section of my debates about the votes of others. Any users doing so will receive a month long ban for communication and debate requests. This is to prevent unnecessary clogging of the comments section. All users that have a discrepancy about the debate itself or would like to offer constructive advice are still welcome to post in the comments section of my debates. Those seeking to post negative comments about other users for whatever the reason are requested to either submit a personal message to myself or start a forum topic about the issue.

5. Members who want to argue about the new TOS for the user askbob are invited to do so through a personal message. However a comment in the debates section arguing about the new TOS will result in a month ban.

6. The user askbob has the right to revise, edit, and add to the TOS upon suggestions or recent development in conduct.

7. Anyone responding in any way to the comments of banned members in the comments section will receive a month long ban. The forums as well as personal messages should suit this purpose.

Thank you for your patience. Suggestions to the new Terms Of Service are smiled upon.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 4:22:04 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/5/2008 8:06:17 PM, askbob wrote:
At 11/5/2008 7:43:09 PM, JBlake wrote:
How do you propose to enforce Rule 1? You do not have that ability.

Actually I do, I simply keep a running tally of the votes in the comments section. I ignore the actual voting system and keep my own votes. It will be very easy for me to do this.

Labrat, what are you confused about?

Do you have a filing cabinet at home or something where you keep track of you're real votes? Isn't that taking things a bit too seriously?
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
I keep a running total in the comments sections. Considering I only have 2 debates and only one in the voting period it really isn't too much of an issue is it?

If the current behavior of vote bombing is continued to be ignored on this site and the voting system does not change, then I take appropriate action, as I have.

If you choose to not improve on your own debates thats purely your choice.
However I prefer reasons for each vote and am not a fan of vote bombing as has obviously occurred on my debate reguarding credit cards.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Dnick94
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2008 4:18:30 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Hopefully, you won't have to have this new Terms Of Service when the moderators change the voting system.

There are a ton of debates that were affected by multiple accounts. These accounts have been closed, and we're working to keep new ones closed as they come in. Even though these accounts were closed, the votes they placed are still active because the system to adjust the votes when a bad account is found...has not been built yet. We'll try and build it this week, but it probably won't get done until early/mid November because it's a very complicated process to remove a vote and update all of the related data. Once the system is built, we'll go back and adjust all of the voting for those debates affected by the bad accounts, and everyone's ranking will be adjusted in the process.
"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
-Albert Einstein
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 8:15:31 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
I have them until the current voting system is fixed. However if it is fixed there are things even the moderaters cannot fix such as leaving reasons for your votes. My TOS is sort of a private TOS only for my debates and only enforced by myself.

I can self tally the votes listed in the comments section, pick out joshandr30's fake accounts, detect completely bogus reasons, prevent trolling by enforcing month long bans of noncommunication.

I'm only implementing measures I can enforce. Hopefully some of these reasons will be temporary however many of them will be permanent.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
antisemantic
Posts: 171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 9:13:05 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
SO that way you can win EVERY DEBATE. WOW, genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what, because I am going to do that too I will never lose another debate and I am completely correct in everything that I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANd no matter what you say you are WRONG. WHEEEEEE What freedom, hey britt/scissors, can I borrow some of that blue paint?
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 9:14:08 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/8/2008 9:13:05 PM, antisemantic wrote:
SO that way you can win EVERY DEBATE. WOW, genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what, because I am going to do that too I will never lose another debate and I am completely correct in everything that I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANd no matter what you say you are WRONG. WHEEEEEE What freedom, hey britt/scissors, can I borrow some of that blue paint?

Sounds like sadolite, casiopia, and hypocrisy.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
antisemantic
Posts: 171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 9:21:25 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Are you trying to make sense?
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 9:22:35 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/8/2008 9:21:25 PM, antisemantic wrote:
Are you trying to make sense?

I would ask you "Are you trying to make a fool of yourself?"

But that's a rhetorical question.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
antisemantic
Posts: 171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 9:26:58 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
As was mine.
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
Dnick94
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 9:21:05 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
Sounds like sadolite, casiopia, and hypocrisy.

Doesn't sound like askbob who doesn't try to win, but is irritated by antisemantic's vote bombing.
"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
-Albert Einstein
Dnick94
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 4:50:01 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/8/2008 8:15:31 PM, askbob wrote:
I have them until the current voting system is fixed. However if it is fixed there are things even the moderaters cannot fix such as leaving reasons for your votes. My TOS is sort of a private TOS only for my debates and only enforced by myself.

I can self tally the votes listed in the comments section, pick out joshandr30's fake accounts, detect completely bogus reasons, prevent trolling by enforcing month long bans of noncommunication.

I'm only implementing measures I can enforce. Hopefully some of these reasons will be temporary however many of them will be permanent.

Josh is currently out and vote bombing will be less effective from now on until he comes back.
"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
-Albert Einstein