Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

charleslb, your time has come!

MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:21:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
From this thread: [http://debate.org...]

At 11/28/2012 6:12:45 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 1:31:27 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/27/2012 6:03:01 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/27/2012 5:25:06 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/27/2012 12:43:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/21/2012 9:55:28 PM, MouthWash wrote:
*yawn*

Hmm, is this all the input that you have to offer?

The video I afore posted is what I have to contribute. It's not mine, but a perspective I endorse entirely

Trying to avoid excessive typing that might lead to developing carpal tunnel? Or is there some other reason that you don't care to express your views in your own words?

I agree with Pat Condell, and I think he said it rather nicely. Also, I think people are more likely to watch a video than read one of my notoriously long posts.

Btw, if you want to have a go with me about Israel (either philosophically or politically), feel free to challenge me to a debate.

Debate him, charlie! Prove that we should support the Palestinians instead of just ranting about it!
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:32:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:30:31 AM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
GTFO MilitaryAtheist!
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:36:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:30:31 AM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
GTFO MouthWash!

I'm pretty sure MA is some long-banned member.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
YYW
Posts: 36,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:39:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:21:10 AM, MouthWash wrote:
From this thread: [http://debate.org...]

At 11/28/2012 6:12:45 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 1:31:27 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/27/2012 6:03:01 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/27/2012 5:25:06 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/27/2012 12:43:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/21/2012 9:55:28 PM, MouthWash wrote:
*yawn*

Hmm, is this all the input that you have to offer?

The video I afore posted is what I have to contribute. It's not mine, but a perspective I endorse entirely

Trying to avoid excessive typing that might lead to developing carpal tunnel? Or is there some other reason that you don't care to express your views in your own words?

I agree with Pat Condell, and I think he said it rather nicely. Also, I think people are more likely to watch a video than read one of my notoriously long posts.

Btw, if you want to have a go with me about Israel (either philosophically or politically), feel free to challenge me to a debate.


Debate him, charlie! Prove that we should support the Palestinians instead of just ranting about it!

I do want to point out, though, that if the entire generation of Palestinian political (or pseudo-politicial leadership) were made not to be influential in some way and that narrative of leadership were permitted to be culturally disavowed by the Palestinian people, there might be a possible solution. The problem is that the Palestinians are led by a terrorist organization which will stop at nothing to kill Jews. The killing Jews towards their ultimate purge/eradication from the middle east is their principle objective and highest priority. Israel fully possesses the capacity to annihilate Palestine from existence -and yet it does not because to wage a genocide in that way is to disavow what it means to be human. The reason that Israel DOES NOT instigate, but only retaliates is because that is all that it CAN do morally. Unfortunately, though, there are -palestinian- civilians that die and stupid western journalists flock to the corpses like flies on sh!t that they may parade the supposed "human rights" atrocity waged by that "great zionist regime" which is Israel. The lot of it is sh!t, and definitively so.

Here's the problem: they're -those damn bloody journalists- blight world opinion by perpetuating a lie, promulgating false sympathy, proffering dishonesty. Why? That's what baffles me. Misguided values, a jadedly false universality of perspective, etc. But the problem is that Hamas isn't going anywhere. If Israel did what was necessary to address that problem, surely the world would feel it is obliged to opine and in doing so condemn the only means available to a salutary but ultimately mutually beneficial intervention by the Israeli military.
Tsar of DDO
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:43:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:39:33 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:21:10 AM, MouthWash wrote:
From this thread: [http://debate.org...]

At 11/28/2012 6:12:45 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 1:31:27 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/27/2012 6:03:01 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/27/2012 5:25:06 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/27/2012 12:43:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/21/2012 9:55:28 PM, MouthWash wrote:
*yawn*

Hmm, is this all the input that you have to offer?

The video I afore posted is what I have to contribute. It's not mine, but a perspective I endorse entirely

Trying to avoid excessive typing that might lead to developing carpal tunnel? Or is there some other reason that you don't care to express your views in your own words?

I agree with Pat Condell, and I think he said it rather nicely. Also, I think people are more likely to watch a video than read one of my notoriously long posts.

Btw, if you want to have a go with me about Israel (either philosophically or politically), feel free to challenge me to a debate.


Debate him, charlie! Prove that we should support the Palestinians instead of just ranting about it!

I do want to point out, though, that if the entire generation of Palestinian political (or pseudo-politicial leadership) were made not to be influential in some way and that narrative of leadership were permitted to be culturally disavowed by the Palestinian people, there might be a possible solution. The problem is that the Palestinians are led by a terrorist organization which will stop at nothing to kill Jews. The killing Jews towards their ultimate purge/eradication from the middle east is their principle objective and highest priority. Israel fully possesses the capacity to annihilate Palestine from existence -and yet it does not because to wage a genocide in that way is to disavow what it means to be human. The reason that Israel DOES NOT instigate, but only retaliates is because that is all that it CAN do morally. Unfortunately, though, there are -palestinian- civilians that die and stupid western journalists flock to the corpses like flies on sh!t that they may parade the supposed "human rights" atrocity waged by that "great zionist regime" which is Israel. The lot of it is sh!t, and definitively so.

Here's the problem: they're -those damn bloody journalists- blight world opinion by perpetuating a lie, promulgating false sympathy, proffering dishonesty. Why? That's what baffles me. Misguided values, a jadedly false universality of perspective, etc. But the problem is that Hamas isn't going anywhere. If Israel did what was necessary to address that problem, surely the world would feel it is obliged to opine and in doing so condemn the only means available to a salutary but ultimately mutually beneficial intervention by the Israeli military.

Yes, but will you debate?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
YYW
Posts: 36,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:45:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:43:37 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:39:33 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:21:10 AM, MouthWash wrote:
From this thread: [http://debate.org...]

At 11/28/2012 6:12:45 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 1:31:27 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/27/2012 6:03:01 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/27/2012 5:25:06 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/27/2012 12:43:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/21/2012 9:55:28 PM, MouthWash wrote:
*yawn*

Hmm, is this all the input that you have to offer?

The video I afore posted is what I have to contribute. It's not mine, but a perspective I endorse entirely

Trying to avoid excessive typing that might lead to developing carpal tunnel? Or is there some other reason that you don't care to express your views in your own words?

I agree with Pat Condell, and I think he said it rather nicely. Also, I think people are more likely to watch a video than read one of my notoriously long posts.

Btw, if you want to have a go with me about Israel (either philosophically or politically), feel free to challenge me to a debate.


Debate him, charlie! Prove that we should support the Palestinians instead of just ranting about it!

I do want to point out, though, that if the entire generation of Palestinian political (or pseudo-politicial leadership) were made not to be influential in some way and that narrative of leadership were permitted to be culturally disavowed by the Palestinian people, there might be a possible solution. The problem is that the Palestinians are led by a terrorist organization which will stop at nothing to kill Jews. The killing Jews towards their ultimate purge/eradication from the middle east is their principle objective and highest priority. Israel fully possesses the capacity to annihilate Palestine from existence -and yet it does not because to wage a genocide in that way is to disavow what it means to be human. The reason that Israel DOES NOT instigate, but only retaliates is because that is all that it CAN do morally. Unfortunately, though, there are -palestinian- civilians that die and stupid western journalists flock to the corpses like flies on sh!t that they may parade the supposed "human rights" atrocity waged by that "great zionist regime" which is Israel. The lot of it is sh!t, and definitively so.

Here's the problem: they're -those damn bloody journalists- blight world opinion by perpetuating a lie, promulgating false sympathy, proffering dishonesty. Why? That's what baffles me. Misguided values, a jadedly false universality of perspective, etc. But the problem is that Hamas isn't going anywhere. If Israel did what was necessary to address that problem, surely the world would feel it is obliged to opine and in doing so condemn the only means available to a salutary but ultimately mutually beneficial intervention by the Israeli military.

Yes, but will you debate?

If he has a good challenge, I might. This has been on my mind lately.
Tsar of DDO
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:47:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:45:22 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:43:37 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:39:33 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:21:10 AM, MouthWash wrote:
From this thread: [http://debate.org...]

At 11/28/2012 6:12:45 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 1:31:27 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/27/2012 6:03:01 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/27/2012 5:25:06 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/27/2012 12:43:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/21/2012 9:55:28 PM, MouthWash wrote:
*yawn*

Hmm, is this all the input that you have to offer?

The video I afore posted is what I have to contribute. It's not mine, but a perspective I endorse entirely

Trying to avoid excessive typing that might lead to developing carpal tunnel? Or is there some other reason that you don't care to express your views in your own words?

I agree with Pat Condell, and I think he said it rather nicely. Also, I think people are more likely to watch a video than read one of my notoriously long posts.

Btw, if you want to have a go with me about Israel (either philosophically or politically), feel free to challenge me to a debate.


Debate him, charlie! Prove that we should support the Palestinians instead of just ranting about it!

I do want to point out, though, that if the entire generation of Palestinian political (or pseudo-politicial leadership) were made not to be influential in some way and that narrative of leadership were permitted to be culturally disavowed by the Palestinian people, there might be a possible solution. The problem is that the Palestinians are led by a terrorist organization which will stop at nothing to kill Jews. The killing Jews towards their ultimate purge/eradication from the middle east is their principle objective and highest priority. Israel fully possesses the capacity to annihilate Palestine from existence -and yet it does not because to wage a genocide in that way is to disavow what it means to be human. The reason that Israel DOES NOT instigate, but only retaliates is because that is all that it CAN do morally. Unfortunately, though, there are -palestinian- civilians that die and stupid western journalists flock to the corpses like flies on sh!t that they may parade the supposed "human rights" atrocity waged by that "great zionist regime" which is Israel. The lot of it is sh!t, and definitively so.

Here's the problem: they're -those damn bloody journalists- blight world opinion by perpetuating a lie, promulgating false sympathy, proffering dishonesty. Why? That's what baffles me. Misguided values, a jadedly false universality of perspective, etc. But the problem is that Hamas isn't going anywhere. If Israel did what was necessary to address that problem, surely the world would feel it is obliged to opine and in doing so condemn the only means available to a salutary but ultimately mutually beneficial intervention by the Israeli military.

Yes, but will you debate?

If he has a good challenge, I might. This has been on my mind lately.

Think about it this way- if you debate him, he will be forced to actually do research and come up with something real for once. If he refuses, he'll never be able to show his smug little avatar here again.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
YYW
Posts: 36,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:49:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:47:17 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:45:22 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:43:37 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:39:33 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:21:10 AM, MouthWash wrote:
From this thread: [http://debate.org...]

At 11/28/2012 6:12:45 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 1:31:27 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/27/2012 6:03:01 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/27/2012 5:25:06 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/27/2012 12:43:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/21/2012 9:55:28 PM, MouthWash wrote:
*yawn*

Hmm, is this all the input that you have to offer?

The video I afore posted is what I have to contribute. It's not mine, but a perspective I endorse entirely

Trying to avoid excessive typing that might lead to developing carpal tunnel? Or is there some other reason that you don't care to express your views in your own words?

I agree with Pat Condell, and I think he said it rather nicely. Also, I think people are more likely to watch a video than read one of my notoriously long posts.

Btw, if you want to have a go with me about Israel (either philosophically or politically), feel free to challenge me to a debate.


Debate him, charlie! Prove that we should support the Palestinians instead of just ranting about it!

I do want to point out, though, that if the entire generation of Palestinian political (or pseudo-politicial leadership) were made not to be influential in some way and that narrative of leadership were permitted to be culturally disavowed by the Palestinian people, there might be a possible solution. The problem is that the Palestinians are led by a terrorist organization which will stop at nothing to kill Jews. The killing Jews towards their ultimate purge/eradication from the middle east is their principle objective and highest priority. Israel fully possesses the capacity to annihilate Palestine from existence -and yet it does not because to wage a genocide in that way is to disavow what it means to be human. The reason that Israel DOES NOT instigate, but only retaliates is because that is all that it CAN do morally. Unfortunately, though, there are -palestinian- civilians that die and stupid western journalists flock to the corpses like flies on sh!t that they may parade the supposed "human rights" atrocity waged by that "great zionist regime" which is Israel. The lot of it is sh!t, and definitively so.

Here's the problem: they're -those damn bloody journalists- blight world opinion by perpetuating a lie, promulgating false sympathy, proffering dishonesty. Why? That's what baffles me. Misguided values, a jadedly false universality of perspective, etc. But the problem is that Hamas isn't going anywhere. If Israel did what was necessary to address that problem, surely the world would feel it is obliged to opine and in doing so condemn the only means available to a salutary but ultimately mutually beneficial intervention by the Israeli military.

Yes, but will you debate?

If he has a good challenge, I might. This has been on my mind lately.

Think about it this way- if you debate him, he will be forced to actually do research and come up with something real for once. If he refuses, he'll never be able to show his smug little avatar here again.

I think you have a bigger idea about this dude than he merits. My decision to debate him or not has nothing to do with him, it's about (1) the degree of pleasure I will experience from arguing the subject relative to (2) the degree of pleasure that I might otherwise experience from allocating my time in some other way. Narcissistic? Damn right it is. Do I feel bad about that? Not in the least.
Tsar of DDO
emospongebob527
Posts: 790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 7:18:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:32:18 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:30:31 AM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
GTFO AlwaysMoreThanYou!
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 8:16:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm interested in debating "Muslims should support the existence of Israel." I'm pretty sure Ahmed is very opposed to this. Maybe I can trick him into a debate?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 8:34:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:47:17 AM, MouthWash wrote:

Think about it this way- if you debate him, he will be forced to actually do research and come up with something real for once. If he refuses, he'll never be able to show his smug little avatar here again.

Lol you must be new.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 8:38:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 8:34:38 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:47:17 AM, MouthWash wrote:

Think about it this way- if you debate him, he will be forced to actually do research and come up with something real for once. If he refuses, he'll never be able to show his smug little avatar here again.

Lol you must be new.

I was joking. Please.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 8:42:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 8:16:51 AM, Mirza wrote:
I'm interested in debating "Muslims should support the existence of Israel." I'm pretty sure Ahmed is very opposed to this. Maybe I can trick him into a debate?

The hatred of Israel by the Middle Eastern Muslims is a political rather than ideological phenomenon, in my opinion (ideology adapts to politics). Just look at Azerbaijan which is almost entirely Shiite but is Israel's closest ally in the Middle East.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 1:36:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:40:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:30:31 AM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:
GTFO MouthWash!

Who the fvck are you?

He is westernmarch/CAPLlock
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 2:12:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It is bad enough to see "calling out" threads where members demand that a certain other member debate them and take a declined challenge as worthy of dishonor regardless of how much free time their potential opponent might have. This is the first time I've seen a calling out thread where the member called out was asked to debate somebody else, not the OP of thread.

In other words, Mouthwash, if you are interested in debating someone, send them a challenge.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 3:37:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 2:12:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
It is bad enough to see "calling out" threads where members demand that a certain other member debate them and take a declined challenge as worthy of dishonor regardless of how much free time their potential opponent might have. This is the first time I've seen a calling out thread where the member called out was asked to debate somebody else, not the OP of thread.

In other words, Mouthwash, if you are interested in debating someone, send them a challenge.

I wanted to make sure he couldn't slip his way out of this one.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 3:38:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Although I realize I have been making quite a few of these recently.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 4:26:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 3:37:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/28/2012 2:12:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
It is bad enough to see "calling out" threads where members demand that a certain other member debate them and take a declined challenge as worthy of dishonor regardless of how much free time their potential opponent might have. This is the first time I've seen a calling out thread where the member called out was asked to debate somebody else, not the OP of thread.

In other words, Mouthwash, if you are interested in debating someone, send them a challenge.

I wanted to make sure he couldn't slip his way out of this one.

What do you mean "slip?" A debate is an activity that members participate in if they enjoy it. If they don't, then they won't debate. Why do you consider it "slipping his way out?" No one is obligated to debate. You are making it sound like debating is mandatory work to be done as opposed to a recreational activity done at one's leisure.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 4:38:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 4:26:30 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/28/2012 3:37:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/28/2012 2:12:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
It is bad enough to see "calling out" threads where members demand that a certain other member debate them and take a declined challenge as worthy of dishonor regardless of how much free time their potential opponent might have. This is the first time I've seen a calling out thread where the member called out was asked to debate somebody else, not the OP of thread.

In other words, Mouthwash, if you are interested in debating someone, send them a challenge.

I wanted to make sure he couldn't slip his way out of this one.

What do you mean "slip?" A debate is an activity that members participate in if they enjoy it. If they don't, then they won't debate. Why do you consider it "slipping his way out?" No one is obligated to debate. You are making it sound like debating is mandatory work to be done as opposed to a recreational activity done at one's leisure.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 5:00:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 4:38:30 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 11/28/2012 4:26:30 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/28/2012 3:37:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/28/2012 2:12:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
It is bad enough to see "calling out" threads where members demand that a certain other member debate them and take a declined challenge as worthy of dishonor regardless of how much free time their potential opponent might have. This is the first time I've seen a calling out thread where the member called out was asked to debate somebody else, not the OP of thread.

In other words, Mouthwash, if you are interested in debating someone, send them a challenge.

I wanted to make sure he couldn't slip his way out of this one.

What do you mean "slip?" A debate is an activity that members participate in if they enjoy it. If they don't, then they won't debate. Why do you consider it "slipping his way out?" No one is obligated to debate. You are making it sound like debating is mandatory work to be done as opposed to a recreational activity done at one's leisure.

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 5:11:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The only real conclusion I've come to with regards to the Palestine/Israel debate is this: if you think you can draw black and white moral boundaries between the two sides, you're wrong.
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 5:37:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 5:11:14 PM, Wnope wrote:
The only real conclusion I've come to with regards to the Palestine/Israel debate is this: if you think you can draw black and white moral boundaries between the two sides, you're wrong.

Like.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 7:30:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 5:11:14 PM, Wnope wrote:
The only real conclusion I've come to with regards to the Palestine/Israel debate is this: if you think you can draw black and white moral boundaries between the two sides, you're wrong.

Winrar.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
YYW
Posts: 36,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 9:14:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 7:30:52 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/28/2012 5:11:14 PM, Wnope wrote:
The only real conclusion I've come to with regards to the Palestine/Israel debate is this: if you think you can draw black and white moral boundaries between the two sides, you're wrong.

Winrar.

Between the Israeli people and Palestinian civilians who oppose Hamas? No distinction is necessary. But between Hamas and Israel, it is a black and white type issue. Very simple. Very easy to determine right and wrong.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 9:18:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 4:26:30 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 11/28/2012 3:37:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/28/2012 2:12:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
It is bad enough to see "calling out" threads where members demand that a certain other member debate them and take a declined challenge as worthy of dishonor regardless of how much free time their potential opponent might have. This is the first time I've seen a calling out thread where the member called out was asked to debate somebody else, not the OP of thread.

In other words, Mouthwash, if you are interested in debating someone, send them a challenge.

I wanted to make sure he couldn't slip his way out of this one.

What do you mean "slip?" A debate is an activity that members participate in if they enjoy it. If they don't, then they won't debate. Why do you consider it "slipping his way out?" No one is obligated to debate. You are making it sound like debating is mandatory work to be done as opposed to a recreational activity done at one's leisure.

I actually want to point out that this is definitively how I approach my participation to this site. I'm not saying it's the right way or the ideal way to do it, but my commitment to this site begins and ends with my enjoying doing so. I have no obligation to wage ideological warfare -Mouthwash, I'm talking specifically to you here- on anyone, however preposterous their views may be. I mean, I could devote my life to lambasting online all the various instances of stupidity I come across -but there comes a point that one has to ask... well, to what end? This is the bloody internet and nothing on here matters. Thick skin and a good sense of humor are necessary; cornering and chastising foolishness is like building a sand castle when the tide is coming in.
Tsar of DDO