Can one get away with more than 8,000 charact

truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 2:58:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Look at pro R3 http://www.debate.org...

You can test it by pasting it onto a forum post it. It doesn't fit.

What am I missing here?
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 3:02:45 PM
There is a glitch but I don't know how he did it since you shouldn't be able to use font with the glitch.

That warrants at least loss of the conduct point.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 10:36:49 PM
Yeah, it's really easy once you know basic DDO hacking, which is really just finding glitches, holes, and knowing html code.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 7:00:56 PM
At 11/23/2012 2:58:08 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:

What am I missing here?

Just type it out in NotePad (using signs like these for bolding: </strong,), paste it in rich text (using the "paste from word" option), copy it, convert to normal text and delete the whole thing, then paste it. It will work as long as you don't edit it anymore. I don't recommend doing this even if you need it because people will use it as an excuse to votebomb you.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:29:40 PM
At 11/26/2012 7:00:56 PM, MouthWash wrote:

What am I missing here?

Just type it out in NotePad (using signs like these for bolding: </strong,), paste it in rich text (using the "paste from word" option), copy it, convert to normal text and delete the whole thing, then paste it. It will work as long as you don't edit it anymore. I don't recommend doing this even if you need it because people will use it as an excuse to votebomb you.

You should lose points for it. I just had to drop a whole rebuttal point in the debate I'm in because I didn't have space. If that happened because my opponent in the previous round went over the limit, I'd be super pissed.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:45:10 PM

What am I missing here?

Don't spread this around.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Zeph
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:48:12 PM
At 11/27/2012 5:45:10 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

What am I missing here?

Don't spread this around.

Yeah, don't put this on the forums.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 8:15:18 AM
At 11/27/2012 5:29:40 PM, phantom wrote:

What am I missing here?

You should lose points for it. I just had to drop a whole rebuttal point in the debate I'm in because I didn't have space. If that happened because my opponent in the previous round went over the limit, I'd be super pissed.

I'd be super pissed if I were forced to go over the limit because my opponent combined the Gish Gallop with numerous strawmen and semantic arguments, forcing me to waste even further massive amounts of space by quoting her to give her full context instead of allowing me to simply summarize her case.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 10:56:20 AM
At 11/28/2012 8:15:18 AM, MouthWash wrote:

What am I missing here?

I'd be super pissed if I were forced to go over the limit because my opponent combined the Gish Gallop with numerous strawmen and semantic arguments, forcing me to waste even further massive amounts of space by quoting her to give her full context instead of allowing me to simply summarize her case.

Then call them on gish galloping. Bitching about Gish Galloping only means you don't know how to respond well to them.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 10:57:15 AM
That's not to say Gish Galloping is good, because it is a terribly bad debating tactic if nothing else due to the ease of rebutting them.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 11:25:07 AM

What am I missing here?

Well then she was obviously wasting her space as well. It shouldn't be that difficult to respond to fallacious arguments.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 12:01:03 PM
At 11/28/2012 11:25:07 AM, phantom wrote:

What am I missing here?

Well then she was obviously wasting her space as well. It shouldn't be that difficult to respond to fallacious arguments.

Nah, she put out her real arguments along with the semantics, and forced me to provide the already very long real arguments as well as detailed explanations of why her arguments were fallacious.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 12:01:32 PM
At 11/28/2012 10:56:20 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

What am I missing here?

Then call them on gish galloping. Bitching about Gish Galloping only means you don't know how to respond well to them.

Looking back, this could have possibly saved the debate.
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 9:56:28 PM
I don't recommend doing this even if you need it because people will use it as an excuse to votebomb you.

Don't cheat because you might get votebombed? That's like saying don't blow up the world trade center because seal team six may resent.
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 10:32:30 PM
Correction:

I don't recommend doing this even if you need it because people will use it as an excuse to votebomb you.

Don't cheat because you might get votebombed? That's like saying don't blow up the world trade center because seal team six may be unfairly resentful.