Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

OFFICIAL: Upcoming Release - Exciting News!

Debate.org_Official
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 12:04:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Good afternoon, DDO'ers!

How is everyone doing? Enjoying the election? Staying sane in your holiday preparations? We sure hope so!

Today, we would like to make an exciting announcement regarding the next release of Debate.org.

We at DDO have been working diligently these past few months to sort through and prioritize your long and valued list of feature suggestions and enhancements. Next week, we are planning to release our most exciting update yet...

As a holiday present to you, our members, we will soon be incorporating the long-awaited ELO ranking leaderboard!

This leaderboard will live alongside the current one, and will serve as a more accurate and valuable system for ranking members based on debate performance.

We are presently working on finalizing the other items to be included in next week's release, but wanted to give you a sneak peek of the goodness that is to come!

BIG thanks to Ore_Ele and Nate for carrying out all of the intricate mathematics behind the rankings, and to Mike for working so hard to set it all in motion!

We hope you are as excited about this release as we are!

Happy holidays, happy election, and happy DEBATING!
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 12:30:02 PM
This sounds wonderful. I have been here since May 2010 and this is the best state the site has ever been in, in my opinion, in terms of the community, site features, and taking the community and site features seriously. Also in terms of all the active members being able to have their voices heard, in terms of praise and criticism and requests, etc. The dedication of those working to make the DDO community a smoother, happier, more harmonious place honestly makes it a pleasure for me to be part of this and to benefit from it. I thank you all for your work and dedication - it shows, and DDO is a better place now because of it.
Debate.org_Official
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 12:32:08 PM
At 12/14/2012 12:30:02 PM, jat93 wrote:
This sounds wonderful. I have been here since May 2010 and this is the best state the site has ever been in, in my opinion, in terms of the community, site features, and taking the community and site features seriously. Also in terms of all the active members being able to have their voices heard, in terms of praise and criticism and requests, etc. The dedication of those working to make the DDO community a smoother, happier, more harmonious place honestly makes it a pleasure for me to be part of this and to benefit from it. I thank you all for your work and dedication - it shows, and DDO is a better place now because of it.

Hearing stuff like this makes our day! ;)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 1:25:58 PM

+1 to this. I haven't been here quite as long (feb 2011) but I think ddo's at it's best since I've been here. Can't wait to see the new Elo leader boards. That is awesome news.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 1:37:59 PM
At 12/14/2012 1:25:58 PM, phantom wrote:

+1 to this. I haven't been here quite as long (feb 2012) but I think ddo's at it's best since I've been here. Can't wait to see the new Elo leader boards. That is awesome news.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 4:25:07 PM
Okay, officially getting a little sad that more people are not happy about this.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 4:26:42 PM
At 12/14/2012 4:25:07 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Okay, officially getting a little sad that more people are not happy about this.

its because the title isnt catchy enough to get people to notice.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 5:06:52 PM
At 12/14/2012 4:48:37 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Where is the leaderboard? The old format seemed to have disappeared.

http://www.debate.org...

Here is the old leaderboard. You have to go to people, then "more" on the right.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 5:13:15 PM
At 12/14/2012 4:29:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:
hoy sh1t, Juggle is awesome!!!!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 5:48:37 PM
Glory, glory! Hallelujah!

My Christmas is SET.

Thank you to Juggle, Ore_Ele and all who had a part in this achievement.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
RationalMadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 5:52:57 PM
If I'm near the top it's cool if not it's lame.
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
Muted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 11:58:33 PM
At 12/14/2012 5:48:37 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Glory, glory! Hallelujah!

My Christmas is SET.

Thank you to Juggle, Ore_Ele and all who had a part in this achievement.
Exterminate!!!!!!-Dalek.

The ability to speak does not make you a competent debater.

One does not simply do the rain dance.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 8:17:05 PM
Looking very forward to seeing this change fully implemented. Really, it's a great addition to actually measure the quality of debates, rather than the quantity.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan