Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

A beginners tournament

Hemanth_Nambiar
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 10:22:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Fine, so this is going to be a tournament exclusively for the sake of newbies. Let me specify a few rules which shall govern this tournament.
To be eligible, you require to have participated in a minimum of 4 debates and a maximum of 25 debates. Anything more than that shall result in instant disqualification.

Secondly, the topics which are chosen for the debates should apply to the world scenario, and not the United states alone. A classic example of such a topic is a burning issue like capital punishments.

Thirdly, there shall be 8 participants for this tournament. However, unlike ordinary tournaments, this tournament shall see its participants being divided into two groups: Group A and Group B. There shall be 4 participants in each group. Every participant will face off against the other three participants in the group. Therefore, there shall be 3 debates which every contestant shall participate in before crashing out or qualifying for the semi finals. In short, two contestants shall proceed from each group.....

Now, the point distribution is as follows:

Win: 6 points
Draw/Tie: 3 points
Defeat on the basis of votes: 0 points
Concession: 1 point
Forfeit(in more than 1 round):-1
In case your opponent secures zero points, i.e. you beat him with a margin of, say 10-0, you earn a bonus point.

In case two or more participants are tied at the same number of points at the end of three debates, then it will come down to a face off between the two of them. The winner shall proceed to the semis, and the loser shall crash out.

Let me illustrate this with an example:

Let's say IN GROUP A:

X- 13 POINTS
Y- 8 POINTS
Z- 8 POINTS
V- 0 POINTS

Under such circumstances, Y and Z shall face off in a two round debate( to save time) and the winner shall proceed to the semi finals.

If three contestants are tied on the same number of points, then we shall resolve this issue by calculating the cumulative total of the points amassed by them over the 3 debates.

Note: The cumulative total is calculated by calculating the points scored by a debater over the three debates( the points which are showcased on top of your screen at the end of the debate, i.e. the one which decides as to whether you have won or lost the debate.) - the points conceded by you.

Let us suppose for instance that I win my first debate by a margin of 20 to 7.
I lose my 2nd debate by a margin of 4 to 23
And that I win my third debate by a margin of 30 to 17.

Then, my cumulative total will be 20+4+30-7-23-17...i.e. 7 points.
If some one has an overall victory margin of 8 points, i.e. more than me, he proceeds to the semis.

Let the tournament begin!!!!!!

GROUP A matches won drawn lost Points

1: Hemanth Nambiar
2:
3:
4:

GROUP B matches won drawn lost Points

1:
2:
3:
4:
Hemanth_Nambiar
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 10:43:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/3/2012 10:36:05 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Dude, there's already one going on. GTFO.

Go fu*k ur self. I'm offering a tournament with a different format, and there are a great number of people out there who wish to join a beginners dbate tournament, myself included.
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 11:42:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/3/2012 10:43:36 AM, Hemanth_Nambiar wrote:
At 12/3/2012 10:36:05 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Dude, there's already one going on. GTFO.

Go fu*k ur self. I'm offering a tournament with a different format, and there are a great number of people out there who wish to join a beginners dbate tournament, myself included.

You f*ck yourself. You're the one making a useless debate tournament.
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 12:56:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Obiwan is already doin' this plus he's more qualified then you.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 12:59:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/3/2012 12:56:35 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Obiwan is already doin' this plus he's more qualified then you.

^^^^^ Perfect analysis.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 1:03:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/3/2012 10:36:05 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Dude, there's already one going on. GTFO.

At 12/3/2012 10:43:36 AM, Hemanth_Nambiar wrote:
Go fu*k ur self. I'm offering a tournament with a different format, and there are a great number of people out there who wish to join a beginners dbate tournament, myself included.

At 12/3/2012 11:42:13 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
You f*ck yourself. You're the one making a useless debate tournament.
Stop fighting, guise! I didn't get my popcorn yet.

Okay, continue now!
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 9:31:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm in, but I'm also in the other tournament, so I may not be available to do a full tourny for a bit
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Hemanth_Nambiar
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 9:01:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Fine...if that's ur opinion, then I shall meekly concede.....and Ron Paul, sorry for the offensive comment. This tournament has been cancelled. I'll have a regular debate with you, Ryuukyuzo.
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 9:12:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Man, don't let people punk you. If you want to start a tournament, then start one. Wether Ron Paul b*tches or a sack of rice falls over in China, it doesn't fvcking matter to anyone.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
emospongebob527
Posts: 790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 10:37:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/3/2012 10:22:05 AM, Hemanth_Nambiar wrote:
Fine, so this is going to be a tournament exclusively for the sake of newbies. Let me specify a few rules which shall govern this tournament.
To be eligible, you require to have participated in a minimum of 4 debates and a maximum of 25 debates. Anything more than that shall result in instant disqualification.

Secondly, the topics which are chosen for the debates should apply to the world scenario, and not the United states alone. A classic example of such a topic is a burning issue like capital punishments.

Thirdly, there shall be 8 participants for this tournament. However, unlike ordinary tournaments, this tournament shall see its participants being divided into two groups: Group A and Group B. There shall be 4 participants in each group. Every participant will face off against the other three participants in the group. Therefore, there shall be 3 debates which every contestant shall participate in before crashing out or qualifying for the semi finals. In short, two contestants shall proceed from each group.....

Now, the point distribution is as follows:

Win: 6 points
Draw/Tie: 3 points
Defeat on the basis of votes: 0 points
Concession: 1 point
Forfeit(in more than 1 round):-1
In case your opponent secures zero points, i.e. you beat him with a margin of, say 10-0, you earn a bonus point.

In case two or more participants are tied at the same number of points at the end of three debates, then it will come down to a face off between the two of them. The winner shall proceed to the semis, and the loser shall crash out.

Let me illustrate this with an example:

Let's say IN GROUP A:

X- 13 POINTS
Y- 8 POINTS
Z- 8 POINTS
V- 0 POINTS

Under such circumstances, Y and Z shall face off in a two round debate( to save time) and the winner shall proceed to the semi finals.

If three contestants are tied on the same number of points, then we shall resolve this issue by calculating the cumulative total of the points amassed by them over the 3 debates.

Note: The cumulative total is calculated by calculating the points scored by a debater over the three debates( the points which are showcased on top of your screen at the end of the debate, i.e. the one which decides as to whether you have won or lost the debate.) - the points conceded by you.

Let us suppose for instance that I win my first debate by a margin of 20 to 7.
I lose my 2nd debate by a margin of 4 to 23
And that I win my third debate by a margin of 30 to 17.

Then, my cumulative total will be 20+4+30-7-23-17...i.e. 7 points.
If some one has an overall victory margin of 8 points, i.e. more than me, he proceeds to the semis.

Let the tournament begin!!!!!!

GROUP A matches won drawn lost Points

1: Hemanth Nambiar
2: emospongebob527
3:
4:

GROUP B matches won drawn lost Points

1:
2:
3:
4:
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana