Jump to topic:

DDO University

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 3:39:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I, EMPEROR, DICTATOR, HIGH CHANCELLOR AND GRAND POOBAH OF THESE FORUMS, DO HEREBY ESTABLISH THE GREAT DDO UNIVERSITY!

It shall be a faculty to educate members in fields relevant to the site.

I, FREEDO, shall act as director of this school until such duty is delegated otherwise. As such, I shall appoint the different professors who shall take up the duty of leading each field. I shall be the one to officially bestow honors, such as a diploma. And I shall take up any other duties necessary for organizing the school, not otherwise delegated.

As of yet, there are only two fields. Fundamentals and History . This is likely to be updated later.

Fundamentals will employ courses directed towards new members to help them become familiar with the site. A diploma in this field is meant to demonstrate that this member has properly been shown the ropes of our community in a way more thorough than traditional greeting and information for new members.

History will employ courses which will teach members the full and detailed history of our community. A diploma in this field is meant to demonstrate that this member has become well-studied in the time-line of DDO history, to a degree to which the member would be effective at accurately answering most questions posed to them about the subject.

Once we see how this pans out, I will likely add more difficult degrees, including various debating degrees.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 3:58:12 AM
Higher education is overrated. I'm not paying for some useless degree.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 4:00:34 AM
Cool. I'll apply... but only if there's little interest cause I'm lazy like that. :)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 4:20:40 AM
I want to major in Classical Jimtimmy Multiaccounting Theory.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 4:27:03 AM
At 12/5/2012 4:20:54 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Anyone interesting in taking up a teaching position, please say so.

I actually meant apply for a teaching position. Hit me up if business is slowwwwww-w-w-w-w-w.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 4:28:51 AM
At 12/5/2012 4:20:40 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
I want to major in Classical Jimtimmy Multiaccounting Theory.

Then I'll major in Royalpaladin Leaving then Coming Back as a New Account Theory.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 4:36:30 AM

MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 4:39:05 AM
At 12/5/2012 4:27:03 AM, Oryus wrote:

I actually meant apply for a teaching position. Hit me up if business is slowwwwww-w-w-w-w-w.

At 12/5/2012 4:36:30 AM, imabench wrote:

For which field?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 4:42:03 AM
Open an accredited program for the study of Dogknox, and I'll teach that.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 4:45:13 AM
At 12/5/2012 4:42:03 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
Open an accredited program for the study of Dogknox, and I'll teach that.

I may open up certain frivolous fields for a "minor".
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 6:40:17 AM
I'd teach history of DDO, but there is still much field work of archaeology and paleontology to be done before anyone could adequately teach a non-bias history.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
DenyEverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 7:52:33 AM
At 12/5/2012 7:35:08 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Imagine how pathetic the football team would be.

No kidding. I'd be happy to teach debate (like anyone cares to learn).
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 8:16:43 AM
At 12/5/2012 7:52:33 AM, DenyEverything wrote:

Maybe we could use our powers of rhetoric to convince the other team that using coercion isn't the answer.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 9:53:53 AM
At 12/5/2012 8:16:43 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 12/5/2012 7:52:33 AM, DenyEverything wrote:

Maybe we could use our powers of rhetoric to convince the other team that using coercion isn't the answer.

Win
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 10:57:19 AM
At 12/5/2012 4:39:05 AM, FREEDO wrote:

For which field?

Whichever one that Trolling 101, Trolling 202, Trolling 303, Advanced Trolling, and Internet Podcasting fall into
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 11:03:25 AM
At 12/5/2012 11:02:12 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Question: If I graduate from the history course, will I be the Master Historian of DDO?

hehehe
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 11:07:38 AM
Everyone wants to teach. I'd rather be a student, but I'd take everything pass/fail.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
MilitaryAtheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 11:08:47 AM
At 12/5/2012 11:07:42 AM, MilitaryAtheist wrote:

The art of nonchalant sayings of "kfc".
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 11:21:49 AM
At 12/5/2012 4:39:05 AM, FREEDO wrote:

For which field?

Fundamentals of DDO. Maybe history but I'm not really sure if I qualify for that. I could teach the 101 class.
:
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 12:32:31 PM
At 12/5/2012 3:39:44 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I, EMPEROR, DICTATOR, HIGH CHANCELLOR AND GRAND POOBAH OF THESE FORUMS, DO HEREBY ESTABLISH THE GREAT DDO UNIVERSITY!

I, FREEDO, shall act as director of this school until such duty is delegated otherwise. As such, I shall appoint the different professors who shall take up the duty of leading each field. I shall be the one to officially bestow honors, such as a diploma. And I shall take up any other duties necessary for organizing the school, not otherwise delegated.

As of yet, there are only two fields. Fundamentals and History . This is likely to be updated later.

Fundamentals will employ courses directed towards new members to help them become familiar with the site. A diploma in this field is meant to demonstrate that this member has properly been shown the ropes of our community in a way more thorough than traditional greeting and information for new members.

History will employ courses which will teach members the full and detailed history of our community. A diploma in this field is meant to demonstrate that this member has become well-studied in the time-line of DDO history, to a degree to which the member would be effective at accurately answering most questions posed to them about the subject.

Once we see how this pans out, I will likely add more difficult degrees, including various debating degrees.

I am a pupil who would like to be taught in the history of DDO.

I would love to learn about the Grandoise event that apparently brought democracy called the IMA revolution and the The Establishment of the DDO elite especially.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 1:58:20 PM
At 12/5/2012 12:32:31 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 12/5/2012 3:39:44 AM, FREEDO wrote:

I am a pupil who would like to be taught in the history of DDO.

I would love to learn about the Grandoise event that apparently brought democracy called the IMA revolution and the The Establishment of the DDO elite especially.

I would also like to teach that subject