Bowing Out

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 1:07:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
To DDO:

As you probably have guessed from the title, this post is basically saying to all of DDO, that I'm bowing out of the race for president of DDO in Dec. of 2012. However, PLEASE read the whole post. Thanks.

If any of you supported my bid (polls show otherwise, but you never know), I'll try and be brief in my explanation. In short, while I definitely feel I am committed to the community, and feel that my characteristics as a user are predisposed to coming off as accepted to most everyone (which was one of the primary goals in my campaign), I don't feel that I am really enough of a well-known or well-liked user to be entirely successful in carrying out my platform. There are other reasons, but for brevity, I'll exclude those.

So, I've decided I'll focus my efforts on being an active user on DDO to help our little community.

Therefore, I hereby concede to the remaining presidential candidates. However, I additionally fully support and endorse socialpinko for President, and Koopin for Vice President, and urge any of my supporters to do the same.

To socialpinko: I wish you the absolute best of luck, and you have my full support.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 1:17:13 PM
Kfc
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 3:37:08 PM
Well, this is sad. I am sure you'll have better luck next time DNinja. I thought your platform was great. You've also made great connections with people during the time that you were here. I can speak to that. The only thing separating you from the others who are still in the race is that they are a lot more active and spend more time online posting/debating/voting. So, as long as you get more active, I am sure you'll stand a great chance at winning the race next time.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 4:44:27 PM
Ahhh :(
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 6:29:59 PM
Well...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 10:42:46 PM
Interestingly, what reason is there to not vote for Airmax?

I think people just want an opposition for the hell of it.

There are actual reasons to keep Airmax as president. There aren't any to replace him. Not that there's anything wrong with SP--there isn't.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 11:39:29 PM
At 11/23/2012 10:42:46 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Interestingly, what reason is there to not vote for Airmax?

I think people just want an opposition for the hell of it.

There are actual reasons to keep Airmax as president. There aren't any to replace him. Not that there's anything wrong with SP--there isn't.

Spinko probably has more votes than he otherwise would because Airmax hasn't been campaigning at all, from what i've seen. But it probably doesn't even matter. When election day actually comes, he should still win comfortably.